• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jersey Wing

ECQF : New York Rangers vs. Pittsburgh Penguins

Rate this topic

Official: NYR have recalled goaltender Magnus Hellberg

Damnnnn! Hopefully for Lundqvist it's only a precautionary measure and if he misses anymore time it's only one game. The Rags have no hope without him, and it's another season without a cup for him. I remember how pissed he was when they lost in the Conference Final last year. He'll be 35 before the playoffs start next season. Still one of the best goalies in the league, but time is catching up.

How could they possibly have this many off days? It's not like New York and Pittsburgh as far as say Nashville and Anaheim

I don't know, but it's helping both teams get their injured players back in the lineup. Murray and Fleury are both, supposedly, ready to go tomorrow. Malkin and Maata came back for the Pens and Lundqvist for NYR on Saturday.

Edited by xtrememachine1

Interesting stat after last night....Pittsburgh is the first team in NHL history to have 2 goalies get their first wins (debut games) in the playoffs, in the same series. Unfortunate series of events that allowed that to happen of course.

I don't know, Rangers seemed like they had a very good chance from game 2 and through half of game 3....Lundqvist (sp?) looked to be pretty solid and we all know what can happen if you have a strong goalie in the playoffs.

I'm not sure how original six teams impact ratings. Do most fans in the US (particular south) even identify with the original six? If Toronto and Montreal were still in it, would the US care?

I don't know, Rangers seemed like they had a very good chance from game 2 and through half of game 3....Lundqvist (sp?) looked to be pretty solid and we all know what can happen if you have a strong goalie in the playoffs.

I'm not sure how original six teams impact ratings. Do most fans in the US (particular south) even identify with the original six? If Toronto and Montreal were still in it, would the US care?

Of course other fanbases won't but I think it's fair to assume that the Wings, Hawks, Rangers would provide better ratings than teams like the Sharks, Islanders, Panthers, Preds, Blues? For me it's very simple as soon as the Wings are out, I'll watch just whatever series but there won't hardly be any must see games.

I predict that Crosby and Malkin don't play an awful lot during the 3rd. I do feel a bit for Lundquist as well, NYR fans probably all over him, but there's not many of those goals he had much of a chance on.

did I see Crosby Malkin and Kessel in the same pp?

So, what exactly is Lundqvist the "King" of?

Regular season success? I do feel bad for the guy though. Sure, he wasn't very good in this first round series, but in past years, it didn't matter how well he played, the team couldn't get it done in front of him. He'll be 35 by next season's playoffs, so the door is closing slowly for him to get his cup.

If the Penguins play like this all the way they are right up there with a very realistic chance of winning it all. That's a nasty power play, looks as smooth as any I have seen.