• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

ECQF Game 3 GDT : Tampa Bay Lightning at Red Wings, 7:00 EST

Rate this topic

Every year we get bounced in the first or second round I wait to hear about all the injuries we had and I at least feel a little better. The last few years though......crickets. I'm praying Dats, Z, Tatar, Nyquist, and Kronnner all are playing on broken legs or something equally debilitating.

However, I'm afraid everybody is completely healthy.

We looked pretty good in the 1st. But I just can't get over how this team always tries making the extra pass instead of just shooting the puck. Did it all season. And apparently are going to continue to do it in the playoffs. When you have a 5 on 3 for almost a minute in their zone, and you get 2 shots on goal, there is a serious problem. We gotta just start shooting the puck and hoping for the best. Any hesitation and extra passing is just gonna make it easier on a goalie as good as Bishop.

This game is a perfect illustration of why I want Pulks in the line-up. The guys are playing well, dominating with their speed, but none of them shoot on the PP and not many of them have real goalscorers instincts. Pulks has a lot of limitations, but the guy had 48 goals in his last 62 AHL reg season and playoff games, and absolutely kills 5 on 3 because it gives him time and space to get the cannon off and on net. Even at NHL level, where he has struggled, his pace is 14 goals 28 points averaging about 11-12 mins per night.

But no, we need Andersson who will barely play.

That said, not only do todays lines look better, they also make a lot more sense.

This game is a perfect illustration of why I want Pulks in the line-up. The guys are playing well, dominating with their speed, but none of them shoot on the PP and not many of them have real goalscorers instincts. Pulks has a lot of limitations, but the guy had 48 goals in his last 62 AHL reg season and playoff games, and absolutely kills 5 on 3 because it gives him time and space to get the cannon off and on net. Even at NHL level, where he has struggled, his pace is 14 goals 28 points averaging about 11-12 mins per night.

But no, we need Andersson who will barely play.

That said, not only do todays lines look better, they also make a lot more sense.

The second Pulk touches the puck, the team looses possession. That's why he doesn't play.

3 straight 1st periods where we've been better with nothing to show for it.. so depressing

The second Pulk touches the puck, the team looses possession. That's why he doesn't play.

Be nice to have him on that 5 on 3 though

Young guys are flying out there..so of course Blash will reel in the minutes as the game goes along.

This is exactly why they start well and fall apart in the 3rd. He stops playing the kids and leans heavily on the old guys.

On another note, Hank looked good in the first. Noticed him a lot more out there than I have as of late.

Given how many of our player are afflicted with the same condition, I'd rather someone who might actually score occasionally and can be sheltered and used on PPs. That said, I appreciate that his impact is limited by our lack of D who can play proper breakout passes.

I wouldn't mind him sitting if Mantha or Even Jurco were in the line up, but I can't remember the last time Andersson did anything at all in the offensive zone.