• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

ECQF Game 1 GTD: Red Wings at Tampa Bay Lightning, 7:00 ET

Rate this topic

I think the Wings limping into the playoffs, or getting in back door, is over done. We had to play Philly, Boston, and NYRangers in 4 days. Every team that had to end the season like that, would have a tough time. Funny how the Wings don't get credit for beating Minnesota and Toronto in a back to back the weekend before, and dominated Philly in a must win. They had nothing left playing Boston and the Rangers. Those last 5 game of the schedule were brutal, but we went 3-2.

Blash possibly bringing the Euro twins back together for the game tonight.

https://www.nhl.com/news/pavel-datsyuk-henrik-zetterberg-same-line-red-wings-lightning/c-280284612?tid=280160806

What does that leave the rest of the lines looking like

I imagine:

71-13-40 (please?)

8-43-17

14-15-21

18-41-72

Edited by jfranzen

Here we are!! TONS of noise about the magic man so hopefully it sparks him to old heights, just show up guys is all I ask LGW

Show up for a full 60 minutes...pretty please!! If you lose and play hard the full 60 I will be happy. Just dont do the spotting of 1 or 2 goals in the first 10 min.

There's no reason we don't win this series.

Keep in mind: Coaching/Playing a 7 game series against the same team (with equal rest) is much different than anything you experience during the regular season.

Did we close the season with a convincing effort? Obviously not. But playing at 3 different buildings in 4 nights, is a scenario much harder to prepare for than what we face today. This is also why veterans are so much more valuable in the post season than in the 82 games before it.

Stick to your assignments, Win your matchups, Howard don't be a meat, and we should win.

Love the optimism here ... unfortunately, not feeling it. Hope you are all right. It wasn't so much the results of the last 4 games of the season, it was more the lack of heart, fire, and effort. Without that, not much success in playoffs.