• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Tony Granato next Wisconsin Head Coach

Rate this topic

John Buccigross @Buccigross 42m42 minutes ago

Multiple sources tell me Tony Granato will be the next Head Hockey Coach at Wisconsin. Brother Donny will likely join him on staff.

John Buccigross @Buccigross 40m40 minutes ago

I'm told the Wisconsin announcement will come this week. #CawlidgeHawkey

We've been abysmal all around...especially the PP and PK, but even the 5-on-5 is horrifying to watch. We need something different on O and D, these two just can't get it done. Congrats Tony, good luck! Those kids are going to need it!

Yeah but at least last year we could have relied on special teams for the extra boost. (not that PK was good last year either)

Wonder what Paul Maclean will be doing next year and if we can bring him back to replace Granato

Edited by kickazz

I think Blashill is a good strategist. Give him the tools (players) and the staff (better assistants) and I think we will be improved next year.

Blashill can only work with the pieces he has. It's the job of a GM to give the coach good pieces.

I feel bad for him rookie coach who was tasked to coach a team into the playoffs , that's been a shadow of its former self for some time now. Even Babs barely got them in.

But one thing is obvious Blashill needs to rip his players a new one and get better assistants next year.

Blashill can only work with the pieces he has. It's the job of a GM to give the coach good pieces.

I feel bad for him rookie coach who was tasked to coach a team into the playoffs , that's been a shadow of its former self for some time now. Even Babs barely got them in.

But one thing is obvious Blashill needs to rip his players a new one and get better assistants next year.

Nicely written, I agree. Thing is, we are in a worse position that we were yesterday after the 2-7 loss since now we probably are missing coaches. As in they are not there during training, today. With less than 10 games left of this season.

Another thing is, I reckon after the last loss there must have been lots of discussion that helped with Granato leaving. I have not a shred of evidence of this but it is logical to assume that it's the case.

To sum it up, I would guess the the team is a wreck right now, the players psyche aswell as the abscence of coaches. Drop those 40% playoff chances down to about 5%.

Nicely written, I agree. Thing is, we are in a worse position that we were yesterday after the 2-7 loss since now we probably are missing coaches. As in they are not there during training, today. With less than 10 games left of this season.

Another thing is, I reckon after the last loss there must have been lots of discussion that helped with Granato leaving. I have not a shred of evidence of this but it is logical to assume that it's the case.

To sum it up, I would guess the the team is a wreck right now, the players psyche aswell as the abscence of coaches. Drop those 40% playoff chances down to about 5%.

Granato is leaving now rather than finishing the season? Where does it say that?

Granato is leaving now rather than finishing the season? Where does it say that?

It doesn't. We don't know when he leaves. I did pick up ramblings that the coaching staff had heavy discussions and at the same time Granato is announced as Wisconsin head coach. But nothing is confirmed. Guess we're just gonna have to wait until more information reaches us.

What's to stop Chris Chelios from replacing him?

Pretty sure it was Chelios' personal decision not to be a full-time assistant coach.

Could be wrong, but I'm almost certain he was offered a full time position and claimed he didn't want that commitment yet. I'm sure he will soon.

I don't want Chris Chelios coaching our defense and PK.

Can we get a real coach that understands current day hockey?

Chelios' current job is perfect. Occasional on-ice work with players and watch from the press box. Leave it the way it is and bring in someone who can be a difference maker on that staff.

Edited by kickazz

Say what you will about Carlyle but I think he knows how to run the defense

If Granato is leaving the team right now, something must be wrong behind the scenes. And as far as I know he isn't responsible for the defense that's Ferschweiler

No he isn't responsible for the defense. Granato is.

http://redwings.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=99110

I was being facetious. Both special team units have been horrendous... and it's not just the stats or rankings, the entire setup for both is just awful. Penalty killers are way too passive and the setup they use for the 5on3 with two high and one low is the dumbest thing ever... The power play entries with the multiple drop passes with everyone standing still at the blueline doesn't work, the formation is terrible, and their player usage is questionable at best...