• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rhah

I hate Tyler Johnson

Rate this topic

Why does this guy's line have to tear the Wings up every year? (well, last year and this one... but I am sure its becoming a trend, just like Ben Bishop becoming the greatest goalie in the history of Hockey when he faces Detroit.).

Agreed 100%, something about his face makes me want to punch it, or see it punched. Reminds me of a Brad Marchand or Alex Burrows type, one of those spot-picking, non-stop chirping, pain in the @$$ guys that seems to particularly enjoy rubbing it in the faces of the opposing team and their fans. Too bad he wasn't the one Abby got a hold of to pound on at the end of game 2. Now that Blash is matching him up against that line, perhaps we will still get to see it. I'd go so far as to say all would be forgiven if Ericsson were to administer the beatdown.

I absolutely hate him. He's a pretty good player against anyone else, but against us he's a full blown elite superstar, on a consistent basis, in the playoffs and regular season. Not to mention he's a whining cry baby.

I have no issues at all with Ben Bishop though. He's really good against most teams.

Tyler Johnson is the Jim Thome of the NHL (any Tigers fans will get that reference).

I'm not a fan of Tyler Johnson either, but its more of a "ugh, he's always doing good things for his team and causing us to lose" hate. Jon Cooper on the other hand... I hope somebody "accidently" shoots the puck into the TB bench high and hard.

Agreed 100%, something about his face makes me want to punch it, or see it punched. Reminds me of a Brad Marchand or Alex Burrows type, one of those spot-picking, non-stop chirping, pain in the @$$ guys that seems to particularly enjoy rubbing it in the faces of the opposing team and their fans. Too bad he wasn't the one Abby got a hold of to pound on at the end of game 2. Now that Blash is matching him up against that line, perhaps we will still get to see it. I'd go so far as to say all would be forgiven if Ericsson were to administer the beatdown.

Didn't mention any of this in my post. But you literally took the words out of my mouth. Exactly spot on to how I feel.

He's quite small, about 5´8. One good hit from a defender has the chance to injure him. He hasn't got caught big yet though.

I think we got him last series. He hurt his hand, unsure if it was broken or some ligament damage. It was from a hit.

Agreed. We should bring Bertuzzi back to paralyze him.

If only Ericsson used all of his weight...

Or if Kronwall actually Kronwalled him. Not like we really need Kronwall as much anymore with the way DK and Marchenko stepped up. He might as well go back to decimating players and risk suspension.

Lol and I see what you did with the paralyzed comment.

Edited by kickazz

For me it's the whole Tampa Bay team. Every clean hit against them they cry. Every penalty called they whine and cry all the way to the box. Last nights game is a prime example. Tyler Johnson resurfaced the ice on the way to the box with tears both times he was penalized.

Tyler Johnson is what one or both of Nyquist and Tatar should be. I would gladly trade Nyquist + Tatar + their european cloak of invisibility for Tyler Johnson

The difference is that if it came down to it, Tyler Johnson is surrounded by big players that can protect him on ice. We have an Abdelkader. Johnson wouldn't work here as well as one might think.

Edited by kickazz