• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

vladdy16

ECQF Game 3 Post-GDT: at Red Wings 2, Tampa Bay 0

Rate this topic

Hes not a heavyweight in the least but I base it mostly on the fact that Abs himself is a worse fighter. Add in the size and reach difference and Abs would have been tossed like a rag doll.

I'll give you that, Abby is a pretty bad fighter in his own right, but he's probably better than Boyle.

Anyways, I'm happy for the win!

Hes not a heavyweight in the least but I base it mostly on the fact that Abs himself is a worse fighter. Add in the size and reach difference and Abs would have been tossed like a rag doll.

abs was smart. I'd rather have him for game four then watch abby hit him a few times followed By a wrestling match.

No, not necessarily. It's suppose to be for fun. We would have won whether we did or not.

Hogwash! I reject your reality and substitute my own. (I was actually never a big fan of those threads)

Great game! As always, great crowd! I'm looking forward to Game 4!

Smith was a factor right away, and played great all night. His style of play is great for the playoffs. He makes mistakes, but he's tough to play against. Any time he's on the ice, the opposition needs to keep an eye on him, because he's either hitting someone, or jumping into the play when we have the puck. I don't know if we would have won Games 1 or 2 if he was playing, but why wasn't he playing?

Great goal by AA. I loved how hard he shot the puck that close in. It looked like it was out of frustration. If it hit Bishop, it almost would have injured him, or knocked him out, AA shot it so hard!

This is my prediction for the rest of the series, but first a disclaimer...

Anyone who has been around here for a while knows i'm always the positive one, i'm rarely negative, I always have faith in this team, I always predict they win and move on and drive forward. I've been watching this team for a very, long time, and this is going to be a first for me. You have been warned.

I think this was a bit of a fluke. Granted, Mrazek came in and played a good game for us tonight, but I am not confident at all going forward in this series. Knowing what I know and seeing what i've seen, this is how I see the rest of this series playing out.

Game 4 we get beat, bad. Like 5-0 or 6-1 bad. Just when we win a game, we get a bit excited, start thinking "We won one game, we win the next and it's a 2-2 series and back to a best of 3". They have a victory and fill us with a bit more confidence, that they can play hard, play with energy all game, and get a win against a team we aren't favored against. And then they move on to the next and just get embarrassed.

Game 5 is a bit of a tease, maybe we start off down 1-0 or 2-0 and come back to tie it up, late in the first or early in the 2nd. Then the rest of the game we are shown why we aren't a team that is going beyond the first round, any ounce of hope is pulled away. They go up by a goal, we eventually tie it, followed by another opposition goal within two minutes flattening our hopes once again. We drop the game 5-3 or 5-4, outplayed most of the way, and pretty much put in our place and reminded why we likely shouldn't have gotten a spot in the playoffs to begin with.

I'm just being a realist and logical, we are in a somewhat of a rebuild, a lot of younger players given the chance but not used properly or enough on the ice. There is too much reliance on the veterans who have lost step, and aren't able to play a full series at full effort because they are past their prime, yet are still expected to play like they are 28 while robbing time from the guys who have earned it, deserve it, and should be out there winning games for us.

I don't want to come off as cynical here, because that isn't me at all, but it's truly how I feel as a fan right now and what my expectations for the rest of the series are. I really, really hope they prove me wrong, but i've gotten my hopes up as the underdog way too many times and been disappointed at the end. Maybe a different approach will send some vibes to the team and they really pull this off, but i'm not holding my breath nearly as long this year.

Still love this team and the direction it's going, but I've lost confidence and am ready for our youngsters to be used properly and the next phase of this team to begin dominating the NHL once again.

Pretty much all the changes I wished for happened other than Mantha being up.

I really want our guys to be ready next game, but there is a line of keeping emotions in check and not getting bullied. Smart this evening, but at the end there we should have kicked their you know what for going after Z at the end. Refs aren't going to protect us, and that pathetic point where Abby wasn't trying to fight and the ref was shrugging him off was a joke.

I'd really like some protection there at the end for the guys. Abby being expected to fight everyone is ridiculous. Kronwall was beyond pathetic getting over there to help. Just tie someone up there! Smith seems like he will assist in that regard, and I hope some of other guys will step up when the heat is on.

Nyquist needs to learn from Dats how to throw his weight around. He had a good game, and I appreciate the checking...ahem, attempts, but he needs some work on that.

This is my prediction for the rest of the series, but first a disclaimer...

Anyone who has been around here for a while knows i'm always the positive one, i'm rarely negative, I always have faith in this team, I always predict they win and move on and drive forward. I've been watching this team for a very, long time, and this is going to be a first for me. You have been warned.

I think this was a bit of a fluke. Granted, Mrazek came in and played a good game for us tonight, but I am not confident at all going forward in this series. Knowing what I know and seeing what i've seen, this is how I see the rest of this series playing out.

Game 4 we get beat, bad. Like 5-0 or 6-1 bad. Just when we win a game, we get a bit excited, start thinking "We won one game, we win the next and it's a 2-2 series and back to a best of 3". They have a victory and fill us with a bit more confidence, that they can play hard, play with energy all game, and get a win against a team we aren't favored against. And then they move on to the next and just get embarrassed.

Game 5 is a bit of a tease, maybe we start off down 1-0 or 2-0 and come back to tie it up, late in the first or early in the 2nd. Then the rest of the game we are shown why we aren't a team that is going beyond the first round, any ounce of hope is pulled away. They go up by a goal, we eventually tie it, followed by another opposition goal within two minutes flattening our hopes once again. We drop the game 5-3 or 5-4, outplayed most of the way, and pretty much put in our place and reminded why we likely shouldn't have gotten a spot in the playoffs to begin with.

I'm just being a realist and logical, we are in a somewhat of a rebuild, a lot of younger players given the chance but not used properly or enough on the ice. There is too much reliance on the veterans who have lost step, and aren't able to play a full series at full effort because they are past their prime, yet are still expected to play like they are 28 while robbing time from the guys who have earned it, deserve it, and should be out there winning games for us.

I don't want to come off as cynical here, because that isn't me at all, but it's truly how I feel as a fan right now and what my expectations for the rest of the series are. I really, really hope they prove me wrong, but i've gotten my hopes up as the underdog way too many times and been disappointed at the end. Maybe a different approach will send some vibes to the team and they really pull this off, but i'm not holding my breath nearly as long this year.

Still love this team and the direction it's going, but I've lost confidence and am ready for our youngsters to be used properly and the next phase of this team to begin dominating the NHL once again.

If TB was at full strength I would agree but with the guys they have out/banged up I feel they are ripe for the pickings. Detroit has to play perfect though to pull it off and that will be the problem. This team rarely is consistently good.

Abby smoked him at the end of the game. What they are doing right now is perfect. They are driving them nuts.

I agree. I'm not a fan of the fighting and after the whistle stuff, but I think the Wings are doing a good job with it. They aren't known to do that stuff, but they're using it to their advantage.

this was my first thought, his hands are probably pretty messed up.

he did just mess up a guys face last game.

yeah and most of his punches were all helmet hits so no doubt he hurt himself on those punches. Plus Abby made a statement after game 2 saying he doesn't expect more fights - probably sticking to his word. Not to mention the league really let him go for his "assault" in game 2. I'm sure he's just playing it smart as he knows how current day NHL is about these things. He'll drop em push comes to shove but no need for now.

-----

In response to Mabus. - I think Wings can win the matchups battle. They can't let this series go to game 7. If they do it's over. Win the next game and win game 5 in tampa and I think game 6 is ours. Tampa literally only has one line unlike last year where we had to worry about Stamkos' line. Both game 1 and 3 we dominated Tampa. The issue has been finishing our plays and not crashing the net and cashing in on rebounds. But by no means has Tampa been a great team. On paper they should be much much better than us even without Stamkos.

Edited by kickazz

Blashill is an idiot when it comes to AA. He makes no sense at all listening to this presser.

Maybe he was just keeping it quiet? No need to let the opposing team know your plans. Maybe not though, but you gotta think he can't be THAT stupid not to know AA deserves more ice time.

While I agree, the clutch saves by Mrazek late in the 3rd were the difference. Those are the kind of chances Howard has allowed in games 1 and 2 that killed the team.

Exactly. Pressure is not Jimmy Howard's friend it seems.