• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

vladdy16

ECQF Game 2 Post-GDT: at Tampa Bay 5, Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

Callahan, Green, Abdelkader, and Marchenko all got 10s and no, unless it says game misconduct, I think they can all play next game.

Marchenko got one? I didn't remember seeing him doing anything worthy of that.

It's pretty obvious we only competed with Tampa last year because Mrazek stood on his head. If he played average, we'd have lost in similar fashion.

Z, Nyquist, and Tatar were just as invisible too. I remember Nyquist having 2 points in 7 games.

Maybe Z should retire too at this point he is a 3rd line winger with a big cap hit, why keep playing and sacrificing your body when the organization doesn't care about winning? Just make Abby or DD captain I doubt the results would change by much but atleast we could go into a full rebuild. Buy E out too

We need to start game 3 like we finished game 2. That would make me happy. Let's hate Tampa like 90s Wings hated Colorado.

At this point they're getting close to 07-12 Anaheim for me.

Steve coming over to replace Holland would be extra sweet.

Edited by Number19

I really felt like they should've had game 1. Never felt like they were really in game 2. Maybe the hotter heads prevailing at the end will light a fire. While I don't hang the losses solely on Howard like others, I do agree that Mrazek should start game 3. Smith should be in as well. Andersson should sit for Jurco.

The priorities for the next game are to get Mrazek in for Howard and Mantha in for Andersson. We were 10 for 23 on the PP with Mantha down the stretch.... terrible benching by Blashill for Andersson, Andersson is redundant and mediocre at best. I would also bench Nyquist or Tatar for Jurco. Move AA up into the top 6.

Decided to read what people are saying on HFBoards, Tampa fans are actually crying that Detroit is a dirty team. LMAO.

There's some truth to Abby but he isn't dishing out anymore than we've been taking, until that last dogpile when he was pummeling that guy. Calling anyone else on our team dirty would be insulting to the history of hockey.

I could list 6 or 7 players on Tampa on the dirty scale before I got around to the next Red Wing.

Edited by Number19

Decided to read what people are saying on HFBoards, Tampa fans are actually crying that Detroit is a dirty team. LMAO.

Tampa fans get upset when the line for early supper at Cracker Barrel is too long. There's no pleasing some fanbases.

There's some truth to Abby but he isn't dishing out anymore than we've been taking, until that last dogpile when he was pummeling that guy.

Yes but that guy (Blunden) decided to jump on his back like a little ******, Abby gave him exactly what he had coming to him.

I hope somebody in the media puts the squeeze on Blashill on why his lines are so pathetic. I'll admit Richards looks great so far

Have you seen the Wings media? They are all frickin lap dogs for Holland. None of them ever ask a tough question.

HSJ is probably writing up an article right now on how tonight's "gritty" effort shows Abby's leadership qualities for the next seven years.

Have you seen the Wings media? They are all frickin lap dogs for Holland. None of them ever ask a tough question.

HSJ is probably writing up an article right now on how tonight's "gritty" effort shows Abby's leadership qualities for the next seven years.

She just tweeted Abby wasn't available for the media

What a pure joke eh

While I don't hang the losses solely on Howard like others, I do agree that Mrazek should start game 3. Smith should be in as well. Andersson should sit for Jurco.

I don't think anyone is blaming Howard entirely. He hasn't been garbage, but he's not playing at a playoff level, either. He's not the main problem but we should all admit that we won't be winning with him as our goalie. It's been that way for years.

We might not win with Mrazek, either, but I think we stand a better chance. Nothing can really be done about the suckage that is our team defense, so Blashill might as well change the one factor that might make some difference.