• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

vladdy16

ECQF Game 2 Post-GDT: at Tampa Bay 5, Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

Anyone else get just a tad bit pissed when they started playing Small Town Girl while they were deciding the penalties? Some things are just too much, and THAT... that is our victory song you bag of d's.

They're just another team that REALLY wants to be the Red Wings. Steve obviously isn't shy about how he builds the team (basically Wings with height and snipers, something we've wanted for 10+ seasons) but the rest of the franchise seems to have that Nashville-esque insecurity complex.

The trio that will get us the cup.

nobody is claiming they will. But it's time to roll with the future and to stop living in the past. We need some youth and fresh blood in the lineup. We have 3 rested players who should be playing. Insert them and play the old guys less minutes.

You don't? Well, maybe you aren't, but I disagree that no one is blaming Howard entirely.

Howard has to stop the second goal and definitely the 3rd goal. What on the hell was he doing on the 3rd? Them he acted surprised that killorn was coming around the other side. Duhhhh.

This is the worst defensive wings team in years but the the goalie needs to come up big on those saves when your team just tires the game!

Asked if he expects there to be any retaliation in Game 3 for Abdelkader punching Blunden, Cedric Paquette responds "probably" #TBLightning

But when Abs goes absolutely ham on a guy on a team that's taking every potshot they can get, he's a "dirty player"? Can't have it both ways, dickrags.

Abdelkader messed Blunden up. I still don't see why it was necessary. This isn't the Avs. Why the hell are things getting so heated, other than frustration? I haven't noticed anything super dirty from Tampa, just stick holding and stuff. Did I miss someone on Tampa pulling a Lemieux?

Abdelkader messed Blunden up. I still don't see why it was necessary. This isn't the Avs. Why the hell are things getting so heated, other than frustration? I haven't noticed anything super dirty from Tampa, just stick holding and stuff. Did I miss someone on Tampa pulling a Lemieux?

Because this is the playoffs and you do what you have to in order to send a message or gai an advantage. It's not the time to be soft. This is hockey!

Did ya miss Nesterov taking liberties on Marchenko when he was down?

Howard has to stop the second goal and definitely the 3rd goal. What on the hell was he doing on the 3rd? Them he acted surprised that killorn was coming around the other side. Duhhhh.

This is the worst defensive wings team in years but the the goalie needs to come up big on those saves when your team just tires the game!

Don't get me wrong, Howard wasn't great tonight... and he is certainly in the discussion when handing out blame. I did say I thought Mrazek should be in for Game 3. I don't hold Howard responsible for the Game 1 loss, though. He wasn't Conn Smythe worthy or anything, but I felt the defensive mental lapses in front of him were the main reason for the loss.... that and the usual lack of much scoring. I was just saying that I don't blame him solely for either loss. I mean, one of the four Wings just standing there could have done SOMETHING to keep Tyler Johnson from tapping that puck in, etc. The blame is shared.

Meh. He'll be fine. He's a big boy and he's a hockey player. He can handle a few stitches. It may not have been necessary, but it was something that maybe can help get his team going with the series moving to Detroit.

Because this is the playoffs and you do what you have to in order to send a message or gai an advantage. It's not the time to be soft. This is hockey!

That type of stuff never "sent a message" to the Wings when they were beating a crappy team and said team started scrims. I doubt Tampa is going to be less physical after that.

That type of stuff never "sent a message" to the Wings when they were beating a crappy team and said team started scrims. I doubt Tampa is going to be less physical after that.

Well it's better than letting them dive on our players two seconds before and not doing anything about it. Tampa is initiating a lot of this stuff and it's nice to see Abby not take it. That's not just gooning it up for the sake of it.

Most of us said it mrazek is the goalie of the 2 that could steal a series and should of started game 1

Been saying it for years Howard will never be a winner , he doesn't the "it" factor

Mantha and his 6'5 frame should be screening bishop (who's just as big )on the powerplay

Was hopeful when Blashill came on as wings coach but right now he could take a hike for all I care and never come back , guy is so safe it's ridiculous , he has no balls and rely's on his vets too much

I'd also bench nyquist and maybe even Tatar cause there both just pissing me off , nowhere near as good as they should be ... Trade them both in the off season for some defense and grit , it's embaressing that abdelkader is the only grit on this team

Was at the game. Thanks for advice all those who said I should go. Total garbage. Game 1 was way better. Goose and Tator salad are horrible. They need to go away. Should have kept Flip instead of those guys at this point. Still not sure who the dbag was that went off the ice and let the puck go right down and then they scored, but that was incredible. It's like there are no set plays. The wings play is just get the puck in the offensive zone and shoot if you can. I saw no chemistry between anyone, because again, I was sitting on the wings offensive end of the ice for the first and third period. The officiating was equally as horrid. How does datsyuk get the penalty? And they even called interference against the guy on Ericson, which was just a guy finishing his check. Then I can't believe they didn't call a penalty on dekeyser for the hit to the head on palat. I think they just randomly blow the whistle. Howard is awful, if I'm playing against him my game plan is shoot high on him. He leaves the net wide open up top and moves too slow. Then he overplays that one skater going wide. At no point did that guy look like he was going to shoot. Wtf. If holland doesn't get a top flight sniper and dmen this off season and keeps those waste of winged wheel uniforms goose and Tator, he needs to go. Look at the Blackhawks? They just keep making the right moves. You're not going to draft dmen and wingers like we need. You have to pay them. And you have to admit when you've overpaid mediocrity, Ericson and abdelkader. Kronwall, Z and Datsyuk are all done. They've given all the can. Babcock was right, the future is not bright there and the present is past. There's no game plan and he knew it. That's why he left. And that's why he will get a shot to sign stamkos this offseason. Tampa needed to win last year, that was their last shot, stamkos wants $11-$12 mil a year. Toronto is the only team that can do that. Wings need to trade some guys and get some quality pieces or this will be rinse and repeat for years.