• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

ECQF Game 4 GDT : Tampa Bay Lightning at Red Wings, 7:00 EST

Rate this topic

I would keep Pulkkinen out of the lineup. Even if you want his shot on the power play, the main issue that our PP has is dealing with the pressure that Tampa brings on the PK. Nobody has time or space to get a shot off, and that was a personal issue for Pulkkinen in the regular season. I struggle to believe he will be the Wings' savior in this aspect, and add in the obligatory 20 turnovers that come off his stick and there's plenty of reason to kee him scratched. As unpopular as Anderson is here, I'd much rather be play than Pulkkinen.

As far as the power play goes, this one is on the coaching staff to work out. Tampa is bringing pressure with 4 guys. The Wings need to adapt a strategy that exploits that and gets the puck to the open man quickly. That means players without the puck showing hustle and actively skating to open lanes to become an option for the puck carrier, and that's exactly what I'll be looking for tonight. When they bring pressure to the defenseman at the point do we have a guy on the half wall skating to an open area of ice? Do we have someone filling in the ice the Tampa defender vacated in the slot to pressure our defensman? Are we using the boards and the back of the net as a pressure relief? We didn't do these things Sunday. We need to do them tonight.

Edited by Echolalia

As many of you know I call it like I see it. Tampa will come out ready for this one but it may not matter. Keep 41 on 9, keep giving AA more time and you'll win this.

3-2 OT AA, Helm, Abdlekader

Hedman, Filpulla

i see you call conspiracy theories. Is that what you see??

They won't give AA more time lol unless it's through PP. And we didn't play any other young guys like Mantha either. And we won with Ericsson. But you did see one thing right. 41 will be on 9 for sure.

Edited by kickazz

Dr. Echo seems to have the PP issues diagnosed well and poses a good solution. Fire Ferschweiler and hire him. The PP can't be any worse. Plus, get those passes in the wheelhouse as krsmith said.

I am spending the day at the hospital with my wife (minor outpatient procedure) then have a pit rehearsal at 5. I should be able to see the 2nd and 3rd. Here's looking at an evened series after tonight. Let's Go Wings! I have a feeling Pav is going to bust out tonight, and Abby will score one just to really tick off the Lightning.

Dr. Echo seems to have the PP issues diagnosed well and poses a good solution. Fire Ferschweiler and hire him. The PP can't be any worse. Plus, get those passes in the wheelhouse as krsmith said.

I am spending the day at the hospital with my wife (minor outpatient procedure) then have a pit rehearsal at 5. I should be able to see the 2nd and 3rd. Here's looking at an evened series after tonight. Let's Go Wings! I have a feeling Pav is going to bust out tonight, and Abby will score one just to really tick off the Lightning.

Hope the procedure goes well buddy. And indeed I hope Pav plays lights out. It may be his last game at the joe... Edited by kickazz

This seems as good a time as any to finally string together two solid efforts. Keeping the Johnson line at bay will obviously be key, and hopefully the PP finally shows up tonight. LGW.

If I was Cooper, I'd break that line up and sprinkle the talent to nullify our checking line. So it will be interesting come puckdrop to see what Tampa will conjure up and what Detroit's staff will counter with.

i see you call conspiracy theories. Is that what you see??

They won't give AA more time lol unless it's through PP. And we didn't play any other young guys like Mantha either. And we won with Ericsson. But you did see one thing right. 41 will be on 9 for sure.

Lol I call what I see on the ice bud no predicting those things.

It will be a complete shock if any lineup changes are made. Last game we got the matchups we wanted and the result was TB had all of seven shots on goal in the last two periods. Why would Blashill insert a guy who hasn't played in weeks and can't play a defensive game into the lineup after that performance?

Count on it -- we will roll the same lines, get the same matchups and AA will get the lowest or second-lowest amount of TOI. And even when we win again, LGRW will be filled with complaints about AA's ice time, Andersson dressing, line combos and so on.

This game will speak the truth about who and what we have in that dressing room, as well as where Blashill is after a season. Very disappointed in management lately. I imagine Holland is comfy but Bashill must be better. The coaching staff is no longer top tier, but wake up behind the bench a bit man.

Yzerman, on one knee, struggling with his stick to get up after every hit absorbed is what a Red Wing is. It's a level of respect for the jersey that these guys should have.

GOWINGS!!

Yzerman, on one knee, struggling with his stick to get up after every hit absorbed is what a Red Wing is. It's a level of respect for the jersey that these guys should have.

GOWINGS!!

Your always going to be disappointed. I've never seen another player with the heart Steve had in any sport. I really don't expect to see it again.

Edited by cupcrazy

I would be (pleasantly) surprised if they can string two efforts in a row as good as the last one. But I also don't think they need it in order to win - use the matchups we like and play largely mistake-free, and I see this being a close game that we can win. If we tie them up 2-2 and Abby keeps doing what he has been doing, we'll be in their heads in a powerful way. I think tonight's game may decide the series.

I agree that tonight's game will be a huge determining factor in the series. One big key I think will be to weather the storm. TB is going to come out with a mad-on and press hard early. If the Wings can hold them off, or better still, draw first blood and not get drawn into too much extracurricular activity, I like their chances. If Petr plays like he did in Game 3, the defense avoids an outbreak of cranial-posterior implant syndrome, and the PP clicks, we shall head back to Tampa evened up.