• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

ECQF Game 3 GDT : Tampa Bay Lightning at Red Wings, 7:00 EST

Rate this topic

WingedWheel, to answer your question, yes you are obviously missing something. Because you are literally the only person upset about having Smith inserted into the lineup. He should have been in the entire series. You keep pointing out that he only has 2 points in his last 17 games or whatever... Who gives a s***? Although, he doesn't produce as much as we'd like him to, he does generate offense, in fact, far better than any of our other defensemen. He also plays with an edge, which is a great attribute in a playoff game. You praise Abdelkader for his aggressive style, but fail to acknowledge the same quality in Smith.

Andersson sucks, he should not be in the lineup. Smith is good, he should be in the lineup. Very simple.

I'm really trying to be supportive of the management of this team but am slowly losing faith in Holland and Blash. I know they don't have the talent of past teams. The players must realize this is on them as a team.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!please

Never understood the strategy of creating a line to "shut down" an opposing teams top line; when said line will not produce any offence at all. This just means youre wasting 20 minutes of the game not scoring. If the other team's top line scores just once, youre basically starting a 2 period game down 1-0.

What is their to understand? That line has killed us. Create a line to stop them, any scoring from our guys on that line is a bonus. That line has some speed and some grit, I like the move a lot. Someone has to be in Johnson's mug all night. I have a feeling it may be Glendening's turn to take that role.

So the whole idea of "shutdown" line worked very well from 2007-2013 when Zetterberg was the designated shutdown forward. (Against Getzlaf, Riberio, Crosby, Malkin, Toews, and many others)

1. Because he had the ability to shutdown opposing teams top line.

2. Because his possession was insane to where his line would create offense and score (a lot).

Now I get the idea of Glendenning not being ideal for shutdown because:

1. While he can "shutdown" top line opposition..

2. He has terrible possession and can't generate offense.

Having said all that we don't really have much of a choice because:

1. We don't have a prime Zetterberg type shutdown forward (or a Toews, Koptiar, Bergeron etc etc etc) Not even Zetterberg himself is a Zetterberg.

2. Glendening is all we have in the shutdown role.

We play with the cards we are dealt.

Also to note - the famous "Grind line" was also a shutdown line. Screwed opponents over while scoring a decent amount.

Edited by kickazz

I'm really trying to be supportive of the management of this team but am slowly losing faith in Holland and Blash. I know they don't have the talent of past teams. The players must realize this is on them as a team.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!please

I agree. I just want to know what our plan is. If Blashill was suppose to be the coach that played the kids and took this team into the future with the young talent then it doesn't seem like it. I'm losing faith in Holland with his team management, look what kind of teams Yzerman and Nill created with their team management. .

Well he for one thing right ... 2 games to late

Mrazek is in ... Still don't get his insistence of having datsyuk helm Richards Always on the same line ... Blashill is probably the real reason datsyuk wants to go back home ,can't blame him

Athanasiou still on the 4th and Tatar ... Hopefully that'll get Tatar a goal playing against Tampa's 3rd pair

Not a fan of Quincey but not sure he's the one who should of been taken out for smith

Anyways let's hope for a 37 save shut out by mrazek and a 1-0 win

I agree. I just want to know what our plan is. If Blashill was suppose to be the coach that played the kids and took this team into the future with the young talent then it doesn't seem like it. I'm losing faith in Holland with his team management, look what kind of teams Yzerman and Nill created with their team management. .

Jim Bill was a big loss to Holland and company. Holland never really built Yzermans teams most of those players were already in place when he came in. Holland only spent Mr. I's dollars.

I think we'll take this game. Team will play with a lot more urgency and Tampa will likely relax a little. What happens afterwards will be interesting.

Well they can't really afford to lose this game because the series would be almost over by then.

It will come down to shuttdown down the triplets line if the team still can't do it Tampa will win if they can we might have a series.

Like Smith in. Don't really like Quincey out (unless he's hurt). Like Mrazek in (it's just the right decision. Howard should be starting game 3 as well if the roles were reversed). Don't like Andersson still in the lineup. I could understand being conservative at the start of the series, but not now. I can understand playing Andersson over Pulkkinen for size, but at least put Jurco in for him.

But in any case... LET'S GO RED WINGS!!! Come out hungry from puck drop on and show everyone that it isn't just about making the playoffs and extending the streak. Show us you want more that that!!

Edited by barabbas16

Wings may win this game but the D is not made for playoff hockey. They're slow, don't possess the puck well and can't clear the zone efficiently, much less make a good first pass to get the offense moving. Mrazek may steal one but he can't play out of his mind night in and out. He's human, not a robot. Defense wins championships. Idk who will be available after this year but if a trade involving Ericsson doesn't happen along with nyquist, this will happen again next season. I'm trying to imagine what this team would be like if Franzens head weren't broken and Miller were playing...

Edited by plopster

I honestly don't like Quincey, but he was far better than Ericsson or Green in the last two games.

I also don't get how Blash can think that it's smart to play the worst forwards in a top6 role with 2 of our best wingers in the bottom six role. Must have lost his mind.

I really like Blashill, but if that's how he wants to win tonight, then he deserves to be demoted right away. Wouldn't fire him as I clearly believe in him...but this one seems to be over his head right now and it may be better if somebody else takes over...

In the end, sometimes the sum of the parts is more important than what an individual produces. Mantha scored two goals, but the pp was on fire while he was on it. He made things happen that didn't show up on the scoresheet. Smith does the same.

Well that's something the boxscore doesn't show so of course it doesn't matter to some people which is a shame. I don't care about how many points Smith brings or doesn't bring, his job is to prevent the other team from scoring.

Smith should be in, but pairing him with Green seems like a bad idea to me. Those 2 are the ones that like to jump up in the play the most and I think it'd be better to stick them with Marchenko, DK or E.

Q also deserves to be in too, though. I mean, he has been preparing his playoff beard for quite a while - we should let him show it off. Such a move suggests to me that he might be injured. If he's not, this pretty much confirms that we won't re-signing him after this year.

I love me some Mrazek so it will be great to see how he does. Part of me wanted to keep Howard in because the loses haven't been his fault (and also to get his trade value up).

Mr. Andersson, why do you persist?

Go Wings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I honestly don't like Quincey, but he was far better than Ericsson or Green in the last two games.

I also don't get how Blash can think that it's smart to play the worst forwards in a top6 role with 2 of our best wingers in the bottom six role. Must have lost his mind.

I really like Blashill, but if that's how he wants to win tonight, then he deserves to be demoted right away. Wouldn't fire him as I clearly believe in him...but this one seems to be over his head right now and it may be better if somebody else takes over...

Green was one of our best players in the first game. Q was better than E. I like Q however....