• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jersey Wing

ECQF : New York Rangers vs. Pittsburgh Penguins

Rate this topic

Unless Fleury AND Murray are out, it'll be the Pens taking this one. Honestly, I think Matt Murray is better than Fleury right now, but Fleury has experience which, at this point in the season, is really important. The Pens have been killing Lundqvist lately, so I don't know what the NYR will do to fix that problem. Unless the Rangers radically change up their strategy against the Pens or the Pens strategy doesn't translate well in the postseason, Pens will have this in 5.

I heard the Pens goalie got run pretty bad against Philly on Saturday. Was it Murray? I also heard a quote from their Coach that Fleury might be back this past weekend (but wasn't probable)...suggesting he's pretty close and perhaps likely to play.

If Fleury isn't ready to go, I think they have a problem (especially if Murray is hurt, but even if not due to his inexperience). It didn't matter down the stretch (they lost on Sat but they were sitting Crosby and Letang). Playoffs are different.

yeah, but to be fair there's not much he could have done on that one

Nope. I'm sure he's fine. Scary moment for a goalie. The cats eye cages protect well most of the time, but only takes one fluke stick getting in and your career could be over. The cages like Hasek wore protect better against that, but inhibit vision a bit more(obv not for Dom though).

Zatkoff looks good in net for the Pens in his first playoff game.

Watching the rest of this game now. Crazy, crazy call to give Rags a 5-3. High sticking penalty and then they call a penalty in front of the net that rarely gets called anyway, but to put a team down 5-3, combined with the fact that it should have been after play died since PIT had the puck. Rags score on 5-3 and then PIT gets SH goal to get the 2 goal lead back.

Weird series so far and only game 1....PIT starting their 3rd goalie and Lundqvist now out too

Without King Henrik there is no chance for the Rags

Truth. It's a shame too for the Rangers as they were carrying the play for most of the first period, then all of a sudden Lundqvist gets hurt and the puck ends up in their net right before the end of the period, total momentum shift. I didn't think the Rangers would win this with him in there, but without him, this will be over in 4.