• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

3/29 GDT - Red Wings at Canadiens - 7:30 PM EST

Rate this topic

This group is the sh*ttiest Wings team in a LONG time.

Agreed, and its tough to watch. It's hard to believe while watching this team that they are so bad...For whatever reason Ive been waiting all season for them to magically click, now that it appears that is not going to happen and Blashill at the 77 game mark STILL looks like he hasn't a f*cking clue

Another sad statistic is that although we are in 9th place in the standings, we rank 2nd in 1 goal wins, and 18th in goal differential.

I'm sad because we could easily be entering the lottery among the bottom 10 teams, and have a better shot at a top 5 pick.

Instead I have to painfully watch this garbage for another 5 games knowing there is a chance we make the playoffs, lose immediately, and pick 15th.

For those of you that don't get to watch all the games, or happen to miss a game, have a look at the post count on the GDT before checking the box scores. You can always tell if it's a win or loss just by the number of posts... A win might get 10 pages, a loss is always over 20. The real fans always seem to come out of the woodwork every time we lose...

WingedWheel - "high draft picks are the only path to success in Detroit"... Really? Seriously?...

Boston outshot New Jersey 40-15 and still lost by a goal? So what? We outshot Montreal 42-27 and lost by a goal as well. We also dominated face-offs and special teams... still lost. It's disappointing as hell, and this team has been frustrating to watch for sure, but yes, I still want them to make the playoffs, and so do most of the regulars here... Despite our struggles, I'd still bet on us getting in. It will likely come down to the game against Boston, and I think we got a pretty good shot at winning that game, as good as Boston for sure, who believe it or not, have been much worse than us lately...

I also believe we have a shot against any team in the East in a 7 game series. We would be in tough against Washington for sure, but I think if we get in we'll probably end up playing Tampa or Florida, who we could definitely beat...

So yes, I would much rather make the playoffs and have a shot at going on a run, than miss and pick a couple spots higher in the draft...

WingedWheel - "high draft picks are the only path to success in Detroit"... Really? Seriously?...

Boston outshot New Jersey 40-15 and still lost by a goal? So what? We outshot Montreal 42-27 and lost by a goal as well. We also dominated face-offs and special teams... still lost. It's disappointing as hell, and this team has been frustrating to watch for sure, but yes, I still want them to make the playoffs, and so do most of the regulars here... Despite our struggles, I'd still bet on us getting in. It will likely come down to the game against Boston, and I think we got a pretty good shot at winning that game, as good as Boston for sure, who believe it or not, have been much worse than us lately...

I also believe we have a shot against any team in the East in a 7 game series. We would be in tough against Washington for sure, but I think if we get in we'll probably end up playing Tampa or Florida, who we could definitely beat...

So yes, I would much rather make the playoffs and have a shot at going on a run, than miss and pick a couple spots higher in the draft...

I love your optimism.

I don't love your sense of reality.

Did you watch the Boston game last night? Would you say NJ at home is better or worse than MTL without Subban and Price? Yes we outshot them, but how many of our shots were from the perimeter? How many quality 3rd period chances did we have compared to what we allowed? I can count at least 3 unbelievable saves Howard made to keep the game 4-3. Did you watch the 1st period? I also remember a glove save that Howard made that would have made the game 3-0.

The last 14 minutes of the Boston game the ice was completely tilted. NJ probably didn't touch the puck in the offensive zone during the last 6 minutes, and I hope there is someone on this board who also watched this game to verify what I'm saying. It was utter domination against a respectable team, yes sometimes a goalie steals you a game but what teams have we dominated lately? We just played Buffalo and Montreal, and we were fortunate to get 2 points.

I hope I'm wrong, but to say that we have a good chance to beat Boston next week on the road, on the second game of a back to back is something different than optimism. To say that we "have a shot against any team in the east in a 7 game series" makes me question how many games you've watched lately. Did you watch the Pittsburgh game? The Buffalo game? The Montreal game? What part of any of the games we've played the past week gives you any indication that this team is built and ready to compete in the Stanley Cup Playoffs? Were only missing Drew Miller for god sake. Pittsburgh didn't have Malkin, Maata, and still destroyed us... Do we even have a player on our team as good as Malkin or Maata? Montreal was missing Subban and Price and beat us... Do we even have a player on our team as good as Subban or Price?

Maybe its me, or maybe Petr Mrazek's unbelievable stretch from earlier this winter is the only reason the playoffs are even a (slim) possibility. What makes anyone think he can regain that form?

Yes, I watched every minute of every single game, and yes, like I said it has been frustrating at times.. but guess what? I still don't miss a game, and I'm still rooting for my team to succeed... It's just my opinion, but I believe a fan sticks with his/her team through thick and thin, and doesn't rant on a forum about how awful they are, and only show up to b**** and complain for losses.. By the way, this is not directed at you, the people that never show up when this team is doing well and only show up when we're on a losing streak, they know who they are, as does everyone else here...

I would absolutely say that New Jersey at home are worse than Montreal at home. The Bell Centre is arguably the toughest stadium in the entire league to play in... The team as a whole, I think Montreal are better on paper, and are just having an awful season without Price.

The parity in this league gives every single team that makes the playoffs a legit shot at winning any series, so yes, I do believe we can beat Tampa or Florida in a 7 game series. They're both a whopping 6 points ahead of us in the standings, even though we "suck" and are "the worst Red Wings team in 20+ years"... :rolleyes: We also have a 2-1-1 record against Florida and a 2-2-0 record against Tampa.. but ya know, it's playoffs and there's no way we have a chance against those two juggernauts....

I love your optimism.

I don't love your sense of reality.

Did you watch the Boston game last night? Would you say NJ at home is better or worse than MTL without Subban and Price? Yes we outshot them, but how many of our shots were from the perimeter? How many quality 3rd period chances did we have compared to what we allowed? I can count at least 3 unbelievable saves Howard made to keep the game 4-3. Did you watch the 1st period? I also remember a glove save that Howard made that would have made the game 3-0.

The last 14 minutes of the Boston game the ice was completely tilted. NJ probably didn't touch the puck in the offensive zone during the last 6 minutes, and I hope there is someone on this board who also watched this game to verify what I'm saying. It was utter domination against a respectable team, yes sometimes a goalie steals you a game but what teams have we dominated lately? We just played Buffalo and Montreal, and we were fortunate to get 2 points.

I hope I'm wrong, but to say that we have a good chance to beat Boston next week on the road, on the second game of a back to back is something different than optimism. To say that we "have a shot against any team in the east in a 7 game series" makes me question how many games you've watched lately. Did you watch the Pittsburgh game? The Buffalo game? The Montreal game? What part of any of the games we've played the past week gives you any indication that this team is built and ready to compete in the Stanley Cup Playoffs? Were only missing Drew Miller for god sake. Pittsburgh didn't have Malkin, Maata, and still destroyed us... Do we even have a player on our team as good as Malkin or Maata? Montreal was missing Subban and Price and beat us... Do we even have a player on our team as good as Subban or Price?

Maybe its me, or maybe Petr Mrazek's unbelievable stretch from earlier this winter is the only reason the playoffs are even a (slim) possibility. What makes anyone think he can regain that form?

Sense of reality check here:

Wings have played 3 games in 4 days - It's not surprise that they looked out of gas in the third. I know it's desperate times and everyone wants them to "show heart" and get it done, but you can't ignore that fact.

We just have to beat Boston here and they've been 3-6-1. I believe!

p.s. Price is probably best goalie in the league and amongst the leagues' MVPs - there's few players in the league as good as him.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

Fans show support in different ways...

I would rather miss the playoffs because I feel better about our chances of getting lucky in the draft lottery than I do about getting lucky in a 1st Round Playoff series given the way we have played lately. Like I said, the only reason we are where we are today is because of what Mrazek did earlier this year... If that 2 month stretch was anything less than what it was, we aren't even close to a playoff spot - and if we do make the playoffs, what chances do we have of winning if Mrazek doesn't get back to that level?

I can assure you we wont be winning any playoff games 6-5.

Hoping that we miss the playoffs to increase our chances of drafting an elite prospect is what a true fan would have to contemplate. I ask you, are Toronto Maple Leaf supporters not true fans today because they are mad about beating Florida last night and now sit in a 3 way tie for last place? A true fan wants what's best for the future of their team... Increasing your % chance of drafting 1st overall is exactly what I would be hoping for - and if I don't think we last more than 5 games against Tampa Bay or Washington, or Pittsburgh even in the 2nd round, I would rather miss out and have a shot at a franchise altering player.

Sense of reality check here:

Wings have played 3 games in 4 days - It's not surprise that they looked out of gas in the third. I know it's desperate times and everyone wants them to "show heart" and get it done, but you can't ignore that fact.

We just have to beat Boston here and they've been 3-6-1. I believe!

p.s. Price is probably best goalie in the league and amongst the leagues' MVPs - there's few players in the league as good as him.

Great - we barely managed 2 points out of 6, including a loss to a team which was missing "one of the best players in the league". Which supports my original point...

Sense of reality for you: We have 5 games left... 2 of them are Road games as the 2nd game of a back to back (In Toronto, In Boston) - The last one is also on the Road, against the New York Rangers which will be the 3rd game in another 4 day stretch.

Should I feel better now?

Edited by WingedWheel91

Sense of reality for you: We have 5 games left... 4 of them are part of a back to back - the last one comes against on the road against New York Rangers as the 3rd game in 4 days.

Should I feel better now?

I can make it slightly worse... the last game of the regular season vs Rangers is a Saturday (April 9) 11:30AM Central/12:30PM Eastern start, on the road.

It could only be worse if it was back to back... and NBC had the broadcast. :lol:

What could possibly go wrong?

Edited by puckloo39