• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

vladdy16

Post Epic Meltdown - er, Post Game Discussion

Rate this topic

Now that we made the playoffs can we just concede to a 4-0 sweep without playing the games. It will give TB time to rest and will let us focus on the future. Win-win for all parties involved.

The sad thing is they can win this series, if they play the right players. I found it comical the whole they need experience first line. What did Z and Pav get in the playoffs when they were rookies? O that's right minutes over an aging roster. Follow the script dopes

The sad thing is they can win this series, if they play the right players. I found it comical the whole they need experience first line. What did Z and Pav get in the playoffs when they were rookies? O that's right minutes over an aging roster. Follow the script dopes

The issue is Blash seems to lack the guts to stir the pot.

On paper, compared to the first round last year, we have a better roster and the bolts will be much worse. Let's see how it all plays out.

I hear lots of folks say that Wings fans are bipolar. There is a good reason they would seem that way:

RED WINGS CHANCES TO MAKE PLAYOFFS THROUGHOUT THE SEASON

post-22702-0-61435600-1460232283_thumb.jpg

Edited by Y19

Hopefully management will realize that we ain´t going nowhere with the old vets and starts pumping in the newbies sprinkled excessively here and there. It will be interesting to see for sure.

On the other side I do think management have a point, many of the call-ups seem decent at best in back checking, while the coaches want much more which requires much more energy on the ice.

Those are good lines. Zetterberg needs Datsyuk to carry him. Abby would hopefully rub off on Sheahan and make him play tougher. However, the third line would be weak defensively and few coaches would be willing to have such a one sided line.

Nyquist is useless as a 4th liner, but he's been so poor recently that he doesn't deserve more minutes. I'd put Glendenning on that line with AA and Mantha. Nyquist I'd play on the 4th line.

That's a good point, but no matter how you slice the lines, we have too many weaknesses in one form or another.

Play to our strength and that's playing fast! These lines do that

Did I hear Ozzie say on the post game that if the Islanders win-out that they could slip in to the Wing's spot? Does that mean we might not play Tampa?

Totally false different division

He definitely does, seems like he didn't have the balls to take this team over this year and when he did he didn't want to break that Babcock mold, instead of sticking to babs trap he tries to make our weakness a strength(terrible d join the rush, pinch) instead of focusing on what clearly earned us wins last year(speed, skill) the fact that Pav is playing with Helm and Richards... Not even Babs would've stuck with that for too long and if Babcock had Larkin on this team he would be in the damn middle of the ice where he belongs Zs legs are gone and we keep riding him pretty soon he won't be able to play. And the fact that we had a terrible ******* pp for the majority of the year is insane when I look at this roster.

Hopefully management will realize that we ain´t going nowhere with the old vets and starts pumping in the newbies sprinkled excessively here and there. It will be interesting to see for sure.

On the other side I do think management have a point, many of the call-ups seem decent at best in back checking, while the coaches want much more which requires much more energy on the ice.

Someone argued with me saying Z is their best player because he leads the team in points. HES 97TH ON THE LEAGUE!!!! It's not like he's even in the top 50. Mantha has to play and AA has to play more.

While the extension of the streak is admirable alone- I agree with most..you find a way in the 1st round and then the rest is a crap shoot. And we have a punchers chance. Blash can really make or break his detractors here. All starts with finding a way to steal one in Tampa. Wow this is a 180 of what we thought. Jimmy going in and desperate pleas for AA and Mantha to see more minutes!?! Goes to show. Having been along for the ride for all 25- I'd say...just let it play out. We COULD do some things in this postseason.

Look at your left wing.

Larks

Tatar

Mantha

Helm

Except possibly for Helm they are all suspect defensively. Any coach in the playoffs would overload that side. Over 4 games you are cooked.

Then throw one of Abby or Nyquist on the left wing. Larkin is not bad defensively. I really don't think any of our forwards are especially bad defensively. It's just on the wings everyone expects players to play defense like pav does abd like Z used to

Totally false different division

You're right, I think the whole misinterpretation was that wether it is NYI or NYR whom play Fla and if they beat them, then they would face the winner of the TBL-DRW series. And they would play like a team in our division, and in a long shot the conference finals could be between Metro division rivals.

i have to say im not happy with anyone performance this season except for larkin a little bit

everyone else under performed and i dont think thats because they got older. blash using a lot of players wrongly

i have to say im not happy with anyone performance this season except for larkin a little bit

everyone else under performed and i dont think thats because they got older. blash using a lot of players wrongly

I agree and it could all change with the way he does things in the playoffs. Play these lines.....

Larkin-Pavel-Z

Abby-Sheahan-Tatar

Mantha-AA-Nyquist

Helm-Glenny-Richards

I'd say on average each team takes 3 penalties so that takes 12 minutes away from the game which goes to pp and pk guys which I have no problems with who's used on those units. That leaves 48 minutes so I would do this

Pavel line -14 minutes

Sheahan line-12 minutes

AA line- 10 minutes

Glenny- 12 minutes

I would normally have glenny less but he does matchup well vs Johnson

I really think Ab needs too be OFF the first line until he earns it again. To whom much was given, expectations are not being met. I feel like Helm has been great would love to see him get moved up even 2nd line C duty. However, the Helm-Glen-Sheahan line is probably the best 4th we can play.

Also more AA!