• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

vladdy16

ECQF Game 4 Post-GTD: Tampa Bay 3, at Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

How awesome would it be if, datsyuk really is done, and they don't have his cap hit, holland steals stamps from Yzerman? I would love that just because it would piss all thevtampa fans off. Or, what if holland resigns and Yzerman goes back to Detroit and takes stamer with him?

I just don't even know anymore. Hank and Pav both had amazing chances and dribbled weak wristers. Tatar can only hit targets over ten feet. And Larkin :( Tampa PP does the same crap over and over on their PP and it continually works.

Just don't lie down Thursday. Play it hard for Pav and hope he brings it too knowing this could be it. I won't expect it but it would be nice to see.

Can Granato take Fershweiler with him after the season? If this guy keeps his job its beyond me on how. TB's PP hasnt been effective before today but they at-least looked consistently dangerous. Im tired of seeing Detroit just stand around on the PP and wait for something to open up. TB has the right idea. They move it around and force something to open up and if theirs not something within 1-2 seconds they pass it or shoot. The only word I can find to describe Detroits PP is lazy.

Dats didnt look bad but he needs to produce. Its a shame his teammates played gutless hockey the first 39 minutes in his last home game.

Glad we have that PK stalwart Andersson dressed. Clearly made a huge impact tonight. Definitely more valuable than having Mantha out there potentially helping the disastrous power play.

Blashill is getting schooled this series. Hasn't made an adjustment all season on the power play and continues to expect declining veterans to bail the team out.

More than anything though, Ken Holland easily deserves the most blame. The deals for Ericsson and Abdelkader alone should be a fire able offense. Holland completely refuses to adapt and the Red Wings are stuck in mediocrity with no direction going forward.

The organization is getting what it deserves right now. Until they drop the stubbornness and commit to an actual philosophy besides just continuing a stupid playoff streak, then I fear there is plenty more frustration ahead.

How awesome would it be if, datsyuk really is done, and they don't have his cap hit, holland steals stamps from Yzerman? I would love that just because it would piss all thevtampa fans off. Or, what if holland resigns and Yzerman goes back to Detroit and takes stamer with him?

Why would Stamkos want to play for this team? We have a worse looking future than any other team in the division.

Edit. Except for Toronto. Unless they can swing Stamkos.

Edited by GMRwings1983

This one stings man. All came down to too many missed chances on even strength and continuing to be unable to convert on the PP. Dominated the third, but Errorsson had to take a penalty at the worst time and of course they convert on the PP for the third time in the game. What makes this 3-1 deficit suck the most is the Wings haven't been outplayed. It could easily be 3-1 for them right now. Mrazek was good again, but I think he could have had the third goal. Seemed like his skates got caught in the ice when he was trying to come across. Or he was too slow..but it looked weird.

Game 5 is now a must win in Tampa. It can be done, but they have to bury those chances and get the PP going and stop taking stupid penalties.

Atleast the loss lowered my blood pressure. Now I know we are going down instead of worrying about it.

I believe this team needs a new energetic captain for the next season. Larkin is too young but Abdelkader fits the bill nicely.

Now if we could somehow get Zetterberg, Kronwall and Ericsson to just retire, I'd be enthusiastic about this team again.

I really have to applaud Blashill. Despite tremendous evidence, facts and results he has not for one second strayed away from his strategies. Takes a lot of balls to get blown out in a series and still maintain that you know better than everyone else despite the outcomes time and time again. A first year coach no less. Takes a lot of balls. Or job security

Firing his ass and shipping out some underperforming vets would instill me with some confidence in Holland going forward. Kronwall, Ericsson and Quincey haven't had a good season by top 4 defense standards in 3 years. That's half your defense. Half your D can't have 'down' seasons and expect you to be a competent team

Ericsson was horrible tonight...Looks as though he belongs in the ECHL.

He's been terrible for quite some time and was still running off of the goodwill (in Kenny's mind) from years ago. Enough is enough of this guy. Dump him.