• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

3/26 GDT : Pittsburgh Penguins at Detroit Red Wings, 2:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

Usually it's only a couple minutes between last player talking and Jeff Blashill. Going on 20 minutes today.

Hmm what is she referring to exactly? 20 minutes of Blashill lecturing them?

Nvm that's exactly what it is.

Well you would think this is something that should have happened weeks ago.

Let me rant for a second.

These damn players thought that losing a tough coach like Babs and gaining one like Blashill who is so sweet and happy and pats their butts after every game would be a nice little vacation.

Now I realize that thisf****** team needed a hard guy like Babcock to set them straight and quite frankly Blashill needs to get over the nice guy attitude and treat them like they should be. They looked like a peewee team out there.

Rip a new one Blash.

End of rant.

Edited by kickazz

This team has no character.

Lucic/Backes is kind of player that this team needs. 20 years ago, we had one of the best NHL team and still couldn't win over Avs. Having smart guys managing that team, they've made a trade which changed face of Detroit and gave us 3 cups : Shanny trade.

Kenny has no balls to make a trade... He's the problem here

Losing is one thing, losing badly at home when the playoffs are on the line is another. Pittsburg is good, but not THAT great of a team. The Wings were absolutely disgraceful today. This one really hurt. :confused:

Sure. Never said that the changes produced more goals. One doesn't exclude the other.

Two examples that stood out to me this season : Our defenseman are allowed to pinch more often. And our center often goes deeper into the zone instead of securing high against breakouts.

Smith. By a mile.

I think most people would even argue against Smith being THAT much better.

The point was almost every player on our team is having a worse year than last.

Nyquist

Tatar

Sheehan

Glending

Kronner

Ericsson

DK (only because he was so good last year)

Z

Dats (probably because of the surgery and age)

Helm

Abby

You would think in a system where Blashill makes a commitment to each player to help them have their best personal season that SOMEONE would standout. However, this was a strong argument FOR keeping Babs since he seemed to get the most out of everybody. The point being, maybe the Ceiling for all our guys has already been reached. I honestly don't know but I'm sure it's a bit of a combination of mediocre players and a bit of a setback in coaching.

As bad as todays game was I think Blashill is the right coach for this team. He openend the Wings up for a more attractive, offensive style. It might fall flat this year but I take Blashills approach over Babcocks defensive first style any time.

And by the way : It's not over yet. We still have all the chances to make the playoffs.

His system opened the team up for a more porous defense while decreasing scoring. How is that in any way positive? "Exciting losses" are better than "boring" wins?

Listening to Kronwall and Blashill repsonses after the game, then listening to Zetterbergs was kind of disappointing. Z just seemed to brush this game aside. Props to the media for asking some very tough questions that needed to be asked. Kronwall and Blash both talked about the lack of communication on the ice and it being a huge problem. Blash also hinted at some players being inserted into the lineup, hopefully Jurco and Pulks in for Nyquist and Tatar.

Guarantee it's AA and Mantha sitting for Jurco and Pulk. God forbid Blashill plays players that are actually scoring and contributing. Nyquist has no business on the ice right now. He needs to sit and get his mind right. But hey, he has his money no matter what. Ericsson needs a few nights off as well...

Sure. Never said that the changes produced more goals. One doesn't exclude the other.

Two examples that stood out to me this season : Our defenseman are allowed to pinch more often. And our center often goes deeper into the zone instead of securing high against breakouts.

Smith. By a mile.

True but the problem with that is you have to have smart d men who know when to pinch and we don't have one. Not a single one. I liked the Green signing because he was medium risk high reward but he's turned out to be high risk with 0 reward. Really the last 20 games or so have been goaltending, Mrazek was being talked about for the Vezina in some circles and now he can't stay in a game without getting pulled. Bad goaltending has completely exposed our average d.

Bad goaltending has completely exposed our average d.

Basically this.

----

Anyways remember when Babcock scratched Mike Modono aka one of the best if not the best American born hockey fall of famer.

Blash should at least have the balls to scratch Nyquist or Ericsson.

Edited by kickazz

Listening to Kronwall and Blashill repsonses after the game, then listening to Zetterbergs was kind of disappointing. Z just seemed to brush this game aside. Props to the media for asking some very tough questions that needed to be asked. Kronwall and Blash both talked about the lack of communication on the ice and it being a huge problem. Blash also hinted at some players being inserted into the lineup, hopefully Jurco and Pulks in for Nyquist and Tatar.

Z seems to have too much of a "need to move on from this" attitide. Helene was right to ask "well you don't have many games left".

Edited by kickazz

Z seems to have too much of a "need to move on from this" attitide. Helene was right to ask "well you don't have many games left".

Captain caresalot. He sounds like he just wants a burger and beer and for us to get the f*** outta here.

After yesterday's performance this team doesn't deserve a day off today - holiday or not. The only ones who should be given the day off are the ones with kids. Other than that the rest if the boys should be practicing.

Tomorrow I'd scratch just Nyquist and Ericsson. Nyquist has done nothing and blash has let him get away with it. Time to be harder on him. Ericsson is just god awful. Bring up Tyler bertuzzi and oulette to play in their place.

Z-pav-mantha (I really like mantha size with pav)

Larkin-AA-bertuzzi (this line would be sick)

Abby-sheahan-tatar (abby adds grit)

Glendening-helm-Richards

Kronner-oulette

Smith-green

Dekeyser - quincy

Mrazek in net.

After yesterday's performance this team doesn't deserve a day off today - holiday or not. The only ones who should be given the day off are the ones with kids. Other than that the rest if the boys should be practicing.

Tomorrow I'd scratch just Nyquist and Ericsson. Nyquist has done nothing and blash has let him get away with it. Time to be harder on him. Ericsson is just god awful. Bring up Tyler bertuzzi and oulette to play in their place.

Z-pav-mantha (I really like mantha size with pav)

Larkin-AA-bertuzzi (this line would be sick)

Abby-sheahan-tatar (abby adds grit)

Glendening-helm-Richards

Kronner-oulette

Smith-green

Dekeyser - quincy

Mrazek in net.

Honestly why not!