• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

jdwheelz

Free Press: Pavel Datsyuk to return to Russia following Playoffs

Rate this topic

Such a touching and well written article thank you for posting this. Atta boy Pasha is not only gifted with magiclike talent the guy is also one tough SOB, fighting through this injury and then still coming back and still being the best player on the team, hats of Pasha, hats of.

In my mind the guy has done more than enough for this franchise and I would love to see him play one more year but guess what? I would love it even more if he doesn't have to use his phone in order to get in touch with his wife and doughter. Honestly after reading all of this I'm very happy for him and it's even further proof that the guy should have been the captain.

Hopefully the fans are giving him a minute long standing ovation whenever the last game in the post season will be. Thanks for everything Pasha, will be such a sad day seeing you lace em up one last time.

Edited by frankgrimes

In that article, it says that the Red Wings told him they will not trade his contract to relieve the cap. Holland, in his obsessive loyalty will eat the $7.5M hit for the year and handicap his team for no reason but to stay loyal. f*** Holland, he needs to be fired!

http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comments/pavel-datsyuk-thinks-he-is-done-playing-in-the-nhl-after-this-season?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Best trade his contract to a cap floor team, or be handcuffed all next season. If Holland doesn't do this he is worse than this season have proven.

It said in the article that holland won't trade his contract

In that article, it says that the Red Wings told him they will not trade his contract to relieve the cap. Holland, in his obsessive loyalty will eat the $7.5M hit for the year and handicap his team for no reason but to stay loyal. f*** Holland, he needs to be fired!

That's not even staying loyal it's not like the guy is gonna play for that team or even be mentioned by that team. Holland is a damn fool

I agree that Holland should trade his contract if he decides to leave. What would tarnish his legacy more: costing the team 7.5m in dead cap space or "technically" being on another NHL team for one season while he plays in Russia?

Edited by Wings_Toledo

Also seeing reports from various reporters that they understand that Pav is leaning towards playing out his contract then returning to Russia so we'll have to wait and see.

Do you have a link?

I agree that Holland should trade his contract if he decides to leave. What would tarnish his legacy more: costing the team 7.5m in dead cap space or "technically" being on another NHL team for one season while he plays in Russia?

Exactly nobody would even care including him if he was technically on another team. He still played with the wings his whole career

Those "you signed that contract, fulfill it" people make me wonder...what do you think, that slavery is still allowed? If he wants to go, and for good reason, while leaving the money on the table, then let him go. Everyone of us in every regular job can do the same. There isn't even a substantial approach for criticism. Not even that stupid "over 35"-rule, because he would agree to have his contract traded to help the team. If Holland is insane enough not to trade it, the blame is on him, not Pavel.

If he goes back to Russia, and it appears so, it shouldn't change our appreciation for him one bit. Just read that article...

Also seeing reports from various reporters that they understand that Pav is leaning towards playing out his contract then returning to Russia so we'll have to wait and see.

Datsyuk himself said he's most likely leaving. According to an interview with Albom.

Holland not trading his contract even with Datsyuk's okay is stupid, though.

Datsyuk himself said he's most likely leaving. According to an interview with Albom.

Holland not trading his contract even with Datsyuk's okay is stupid, though.

Ya it's Hollands fault if he doesn't. Trade it to Arizona for pronger. They get a higher hit I believe but don't have to pay the dollars, we get relief but pay pronger

Then throw the best offer possible at stammer and yandle

Edited by Nyquistfan14

Are you guys sure this is Holland or rather the Illitches who want Datsyuk's contract to stay with the org? I mean it looks like both Mike and Marian were pretty involved in getting him to stay here another season last year.

If Holland doesn't trade this contract he should be fired immediately, unless he's under orders from Chris Ilitch not to because Chris doesn't want to spend the money. In that case Mike needs to take his son to the wood shed.

Done in the NHL after the playoffs:

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/15175374/detroit-red-wings-star-pavel-datsyuk-plans-retire-nhl-playoffs

I'm of the mind Pavel can do what he wants to at this point. He's given his all for the Red Wings and dazzled fans for years. I've never seen him take shifts of when we didn't find out later he played badly injured. I'm fine with Pavel leaving on his terms.

Edited by Jersey Wing

A source with the Red Wings confirmed with ESPN.com that this was a possibility the team anticipated but the Red Wings still hope to convince him to stay one more year after this season is concluded. The Red Wings are also open to a contract extension to keep him in Detroit beyond next season. If not, the Red Wings will explore all options to remove his contract from the books.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/15175374/detroit-red-wings-star-pavel-datsyuk-plans-retire-nhl-playoffs

So maybe they could convince him to finish out his contract. The idea of a contract extension sounds foolish as it would just prolong a dead money cap hit.

As far as holding Pavel to the terms of his contract being "slavery" nothing could be further from the truth. Pavel is an adult who signed the contract of his own free will knowing the terms and implications of the deal. If going back to Russia was so important to him, he should have signed a shorter deal. Instead, he signed a 3 year deal after age 35 knowing that if he left it would be a dead money cap hit. The Red Wings enabled Pavel to become a very wealthy man and he repays that by possibly hamstringing them by leaving a year early. Holland deserves some blame as well of course. Disappointing.

Craig Custance @CraigCustance 3m3 minutes ago

Just spoke w/Datsyuk's agent @danmilstein who confirmed report. Plan is for Datsyuk to meet w/Holland & Ilitch family after season. (con't)

Craig Custance @CraigCustance 1m1 minute ago

He said this is very personal for Datsyuk who will do anything to help the Red Wings in any way possible to help with the cap charge, etc.

Craig Custance @CraigCustance 54s54 seconds ago

He also said Datsyuk enters playoffs healthy and focused: "He wants to win... he owes it to the team & most importantly the fans."

Craig Custance @CraigCustance now

Lastly, he didn't want to speak for Datsyuk, but is keeping an open mind on how post-season meeting goes: "It's not over until it's over."

Should change the thread title. This is no longer a rumor.

Those "you signed that contract, fulfill it" people make me wonder...what do you think, that slavery is still allowed? ..

SLAVERY??? did you realy just call it that. It's a contract he signed willingly. Welcome to the 21st century... Contracts are a common thing even for us average folks you know. Edited by kickazz

One of the classiest guys ever to lace em up for the Wings. He doesn't owe this franchise a thing. Worked his ass off every night and never complained. I think if Pavel played in the late 80's/early 90's he may be up there with the all time point leaders. We will pay the Pavel tax for one year but he's obviously leaving for strong personal reasons. I think he's pretty banged up beyond what we know. One more run with the Magic Man, lets make it count.

So Elliotte Friedman, who was accused earlier in this thread of "lacking class" and engaging in "yellow journalism," turns out to have been accurate in his HNIC report a week ago. Not surprising -- he is one of the best hockey reporters in the business. Like Bob McKenzie, when he reports something, you can take it to the bank.