• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

25 YEARS BABY!

Rate this topic

Didnt the LA kings back in the first cup they won recently? I cant remember. But, other teams in recent years backed in and did alot of damage!

Yes, but they were also leading their division before they lost three of their last four. They had, overall, a strong regular season that year.

so is it confirmed howard will start or do we give mrazek another go

Would have been great to beat Boston earlier this week, so that Mrazek could have a chance today to get some confidence back. I don't see how you can risk starting him without knowing what he'll do.

---

On a side note, does somebody usually start a playoff predictions type thread? Would love to get some discussion going on who we think will win. Maybe a little score prediction contest?

I'm happy about 25 years, but we didn't deserve it after these last few...I guess the hockey gods were on our side.

At the end of the day, the playoffs are based on a record though 82 games. In 82 games, we won enough to earn a playoff spot.

Am I happy about the last two games...no. But, the season is not a 3 game season.

I just hope the Wings that come out in the playoffs are the same team I watched shutout Philly earlier in the week.

I'm happy we're in and I'm obviously hoping for the best, but this doesn't feel like other years. I have a hard time saying honestly that I think this team belongs in the playoffs. Mrazek carried them for several months to a better record than they deserved as a whole, and when he slipped, the cracks became all the more clear. We'll see how it goes, but I hope they come out hard as a team and prove they belong there, because right now, they simply are lucky.

So 29 straight appearances is the record in North American sports?

i see him leading in postseason

Will be awesome to see the how the youngster respond to playoff hockey... Can't be any worse than Gus and Tatar against Boston

AA to me seems to be the type of big moment player. You see he has extra energy when the wings need a boost. You know he'll be flying for his 3 shifts a game

25 years !

Don't care we lost to get in , Boston could of got in after losing like 9 of 11 games so just f*** it were in and it's a new season

We owe Tampa bay some payback! Believe in the wings this series

Blashill needs to play the kids more for us to do some damage, let's hope he wakes up

I guess if you think about it the Red Wings did what they had to do to just make it yes we lost the last two games but honestly it's not our fault that Boston s*** the bed today. We are lucky that Boston lost but I guess in the grand scheme of things they should have gotten one more Point than we did the last 82 games. I still think we're a pretty bad team but you never know what'll happen. And for all the grief I have given him Darren Helm was clutch down the stretch. As was Jimmy Howard. I still believe there are a few players we could do without and next year but this group did a good enough job when they had to and Boston didn't. Maybe they sneak in a Philly loses out. We may not win the Cup this year but for the way the team played all year long just extending the playoff streak is like us winning something. It was absolutely one of the worst seasons in a long long time but we made it and all that does not matter now. Let's see what happens. Let's go Red Wings!