• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

ECQF Game 2 GDT : Red Wings at Tampa Bay Lightning, 7:00 EST

Rate this topic

Again why cover for Ericssons short comings when you have Smith, who probably has more career playoff points not to mention is faster, stronger, and better. Play

Smith has 5 career playoff points in 24 games. Ericsson has 20 career playoff points in 72 games. Not even a better point scoring rate for Smith vs. Ericsson.

You're likely correct about faster... better is certainly up for debate, at least... stronger, though? I'm doubtful.

Smith has 5 career playoff points in 24 games. Ericsson has 20 career playoff points in 72 games. Not even a better point scoring rate for Smith vs. Ericsson.

You're likely correct about faster... better is certainly up for debate, at least... stronger, though? I'm doubtful.

When in the blue hell did Ericsson get 20 points!!!

Smith is stronger than Ericsson?

:hysterical:

Absolutely. Watch him around the net and tell me Ericsson is stronger. He lets players through like crap through a goose.

Absolutely. Watch him around the net and tell me Ericsson is stronger. He lets players through like crap through a goose.

Ericsson is stronger.

Smith plays grittier for his size and Ericsson underplays his grit I'll give you that. But if both maximized their strength. Ericsson would decimate Smith 1 on 1.

If Howard loses again tonight then I expect petr to start game 3. All this talk of Howard being so much better than petr lately is ridiculous. Howard has pretty much only been able to win every other game at best since he took over a couple weeks ago and even then he generally still let's in about 3 goals per game. He didn't win either of our last 2 games to help us officially clinch and he was average in game 1. If we lose again tonight then mrazek should get the nod because he can steal us games.

If Howard loses again tonight then I expect petr to start game 3. All this talk of Howard being so much better than petr lately is ridiculous. Howard has pretty much only been able to win every other game at best since he took over a couple weeks ago and even then he generally still let's in about 3 goals per game. He didn't win either of our last 2 games to help us officially clinch and he was average in game 1. If we lose again tonight then mrazek should get the nod because he can steal us games.

I feel like Blash is the type of coach who will wait until his team is down 3-0 in a series before he does what he should have started with in game 1.

Well, he had 4 points last year in 7 games.... while Smith had no points in 5 games.

Seriously!!!?? The one goal I can recall was game 5 against the Sharks. Did not realize Ericsson is that valuable. Now I'm even madder that he's playing like a scrub

http://www.wingingitinmotown.com/2016/4/15/11436004/game-2-red-wings-at-lightning-line-combinations-gameday-updates-key

This is borderline mental behaviour from Blashill. Why are the lines staying the same when they were so ineffective? Tats and Nyqvist should be split and why is Larkin on the 3rd line? I'd take notice of Drouin and give Larkin a chance to respond to that.

Classic wings - just throw the same tired product on the ice and say we just need to do a few things better. Not one player expressed frank disappointment in their play in the post-game interviews. Everyone said they were happy with the game and it could have gone the other way. Why aren't we expecting more than this, why don't we go out there trying to destroy our opponents rather than compete with them. At the end of the day we lost - which sucks massively regardless.

http://www.wingingitinmotown.com/2016/4/15/11436004/game-2-red-wings-at-lightning-line-combinations-gameday-updates-key

This is borderline mental behaviour from Blashill. Why are the lines staying the same when they were so ineffective? Tats and Nyqvist should be split and why is Larkin on the 3rd line? I'd take notice of Drouin and give Larkin a chance to respond to that.

Classic wings - just throw the same tired product on the ice and say we just need to do a few things better. Not one player expressed frank disappointment in their play in the post-game interviews. Everyone said they were happy with the game and it could have gone the other way. Why aren't we expecting more than this, why don't we go out there trying to destroy our opponents rather than compete with them. At the end of the day we lost - which sucks massively regardless.

We lost, thats all that matters. But it was a high level game, tight checking, some grit. We can play with these guys. I would suggest that those lines aren't going to stay together for very long. I would put Abby out against Drouin all night long and be in his face all game.

Because they were effective up until 3rd period when Tampa came hammering. The Wings were the better team in game 1.

Because they were effective up until 3rd period when Tampa came hammering. The Wings were the better team in game 1.

Totally agree but we aren't good enough to take 20 minutes off.

I disagree. Our first line was getting neutralized the entire game and a team without 2 of its top players took care of business against us. We got two soft ones past Bishop which won't happen every night. We need to make some changes to find a way to score more reliably.

Keys to the game:

Raise our forwards shooting % or lower their goalie save %.

Method:

Have Jonathan Ericsson deliberately crash goaltender Ben Bishop resulting in a 10 game suspension. Two birds in one stroke.