• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

3/26 GDT : Pittsburgh Penguins at Detroit Red Wings, 2:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

Weak goals or not, I still don't think it's fair blaming either goaltenders. We can't score. We can't defend. Do we have to expect either goalies to carry every single game? When is the rest of the team going to be held accountable? I don't really care who you have in net, when you're scoring 1 goal a game most nights, to win we'd need a shut out frequently and that's unrealistic.

Edited by Jasper84

Weak goals or not, I still don't think it's fair blaming either goaltenders. We can't score. We can't defend. Do we have to expect either goalies to carry every single game? When is the rest of the team going to be held accountable?

I got news for you. When we played 7 and 8 seeds in the first round every year (back when we were good), those teams were carried by their goalies. That's how they even made the playoffs. Teams that are lower seeds don't score lots of goals. They have to rely on defending and goaltending. Mainly goaltending.

Where play...don't agree with the announcers saying both trying to go for the hit. Kunitz looked to try and jump around him, but I don't think Dats meant to hit him like he did (just based on reputation). if it was Abdelkater (sp?) I might think differently.

Weak goals or not, I still don't think it's fair blaming either goaltenders. We can't score. We can't defend. Do we have to expect either goalies to carry every single game? When is the rest of the team going to be held accountable?

This pretty much. It was a horrible game for Mrazek to be sure, but the only reason we're in the race is him. We don't do anything above average except take penalties and miss the net. When the #1 key for winning is your goalie standing on his head, well we're pretty much the Colorado Avalanche.

Weak goals or not, I still don't think it's fair blaming either goaltenders. We can't score. We can't defend. Do we have to expect either goalies to carry every single game? When is the rest of the team going to be held accountable? I don't really care who you have in net, when you're scoring 1 goal a game most nights, to win we'd need a shut out frequently and that's unrealistic.

Do you blame goaltending on two on one back doors and the such no. But 3 of the 4 goals you expect an NHL goalie to save. Those are the ones you blame them for.

Mrazek having a Nyquist tier second half of the season

If I were the new GM, the first thing I'd do is wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors.

This pretty much. It was a horrible game for Mrazek to be sure, but the only reason we're in the race is him. We don't do anything above average except take penalties and miss the net. When the #1 key for winning is your goalie standing on his head, well we're pretty much the Colorado Avalanche.

See my post on the prior page about 8 seeds entering the playoffs. Goaltending has to be the key to winning for such teams.

Edited by GMRwings1983

I got news for you. When we played 7 and 8 seeds in the first round every year (back when we were good), those teams were carried by their goalies. That's how they even made the playoffs. Teams that are lower seeds don't score lots of goals. They have to rely on defending and goaltending. Mainly goaltending.

That's awesome, and our goalies have done that all season. Jimmy had his slide, and Mrazek is having his. How about the rest of the team who's been invisible for the whole side, besides Larkin? That's ok right? Let's just blame the goaltenders for having some rough periods and having no other team mates to rely on. I don't care what other teams have done. This is the team I care about.

I also wonder if Babcock would've wrung more out of this team ... Guess it really doesn't matter as we'll never know.

I'm caring less and less about the streak and more and more about building this team back up to be competitive ... Been a tough season to be a Wings fan.

Do you blame goaltending on two on one back doors and the such no. But 3 of the 4 goals you expect an NHL goalie to save. Those are the ones you blame them for.

My point is, when the rest of the team has been garbage all year, it's been out goaltenders stepping up and playing a huge part in winning games. When our goaltenders are struggling, nobody else steps up. The entire team has been invisible all season, but people are so quick to jump on goaltending.

That's awesome, and our goalies have done that all season. Jimmy had his slide, and Mrazek is having his. How about the rest of the team who's been invisible for the whole side, besides Larkin? That's ok right? Let's just blame the goaltenders for having some rough periods and having no other team mates to rely on. I don't care what other teams have done. This is the team I care about.

We don't have the talent to score lots of goals and be a higher seed. So yes, the goalies have to be better. If Mrazek wants to play for a better team, he's more than welcome to ask for a trade. I won't lose any sleep based on the mental weakness he's showed.

I'd keep watching but the wings don't make come backs. Hard to see the season go to the pens they aren't very good which means the wings have issues.

If I were the new GM, the first thing I'd do is wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors.

See my post on the prior page about 8 seeds entering the playoffs. Goaltending has to be the key to winning for such teams.

Sure, it has too. But it hasn't been for us, and we're not going to make it. To say when we miss that it's all Mrazek though, would be wrong. This team can't score, can't defend, special teams are a joke, and has a coach that can't make in game adjustments. We have a minus 12 goal differential as a team, those kind of teams don't deserve to get in. I'm not defending Mrazek today though, bad bad game. Just, we have a lot of bad, bad things on this team.

I also wonder if Babcock would've wrung more out of this team ... Guess it really doesn't matter as we'll never know.

I'm caring less and less about the streak and more and more about building this team back up to be competitive ... Been a tough season to be a Wings fan.

Exactly...F*** the streak. I want this team to be shaken up in the off season so that we can finally go back to being a Cup contender