• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

Andersson leaving the NHL after the Playoffs

Rate this topic

Maybe the harsh comments here are a bit much, but it's more sarcasm. Honestly, it's not that much of an impact, he'd easily be replaced by someone else.

What's really bad is what a lot of Pens' fans are saying right not. They are thinking about whether they'd be better off trading Malkin, suggesting they play better without him. There is some recent validity to that, but I think it's more of a streak thing they had going at the end of the year while he was out and they are reacting to the loss they took in his first game back. He plays a different style than what the team has been playing lately though (but I think that's a good thing if you can play too different styles throughout the game...throw people off).

Maybe the harsh comments here are a bit much, but it's more sarcasm. Honestly, it's not that much of an impact, he'd easily be replaced by someone else.

What's really bad is what a lot of Pens' fans are saying right not. They are thinking about whether they'd be better off trading Malkin, suggesting they play better without him. There is some recent validity to that, but I think it's more of a streak thing they had going at the end of the year while he was out and they are reacting to the loss they took in his first game back. He plays a different style than what the team has been playing lately though (but I think that's a good thing if you can play too different styles throughout the game...throw people off).

Are you saying we could get Malkin for Andersson?

He's simply not NHL quality. I see no reason to bad mouth him, the issue is with Ken Holland. Andersson did what he was told, and didn't act like a spoiled brat prima donna like some OTHER swedes in recent years.

Joakim Andersson may be forced to retire at 28

Hip/back injury.

He's made only one appearance for Örebro (the first game of this season) since leaving Redwings after the 15/16 season.

He's listed as day to day but no one knows when and if he can play again. According to Aftonbladet these injuries might be enough to end his season and, with a second year without playing, it might essentially kill his career.

Good luck Joakim

Sorry to hear the guy was hurt.  I hope he is able to recover and resume playing, but I concur with your thoughts that it could be career killing.  It didn't work out for him with the Wings but I had no ill will towards him.

Did you resurrect the thread instead of starting a new one partlly to scare people who didn't check the original post date into thinking Hakan was hanging up his scouting binoculars? ;)

4 hours ago, TheXym said:

Sorry to hear the guy was hurt.  I hope he is able to recover and resume playing, but I concur with your thoughts that it could be career killing.  It didn't work out for him with the Wings but I had no ill will towards him.

Did you resurrect the thread instead of starting a new one partlly to scare people who didn't check the original post date into thinking Hakan was hanging up his scouting binoculars? ;)

lol you overestimate my cleverness sir

35 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

lol you overestimate my cleverness sir

I think Xym may have been onto something at least partially.

Also, that sucks for Andersson wtf...

It's as though Babcock leaves and everything he liked is falling apart. Franzen, Andersson, Datsyuk, Mrazek. 

Edited by kickazz

10 minutes ago, TheXym said:

Interesting point about babs leaving.  Kind of weird how that seems to be working out.  

It's classic Scotty Bowman. And Babs probably learned it from watching Scotty's career.

You go where the going is good, constantly looking for the next up-and-coming team. I think the most overrated thing about Scotty was his actual coaching, and the most underrated thing was his ability to always put himself in a winning situation. Babs caught the tail end of Lidstrom and Datsyuk and then immediately jetted for a bitter rival that was amassing a super brain trust. The foresight is strong in Babs and Scotty.   

True, Bowman definitely smelled where the fart was the best and went there. But he brought in the whole "turn your offensive guys into 2-way players" avenue that dominated the 90s hockey. 

Edited by kickazz