• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

vladdy16

ECQF Game 2 Post-GDT: at Tampa Bay 5, Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

I was nowhere near surprised by what happened tonight. We were LUCKY to get the 2 goals we got in game 1 and we once again showed we can't put offence on the board. Our D is atrocious and without a goalie stealing games we won't keep less than 3 out of our net per game. I had no expectation of winning without making changes and tonight was exactly the result of that. Tampa made some changes to improve and we kept doing the same s*** we do every night. I'm surprised we even have a coach when the same things happen night in and night out without repair. Its getting to the point where I am embarrassed by the product on the ice.

I haven't posted here in a while in lieu of posting on Reddit but today I went against the hive mind and remembered why I love this place so much. This loss wasn't Jimmy's fault. Our D was humiliated and the reffing was so brutal. Why isn't Smith in the lineup? At this point, the only thing Ericsson does is handsome.

This series is hopeless just going by Blashill's post game comments. I'm starting to not be able to stand this guy with his super generic game plans and emotionless responses he resembles this team and all the stupid faces he makes

I've yet to see any qualities of a good coach from this guy and I don't get why management thinks it's acceptable. Worse teams than us play with twice the structure and identity. Why is this rookie head coach being grandfathered in as the next Babcock that will coach us for the next million years? Holland is just replacing players and coaches of old with nobodies and expecting the same results.

This series is hopeless just going by Blashill's post game comments. I'm starting to not be able to stand this guy with his super generic game plans and emotionless responses he resembles this team and all the stupid faces he makes

I've yet to see any qualities of a good coach from this guy and I don't get why management thinks it's acceptable. Worse teams than us play with twice the structure and identity. Why is this rookie head coach being grandfathered in as the next Babcock that will coach us for the next million years? Holland is just replacing players and coaches of old with nobodies and expecting the same results.

Blashill is in over his head. Just because you were a good AHL coach doesn't mean you'll make it in the NHL. I feel like he was brought in with a flawed logic, that because he was successful every other level, that somehow means he will be successful here?

Agreed.

We were all led to believe that Blashill is the right man for the job since he coached many of these guys in GR...Funny though it looks like the coaching staff, and the players are in a fog.

IMHO this team needs a new coaching staff for next season, and maybe a new frame of mind (we're certainly not a high skill team, nor are we a puck possession team).

Interesting you brought up that last point. That crossed my mind tonight, too. We've been puck possession forever. Maybe a change in philosophy is in order? Imagine us as a hard checking physical team, dump and chase with a few top end/middle European players. I can dream.

At least Abdelkader is showing that he cares. Tatar and Nyquist better get their whatever together because if they aren't one of them - might be even both - will get traded in the offseason. I'm starting to hope the Tiger are going to win the Baseball cup so that Mr. I can focus on the Wings again and ask Mr. Holland the tough questions. If he likes the answers keep him on a short leash if not bring in Don Maloney. The guy worked under a fraction of the budget Holland has and left Arizona with Domi, Duclair, OEL.

That being said a series isn't over till you lose at home but I would love to see Mantha getting some experience now. If they lose so what? It hasn't worked with some of the veterans either and unlike Mantha they aren't the future of the Wings. When it comes down to Z either shelter hi minutes to third line duties or trade him to a contender, the guy can't play more than 15 minutes anymore it's just so obvious.

Reading some of the threads and posting before the season and now is funny, a lot of people thought Blashill would be the second coming of Babcock and some Antibabcock guys even thought he would be better. Although it's way too early to judge and given the fact that the guy has had the worst Wings roster since almost 2 decades to work it I don't think it's fair to judge him now but I will say this: play the kids like you did in GR. If I'm Pasha my decision is becoming easier and easier this team is going nowhere and it seems like they are still reluctant to do a proper rebuild, so why not go home spend quality time with my family and play in front of my friends while still making millions of russian $?

This team has 6 defenseman with one job, shutdown the damn triplets line and yet other than Danny D. no one seems capable of doing that such an embarassing result. I'm starting wo wonder if Babcock saw all of this coming and if he wanted a more traditional rebuild. Anyhow, changes need to happen in the off-season it's so sad to see that Pasha's Wings era has to end like this. Let Mantha, Larkin and McKee experience the playoffs infront of their homecrowd no matter the result because what does this team have to lose? Well nothing everyone is expecting them to lose against the Bolts anyways.

All I'm asking for is, don't get swept at least Pasha deserves so much better than this bulls***. The guy in my avatar would still be the best defenseman on this team.

I have to throw my hands up.

It's been awhile but - rebuild or kinda rebuilding - this team is a damn embarrassment.

I'm done with Tatar & especially Nyquist. Zero zero ZERO guts or passion.

This past season - 25 years making the playoffs OK cool - but these guys are embarrassing our jersey. I want Holland gone. Blashill can become an assistant here or somewhere else.

This is a damn business first and you never EVER embarrass that crest on the front of your jersey. It's time for a shakeup. Not bulls***ting PAYING fans with cute one liners and promises that you know better, Mr Holland.

It's not a matter of winning the series. Win. Lose. But show up.

No excuses. I don't care which team has the most talent.

You never embarrass the jersey and this group minus maybe 6,7 guys, are doing just that. We are a joke. A joke.

Paved & Zata deserved better Mr Holland. Excuses are for losers and we haven't made excuses since the 80s. BUT HERE WE ARE TODAY.

Absolute pathetic.

Difference between this year and last:

(1) Mrazek has the ability to steal a game. Howard does not.

(2) Babcock is a much better coach than Blashill.

(3) Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Kronwall are all noticeably worse players a year later.

Can't be shocked - this team is what it is... Shouldn't have made the playoffs and now we're surprised we lost 2 in a row in Tampa.

No Mantha and Smith are not the answer, our problems are far greater than Smith and Mantha -> Ericsson and Andersson.

The problem is, if you're Blashill, playing AA, bringing up Mantha, putting a few more kids in prominent positions is basically waving the white flag, something that no organisation looks like it wants to do. There's only one situation you do that in, and that's when you've been eliminated from playoff contention before the season ends.

Howard has been fine, not great, and the problem is, this team needs a great goaltender. Mrazek hasn't justified playing in the playoffs since about february. So realistically, why is Blashill going to put him in now?

I'm playing devil's advocate now, because i think the wings need to make some changes. Sheahan, Tatar and Nyquist combination hasn't ever worked, I don't know why he keeps trying to go back to it. 14 and 21 are too similar players to have on the same line. It just can't work. Look at Tyler Johnson. Killorn is 6'2 and at least Kucherov is 5'11 but he's turning into a sniper. I don't see any of that same crafty energy from 14 and 21.

We are all pining for Mantha to return, and yea i thought he looked good on our PP and played well with Tatar and Datsyuk. I want to see him have a shot, but at this point, I don't think management will do it, especially not with KH's comments about him. NO clue whatsoever. And, he hasn't put up a point since he's gone back to GR.

Something has to change, I'm not going to go to town on Blashill yet because what else has he got to help him here? A bunch of old veterans and really, if you stop playing those guys top minutes, who's going to step up and fill the void? This is the fundamental problem. Playing the kids is like admitting defeat, and this organisation is too stubborn.

Agreed.

We were all led to believe that Blashill is the right man for the job since he coached many of these guys in GR...Funny though it looks like the coaching staff, and the players are in a fog.

IMHO this team needs a new coaching staff for next season, and maybe a new frame of mind (we're certainly not a high skill team, nor are we a puck possession team).

And who gets the blame for not knowing Blashill didn't have the coaching chops needed, even though he should have known better than anyone else?

Could it be our old pal, Kenny? :glare:

I have to throw my hands up.

It's been awhile but - rebuild or kinda rebuilding - this team is a damn embarrassment.

I'm done with Tatar & especially Nyquist. Zero zero ZERO guts or passion.

This past season - 25 years making the playoffs OK cool - but these guys are embarrassing our jersey. I want Holland gone. Blashill can become an assistant here or somewhere else.

This is a damn business first and you never EVER embarrass that crest on the front of your jersey. It's time for a shakeup. Not bulls***ting PAYING fans with cute one liners and promises that you know better, Mr Holland.

It's not a matter of winning the series. Win. Lose. But show up.

No excuses. I don't care which team has the most talent.

You never embarrass the jersey and this group minus maybe 6,7 guys, are doing just that. We are a joke. A joke.

Paved & Zata deserved better Mr Holland. Excuses are for losers and we haven't made excuses since the 80s. BUT HERE WE ARE TODAY.

Absolute pathetic.

I don't believe Ken Holland is the right GM to preside over a rebuild. He hasn't shown any ability to rebuild in the cap era. If that is what is going to happen, then he should just retire or promote himself.

Nothing else that I can add other than, the weather is great! Go outside and enjoy all that Michigan has to offer! RW's are toast. Baring MAJOR changes there will not be a 26th year. Some of us are old enough to remember the Dead Wings. This is starting to look like that again. Yes things are that bad and getting worse.

If Holland is deciding on who plays for Blashill then both need to go. This is depressing. Our team has been sliding into mediocrity for years and for the first time I just want the season to end as soon as possible.We had no business making the playoffs and it just gave al the deniers one more excuse in a mountain of excuses. Accountability. Is there any? Maybe we need Martha Ford to come over and clean up the exec suite for the Wings.

This is really easy. There was a stretch where Dekeyser was playing 25 minutes a night and we were winning, then Kronwall came back...

Also, why isn't Smith playing? He actually looked good against TB last year and it's not like Ericsson is stopping anyone from scoring.

Also, why isn't Smith playing? He actually looked good against TB last year and it's not like Ericsson is stopping anyone from scoring.

This. We're not a great team as is, but we're doing ourselves a disservice by not even icing the best team possible. Get Anderson out and mantha in. Let AA pk.

Mantha-datsyuk-Tatar

Nyquist- sheahan- Larkin

Zetterberg-Richards-AA

Abby-glenny-helm

That datsyuk line has played together and I loved the way they played never understood why it was broken up

Second line has speed on the wings with the size in the middle of sheahan

Third line has Z playing wing in a little reduced minutes with Richards who's had lots of jump and AA who can fly. Veteran presence will help AA and he'll help the vets with energy. AA and Richards have shown great chemistry

4th line this is your grind line and they should play all damn night against Johnson. Grind on those guys and make them feel it every damn shift, you shut that line down we win

This. We're not a great team as is, but we're doing ourselves a disservice by not even icing the best team possible. Get Anderson out and mantha in. Let AA pk.

Mantha-datsyuk-Tatar

Nyquist- sheahan- Larkin

Zetterberg-Richards-AA

Abby-glenny-helm

That datsyuk line has played together and I loved the way they played never understood why it was broken up

Third line has Z playing wing in a little reduced minutes with Richards who's had lots of jump and AA who can fly. Veteran presence will help AA and he'll help the vets with energy. AA and Richards have shown great chemistry

4th line this is your grind line and they should play all damn night against Johnson. Grind on those guys and make them feel it every damn shift, you shut that line down we win

I like this lineup and thought process a lot. I'd love to see Danny D. - Smith as the top pair, reduce the minutes for Kronwall and play him with Green so he can focus more on a shutdown role.

No clue, this team is better when he does play. Would love to see him and Marchy back together. Throw Dekeeyser out there with everyone. Play him 25-30 minutes. They will be a lot better off

Mantha-datsyuk-Tatar

Nyquist- sheahan- Larkin

Zetterberg-Richards-AA

Abby-glenny-helm

I agree with you sir. What i really don't ******* understand is why the hell aren't Glendening and Helm playing all night long shutting down Johnson and Kucherov. Seriously? Where is our great shutdown line?

I agree also about the Mantha, Dats and Tatar line. They looked good and effective at maintaining zone time. We won't see this at all though, even though our team desperately needs both of these things.