• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

ECQF Game 4 GDT : Tampa Bay Lightning at Red Wings, 7:00 EST

Rate this topic

I would really like to see AA play more. I was happy to read that Z wanted AA to play 18 minutes and he mentioned it to Blashill. Stubborn ass won't listen, though.I remember when Yzerman toldBowman to play Datsyuk more and he did.

I would really like to see AA play more. I was happy to read that Z wanted AA to play 18 minutes and he mentioned it to Blashill. Stubborn ass won't listen, though.I remember when Yzerman toldBowman to play Datsyuk more and he did.

Wish pav was flanked by Tatar and AA

Apparently Pulkkinen is being considered to be inserted into the lineup?... I'm not a huge fan of this unless he's replacing Andersson, and is used very little 5on5 and is strictly in to give the power-play a different look... I would rather it be Mantha, but that's obviously not going to happen... As much as I want Andersson as far away from this roster as possible, I'll admit, he had a decent game on Sunday and was a huge factor in setting up Athanasiou's goal. However, the main reason he was put in in the first place, was to help out the penalty kill and in faceoffs, and he has done very little of either. He should still be the odd man out... Pulkkinen with 7 minutes (4-5 on the power-play) >>> Andersson with 7 minutes (1 minute on the penalty kill)...

Apparently Pulkkinen is being considered to be inserted into the lineup?... I'm not a huge fan of this unless he's replacing Andersson, and is used very little 5on5 and is strictly in to give the power-play a different look... I would rather it be Mantha, but that's obviously not going to happen... As much as I want Andersson as far away from this roster as possible, I'll admit, he had a decent game on Sunday and was a huge factor in setting up Athanasiou's goal. However, the main reason he was put in in the first place, was to help out the penalty kill and in faceoffs, and he has done very little of either. He should still be the odd man out... Pulkkinen with 7 minutes (4-5 on the power-play) >>> Andersson with 7 minutes (1 minute on the penalty kill)...

I'm guessing Pulkinnen is being considered because the powerplay sucked last game and nobody else is willing to one-time the puck. Tired of seeing guys on the slot pussyfooting around with the puck.

I'm not even so sure it has to do with our players not willing to one-time the puck, I think it's the inability for any of our players to pass the puck... Every pass seems to be ahead or behind, never in the wheel house. I lost count of how many times Green and Richards were playing catch on that 5on3 last game, where not a single pass was close to the wheel house... Pulkkinen has a cannon but unless he is utilized properly, set up along the left half-boards, and we're able to feed him pucks, it will be a waste...

No changes tonight, wouldn't mind seeing AA get some powerplay time.

Abby, DO NOT wear any tape tonight. Fight Boyle. Win or lose, you must stand up to this guy. Let's call it the Probert rule. Kick his ass or get yours kicked, doesn't matter. You're tougher than he is anyway.

Edited by LeftWinger

He (Pulkkinen) has had 4 months to work on his shot setup. He's a midget but he's not stupid.

I am willing to assume he has done what he needs to stay in the league. He has the tool(s). If he clicks it could change things to the positive on the power play. I am all for letting him play if only only on the PP.

Edited by Jacksoni

Honestly if it's between Pulk and Mantha you go Mantha. Both aren't the best defensively, but at least Mantha brings more than one trick to the show. Mantha can score, has a big body and finds good positions on the ice. To play Pulkinnen over Mantha if you're needing offense is insane. It's like Andersson 2.0. Guy wasn't good enough to play most of the season but now in critical playoff games he's considered an option? Meh.