• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

4/9 GDT : at Rangers 3, Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

A downgraded New York Rangers team we are facing tonight. No King in goal and key personnel are healthy scratches.

The Rangers rookies will put up a hell of an effort but it's about talent level and system familiarity in the end.

We should be a favorite and the big point is, I wouldn't be surprised if NYR has discussed and decided to fold - it is very clearly in their best interest.

Keep your pantyhose on and scarily enjoy tonights game.

Game odds edit:

Detroit a slight favorite for tonight's game. Obviously the oddsmakers know that the Rangers probably will fold. On the bet, you will get the number times your bet back if correct.

Detroit 1.83

NY Rangers 2.00

Edited by Jacksoni

Win and you are in or lose and go home quickly

Personally it's a win win game for me, either get a better draft pick or once again another first round exit against the caps

If the Wings win, they face TB in the first round, not the caps as they'd have the third spot in the Atlantic Division Edited by TheXym

The time has finally come, it's do or die, and I know that we can still make it in even with a loss, but how empty would that feel? Especially knowing that the Rags aren't even going to have their best lineup for the game. Knowing this, I'm hoping to see the Wings put in a full 60 minute effort and play like they want to be in the playoffs. Here's to a good game, and early morning anxiety!

Red Wings 4 (Zetterberg, Larkin, Tatar, Athanasiou)

Rangers 2

:siren: Let's Go Red Wings!!! :siren:

The table definitely seems set, but the boys still need to take care of their end of things and play a full 60. Here's hoping the goal scorers get out of their funk and light it up, the D plays smart, focused hockey, and Jimmy makes me cue up the Van Halen once again.

Let's Go Wings!

If we clinch this afternoon, it would be the 3rd consecutive year we do so on April 9th. The last two years happened to be shootout and overtime losses in which we only needed one point to lock up a playoff spot. Although, it is possible we get in with one point (Boston lose in OT or SO), or even none (Boston lose in regulation), let's get in with a big win today no matter how the Bruins do in their game... LGW!!!

Without him picking up for Mrazeks poor play the last month the Wings aren't in this position to clinch so why upset?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Because Howard = bad and Mrazek = good no matter what.

If the Wings win, they face TB in the first round, not the caps as they'd have the third spot in the Atlantic Division

Wouldn't it have to be a regulation or OT win to say that definitively? If Detroit wins in a shootout and Boston wins in ROW, Boston would get the Atlantic 3 seed...right?

Mrazek is young and did come in for Jimmy last game. Jimmy has had to come in for Mrazek quite often recently also.

Mrazek is still the goalie of the future for Detroit, but Jimmy is the right guy to start today based on recent performance, imo.

While true you keep forgetting he's young and had to come in for Jimmy the last game?

And Howard has come in for him atleast 4 times since the start of Feb. Mrazek is off his game right now. Everyone can see it. Him being young is why you don't play him in this game when he's been playing horrible. You give it to the vet who's been winning you games lately.

Wouldn't it have to be a regulation or OT win to say that definitively? If Detroit wins in a shootout and Boston wins in ROW, Boston would get the Atlantic 3 seed...right?

Correct. A Wings win in the shootout and a Boston win in regulation gives Boston 3rd based on ROW being tied and Boston winning the season series. Then Detroit would have to see how Philly gets no more than 1 pt of 4 this weekend to stay in. Only way Detroit clinches is with a regulation or OT win and it's either TB or the Caps as opponents.

Wings have a tendency to play down to teams they "should" be able to beat, i.e. a de-staffed, resting, already-clinched Rangers team. I take nothing for granted here, and hope with all my heart, they show up and start on time. In the past, a terrible outing last game = a better game next time but that is no longer the case with this team. They know what they have to do. Waiting by the computer, to see if they can.

LGRW!!

Well this has been a season of ups and downs for sure, but if we win THIS game in regulation against a bunch of the Rangers second stringers, none of the downs will matter anymore. That's the nice thing about the playoffs, nothing that happened up to that point matters anymore, if you make it. Its a fresh start. A clean slate. Here's hoping for a clean slates and 25th straight playoff appearance. :nhl2: