• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

3/29 GDT - Red Wings at Canadiens - 7:30 PM EST

Rate this topic

*shows the haters the door*

Bye haters. Have fun on the Caps bandwagon!

haters lol... won't even watch the playoffs hockey is soft as shiet now and are we wrong to completely tear apart these soft, weak willed, swiss cheese d, mute coach having nancy boys?

One was on a PK , the other was on bad defensive coverage.

Nonetheless it wasnt 2 goals on 4 shots to start the the game... in a must win game...

Yeah Mrazek sucked..i watched the two goals. Can't tell me Howard hasn't had more than one game like that. I don't care who plays, but neither have been stellar. It's frustrating, especially with the talent they both have.

He was probably worried about the sky falling,

Because thats what happened toniht, u no?

Dude i'm not usually a panic button pusher but with 5 games left we are on the outside looking in and on the wrong side of the games played ledger, if the sky isn't falling it's pretty close.

Yuck. Showed some heart in the second when I thought the game was already over and then junk again in the third. What a pisser. Figure it out please. Really frustrating one especially after the Bruins lost.

Season's gonna come down to the back to back next week with Flyers and Bruins. 3 points from the back to back this weekend would be preferable. I will officially lose all hope if they lose to the Leafs.

Let's go Wings

Dude i'm not usually a panic button pusher but with 5 games left we are on the outside looking in and on the wrong side of the games played ledger, if the sky isn't falling it's pretty close.

I blame alot of bad stuff in my life on negativity.

Atlas caught the world a second before it hit the ground, ya know.

But he never had a group like this complaining/half rooting we'd miss the playoffs

If I were the hockey gods I'd be confused as what to do to,

If they existed.

I don't know,

I'm kinda with you,

I just think this site is bi polar as hell,

Jesus Christ I understand being frustrated but it's like some of you have never been a fan of a losing team. I know some of y'all are young but *damn*.

"I hate this team"

"I'm not watching the playoffs if we make it"

O...k? Don't? Like rage quitting isn't going to change the sitch, guys. If you don't want to watch, then don't watch. The bottom always falls out eventually, even if it takes 20-some odd years for it to happen. That's life as a sports fan. If you don't want to root for a losing team or a team in transition, then don't. But not everyone has one leg over the side of the bandwagon. Some of us remember what it was *really* like to suck, and I don't think we're anywhere close to that.

Jesus Christ I understand being frustrated but it's like some of you have never been a fan of a losing team. I know some of y'all are young but *damn*.

"I hate this team"

"I'm not watching the playoffs if we make it"

O...k? Don't? Like rage quitting isn't going to change the sitch, guys. If you don't want to watch, then don't watch. The bottom always falls out eventually, even if it takes 20-some odd years for it to happen. That's life as a sports fan. If you don't want to root for a losing team or a team in transition, then don't. But not everyone has one leg over the side of the bandwagon. Some of us remember what it was *really* like to suck, and I don't think we're anywhere close to that.

Life long lions fan so please stop. If the team had zero talent i could accept it but i won't accept not showing up against teams that are playing for nothing but a better draft pick which should make it even easier. 50 percent of contracts should be performance based, these scrubs are stealing money.

Edited by Yak19

jesus our D is absolutely pathetic. DK looks lost at the mo, kronwalls legs have gone, Ericsson can't clear the zone and his passing has gone through the floor, Quincey's puck movement and coverage are erratic as hell, green gets manhandled in his own end and smith, for all his improvement, always has a mistake in him. Marchenko is a rookie who has some promise but is still quite Raw in some ways. Has enough about him that #5 could have made him look good, but when he should be the one babysat, he's trying to babysit senior pros.

Up front, our zone control is generally awful unless #13 is on the Ice as he's the only one with both the skill to buy himself space, the poise to take whatever time he can, and a good enough Wrister to keep the opposition guessing. And Abby and helm are the only ones beyond the twins who are really gritty in their attempts

but at least we have a few forwards that could be asignifivsmt part of a future core.

Tonight was a reminder of how poor our d is

howard got his job back IMO

Z tatar and nyquist need to step up. i know they have some goals and assist recently but their overall play is sheit

kronwall can sit

add errorson and blashill to that sit list

What a poor performance from blashill and the coaching staff all the way down. It is an absolute joke that smith is sitting instead of Ericsson. Ericsson is the worst player on our team consistently and was a big factor in our loss tonight. Goes to show you how stupid our coaches are. In addition why is AA remaining on the 4th line?

Zetterberg has to be better. He lost several key face offs in the 3rd period which cost us our lead. He gave tons of pucks away. The whole line with larkin and abby isn't clicking maybe try different lines. Again... coaching.

Our biggest problem to go along with coaching is our team defense. It is horrendous and falls apart way too easily. Ericsson standing in front of our goalie every 2 seconds, marchenko losing key battles, quincy not taking his man and so on.

We better show up for both games this weekend I fully expect 4 of 4 points. The only good things about this game was the power play and pavel datsyuk looked amazing.

I posted this in some other game thread, and I'll try to find it again if anyone's interested, but Winging it in Motown had a nice piece on why Blashill's system hasn't worked, and it basically boils down to we don't have a D corps capable of playing the system Blashill has in place.

Babcock knew what he had to work with(a mediocre defense), and kept a more conservative style of play as a result, which was boring, but led to less high-quality scoring chances against. Blashill's system is more aggressive offensively and allows the D to pinch more often, but it leaves us vulnerable to more quality chances against. Why Blashill hasn't adjusted to this not working by now is beyond me, and also our terrible PP

any-hoo, still hoping we can somehow eek into the big dance, but I also won't lose too much sleep if we don't