• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

3/29 GDT - Red Wings at Canadiens - 7:30 PM EST

Rate this topic

SMFH

Then STOP WATCHING.

I couldn't function in my life with the level of negativity of some of y'all. This place has become nothing but a gigantic wankfest lately. I understand being critical of the team. I understand being disappointed. I understand being frustrated. I understand talking about what they can do to make the team better. But the freaking histrionics are *exhausting*.

No one should be suprized we arent going to make it. Year after year GM does nothing to make the team better, we lost key players and replaced them with mediocre ones. Teams been on a downward slope for a while now. We need a mix up this summer.

I was on the why is AA on the forth line wagon too until i watched his play. he doesnt want to play defense. theres no hustle in the defensive zone. he cant really do much offensively unless hes on a breakaway

5 games left make them count,

Sorry if we don't share the same opinion...

You seem to think that I'm directing this at you. Like everyone here, I'm sharing *my* general opinion on the situation, which should be just as valid as the people committing e suicide over a hockey team.

I posted this in some other game thread, and I'll try to find it again if anyone's interested, but Winging it in Motown had a nice piece on why Blashill's system hasn't worked, and it basically boils down to we don't have a D corps capable of playing the system Blashill has in place.

Babcock knew what he had to work with(a mediocre defense), and kept a more conservative style of play as a result, which was boring, but led to less high-quality scoring chances against. Blashill's system is more aggressive offensively and allows the D to pinch more often, but it leaves us vulnerable to more quality chances against. Why Blashill hasn't adjusted to this not working by now is beyond me, and also our terrible PP

any-hoo, still hoping we can somehow eek into the big dance, but I also won't lose too much sleep if we don't

I get what your saying, but from my vantage point I'm seeing the problem being more in terms of in zone defense that is killing this team as opposed to bad pinches that lead to odd man rushes. So I don't really agree with the fact that Blashills system being a more aggressive one as the problem. It's about in zone coverage and quite frankly it's pathetic

So f'ing pissed I wanna smash everything in sight. Can't stand these goalies and defense. The goalies one worse than the other cant stop a beach ball.

Mrazek won't start another game unless Howard chokes.

We stand a much better chance playing with empty net 6 guys. Howard reeks as bad as mrazek does. 3 goals each a minimum every game.

I get what your saying, but from my vantage point I'm seeing the problem being more in terms of in zone defense that is killing this team as opposed to bad pinches that lead to odd man rushes. So I don't really agree with the fact that Blashills system being a more aggressive one as the problem. It's about in zone coverage and quite frankly it's pathetic

That's certainly also a valid point, the article may have touched on that as well

found the link: http://www.wingingitinmotown.com/2016/3/9/11181526/why-mike-babcock-was-the-perfect-coach-for-these-red-wings

Wow glad I 've decided to not watch the third period and start my day on a slower pace. seems like I haven't missed much.

Losing against the dumpster fire that is Montreal even without their best defender and best player period is just lol. Hopefully this outcome also settled the goaltending for the rest of the season, it's Howard's net to lose.

people may not like to hear it but I honestly believe missing the playoffs would be the best thing for the future. There is no way Holland would get away with kicking the tires again, Mr. I or Chris it whoever is running the team now would demand changes and building towards a Stanley cup contender again. Does this mean missing the playoffs for a few years? Sure but so what I'd rather watch a young, entertaining team with a clear identity than a bunch of small soft players trying to hang on each and every year. If the Wings miss I'm sure Holland will mention parity at least 3 times in the first 30 seconds in his off season presser

The funny thing is Bruins fans would rather see a real rebuild instead of the playoffs too..lol fun times ahead. I don't think this team is going to win against the Wild, who are playing some desperate playoff hockey.

Edited by frankgrimes

Wow glad I 've decided to not watch the third period and start my day on a slower pace. seems like I haven't missed much.

Losing against the dumpster fire that is Montreal even without their best defender and best player period is just lol. Hopefully this outcome also settled the goaltending for the rest of the season, it's Howard's net to lose.

people may not like to hear it but I honestly believe missing the playoffs would be the best thing for the future. There is no way Holland would get away with kicking the tires again, Mr. I or Chris it whoever is running the team now would demand changes and building towards a Stanley cup contender again. Does this mean missing the playoffs for a few years? Sure but so what I'd rather watch a young, entertaining team with a clear identity than a bunch of small soft players trying to hang on each and every year. If the Wings miss I'm sure Holland will mention parity at least 3 times in the first 30 seconds in his off season presser

The funny thing is Bruins fans would rather see a real rebuild instead of the playoffs too..lol fun times ahead. I don't think this team is going to win against the Wild, who are playing some desperate playoff hockey.

Unless Chris Ilitch is the one who has handcuffed Holland in the first place.

Opportunity: *knock, knock*

Wings fans: You gonna get that?

Red Wings: Nah.

The Athanasiou radio interview they played during the game was bad. Basically, it sounds like the team is "calm" and don't really care about the streak. They also "forget" bad games. Maybe that works for vets but with fresh kids you have to instill that desperation, that desire. And learn from those bad games, don't just treat them like they're some fluke. If you're Z you should be getting pissed and getting them a little riled up. Calm and "no worries" works for the 2008 and 2009 Red Wings. Not for this younger iteration.

Hate to say it, but that might do it.

Agree with sentiment that we have to catch Boston to have a shot. Flyers are playing too well right now. Boston schedule comparable to DRW to close out. They have to play the Hawks, Blues. If the Wings go 3/5 with one of the wins being the Bruins, it could still happen.

"It could happen." - JP, Angels in the Outfield

Oh my ... left when it was 2-2, now looking at boxscore and we were ahead 3-2 ... lost 4-3. Just shut this mess down ... pretty pathetic to dangle fans for a good portion of the year and to collapse like this down the stretch.

Wings following Babcock's footsteps in taking an early summer break.

Edited by RedWingsRox

Next 2 games could see us 3 points ahead of the Bruins with 3 games each left including the game v the Bruins which will be the winner takes all game. Bruins have the Blues and Hawks away as their next 2 we have Wild home and Leafs away both winnable games. I'd like us to get into the post season as I think that moves will be made to the roster no matter what in the off season.

Edited by Andy Pred 48

Who really cares? Honestly.

Why do any of us hope to make the playoffs? This team is a pile of dog s*** that needs to get so much better in so many areas; forget this streak - high draft picks are the only path to success in Detroit. Have any of you watched Boston, Philly or the Islanders lately? These "fringe" teams are actually showing urgency and dominating most games they play, last night Boston outshot the Devils 40-15 on the road and somehow lost 2-1. Did you watch the PHI and WPG game before that? The 1st period of that game PHI should have been up by 3... These are what playoff teams looks like. Meanwhile in Detroit, we somehow avoided a 3 goal collapse against the f****** Sabres, but don't worry because we followed it up with a loss to an even worse team (without Subban and Price) in MTL.

If we limp into the playoffs like a bunch of wounded ducks, are we even going to score a goal against Washington? Actually that's impossible, because we're so bad that we can't even catch the Flyers for the 2nd wild card spot now. If we somehow catch Boston, which would require beating them in Boston on the second game of a back to back next week (LOL) - Do you guys even want to, or care about watching us lose in 5 to Tampa Bay?

Datsyuk is gone next year, Zetterberg and Kronwall are not who they were - and Stamkos isn't coming here. I would much rather lose the next 5 games and pray for a good bounce on lottery night, than crawl into the playoffs and pray for a miracle against a team much better than we are.