• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

vladdy16

ECQF Game 4 Post-GTD: Tampa Bay 3, at Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

couple notes

this team was a disappointment ALL season. dont know why being in the playoffs would change anything.

we were lucky to even make the playoffs. we made then just because the bruins sucked more than we did.

the reason we were in the race for the playoffs is because of larkin and mrzaek and they cooled off a lot

datsyuk is done. will be missed but his time is up. Z and kronwall cannot help this team much anymore. i dont care for the coach either hope hes done.

future is not looking good after this year. need to go hard for stamkos but why would he or any other caliber player want to come here

biggest problem. holland. he creates a team to make the playoffs not go deep

Vets are done, the question is what can the Wings get for Z and Kronner?

Sad Pasha's last game had to be a loss, guy deserved better. Average goaltending, no PP, defense and questionable defense...all things that needed a fix since years.

At least Tampa didn't sweep the Wings but massive changes need to happen in the off-season and I'm not talking about a new set of Taylor Made irons.Mr. I has to do a top to bottom analysis on this team and decide in the best interests going forward.

Hope the 2 more games were worth a better pick..

Yes, it's over. Get ready for even more dissatisfaction come draft and July 1.

Holland will not cut the garbage off this team. I am so happy for Pav.

This was most likely his last game at home. Who cares right? Z doesnt. Ericsson just played his last game if I had my way.

Need to play the youth. If they trot that same PP out there again I'm going to explode. What part of 10-24 with Mantha and 2-31 without him don't you understand. Holland let the guy coach, sit Ericsson bring Mantha into the line up. This is stupid

Couple things. The Wings pp is absolute garbage, which I blame coaching for. Also, the referees ruined the game for me. Inconsistency and absurdly weak calls. That's not to say the Wings didn't deserve to lose, I just don't enjoy watching games officiated like that and legitimately wonder if it's worth the frustration. Either way I feel like we're being out coached right now.

Ericsson was horrible tonight...Looks as though he belongs in the ECHL.

He does. There's a reason he was the very last player selected in his draft year, but Holland and co. just can't accept that he never should've been given the responsibilities of a top 4 d-man in this league. He simply doesn't have the skills to handle it, let alone on a night-in, night-out basis. But, like the rest of us already know, he'll be right back out there next game with not so much as a 'Hey Ericsson, would you mind not sucking it up tonight?' from the coaches.

I wish we would cut our losses and buy him out(as painful as that would be from a cap hit standpoint) and use some of that money towards something useful, like trying to get an honest to goodness #1 d-man

Quincey sucks just as bad as Ericsson

Team took a nose dive as soon as he returned from injury and defense hasn't played a decent game with him in the lineup these playoffs

The D sucked all series and the veterans on offense were equally trash. Problem there isn't enough great young guys to run a team

Guys that played a good series imo

Sheahan was really good, Larkin woke up eventually, Abby was a beast, he could be a key player in the playoffs with a competent team and Richards surprised me, could have been decent depth. Not really gonna cut it when more than two thirds of your lineup has been struggling since The deadline

Sounds like I'm the only one not willing to give Mrazek a pass for this game. The first goal was bad, and the last two goals may have been saveable if he didn't overplay the shooter like he always does. He almost gave up a few wraparounds to boot. Guy is way too wild in net.

Guys, it could be worse. We could end up with Holland, Blashill, Ericsson, Zetterberg and Kronwall all returning next season................

Plus seven more years of Abdelkader and Datsyuk's contract not going away when he bolts to Russia.

I don't trust Holland to make impactful moves anyways, but he basically just handcuffed himself regardless due to his own poor cap management.

If Granato wants to go, then go. Anyone and I mean anyone can see that 55-52 are slow as s***, and need smaller roles. You have guys that can take those roles like 65-2-47, and you refuse to ply them. Are you stupid, or blind? I don't get.

Sounds like I'm the only one not willing to give Mrazek a pass for this game. The first goal was bad, and the last two goals may have been saveable if he didn't overplay the shooter like he always does. He almost gave up a few wraparounds to boot. Guy is way too wild in net.

I'll give you the first one. It was slow motion.

Here's the kicker....The Swedes will all go out together tonight for drinks and spend some of their multi millions on the most expensive drinks like they didn't even play tonight. They'll probably invite Herman to tag along. Swedes care more about National play than they do the NHL.

This was last year's Detroit team with Brad Richards instead of Tomas Jurco, Mike Green instead of Marek Zidlicky, Dylan Larkin instead of Drew Miller, and Andreas Athanasiou instead of Landon Ferraro.

And they're playing a Tampa team that doesn't have Stamkos, Stralman, or J.T. Brown - all of whom played last season.

Oh, but Detroit also has a new coaching staff.... which more than cancels out both rosters moving in directions (for this series) that favor Detroit heavily.

Its amazing everyone is calling for Blashills head. Same thing was said about Babs after his first year when the Wings bombed out 5 times harder than this year. Good thing nobody listened to the fans then.

Don't want Blash fired, but he has been a huge disappointment for me. I was stoked when he got the job, but he has become Babcock without actually being able to coach like Babs.

A part of me feels/hopes Blashill is just taking orders from Holland. We all know how much this organization overvalues the playoff streak.

I'm willing to give Blashill next season to try and establish more of his own identity and system. Which sure as hell better fully involve the young guys getting and keeping larger roles.

Edited by GoWings1905

I said the same thing in the GDT but Mrazek is the golden boy of the board right now. First was real bad. 2nd he overplayed. Third he was out to far on what he thought was gonna be a shot and had to go to far to try and cover it leaving no chance to get to the deflection. If Howard was in net and made the same saves and allowed the same goals all this thread would be full of is how Howard cant make the big save and is poor going side to side.

Yes, it's over. Get ready for even more dissatisfaction come draft and July 1.

Holland will not cut the garbage off this team. I am so happy for Pav.

This was most likely his last game at home. Who cares right? Z doesnt. Ericsson just played his last game if I had my way.

This team is stale, needs some changes for sure in the offseason. This is a 7 game series and if someone could coach up the PP a bit we win the game tonight. The best move Holland made at the deadline was not making a move. People ***** when he trades prospects away, they ***** when he doesn't. This team probably wasn't good enough to make it anywhere even with a trade so not making a trade helps us moving forward with saved draft picks and prospects. Cut the garbage? There is a salary cap, you can't just send guys do the Siberian dog sled league for no reason. It's time to redefine some roles for sure. Z is a 2/3rd liner, Kronwall is 4/5 d man. Ericsson is so confusing, garbage in game 1 and 2, played great in 3, played like trash for half the game tonight and then he was fine. That type of inconsistency can go, his time can be done. I agree.

Here's the kicker....The Swedes will all go out together tonight for drinks and spend some of their multi millions on the most expensive drinks like they didn't even play tonight. They'll probably invite Herman to tag along. Swedes care more about National play than they do the NHL.

This could be the dumbest comment of all times considering everything that Swedish players have done for this club...

It's obvious Holland controls who gets the icetime. We're not even coaches and we can see who deserves more and less ice. Holland needs "his" players playing.

If he doesn't trade Pav's contract I'm going to kick him in the balls a piss in his rice krispies.

Don't you know it's all Howard's fault...

3 third round exits in a row..maybe that's another streak? Watching Blues Chicago is like watching a much better league not just team

Btw. Strip Z of the C it's Pasha's last game and that's the effort? Wow. Go with A's next season and see which Of the young guns emerges as the new leader.

Edited by frankgrimes