• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Ouellet recalled from GR

Rate this topic

Ouellet missed a couple games last week, but I know he played the last game of the season on Saturday. So yes, he is healthy...

I'm kind of surprised to see you say that of all people Matt. Especially with how high you are on Smith...

I look at it from an "all around" capability. We have more than enough defensemen that can only play defense. Defensive defensemen are highly overrated in my opinion. I want a defenseman that can skate and move the puck efficiently, not a guy that can block shots because he gets hemmed in his own zone all game...

Ouellet missed a couple games last week, but I know he played the last game of the season on Saturday. So yes, he is healthy...

I'm kind of surprised to see you say that of all people Matt. Especially with how high you are on Smith...

I look at it from an "all around" capability. We have more than enough defensemen that can only play defense. Defensive defensemen are highly overrated in my opinion. I want a defenseman that can skate and move the puck efficiently, not a guy that can block shots because he gets hemmed in his own zone all game...

Nope. We have 1.

I know not many (if any) will agree with me here, but I think, Sproul > Ouellet > Marchenko...

The problem is all 3 will be pretty much rookies next year and out of waivers , if all 3 stick with the wings it's gonna be a long season, that's why I was pushing for more playing time from the kids

Really hating the way holland/Blashill are running stuff of late , at this point wouldnt surprise me if we kept Ericsson and resigned Quincey and got rid of sproul and lose one of ouellet/marchenko

Swear if we could "overripe" these kids longer they'd be in Grand Rapids for another 3 years

The problem is all 3 will be pretty much rookies next year and out of waivers , if all 3 stick with the wings it's gonna be a long season, that's why I was pushing for more playing time from the kids

Really hating the way holland/Blashill are running stuff of late , at this point wouldnt surprise me if we kept Ericsson and resigned Quincey and got rid of sproul and lose one of ouellet/marchenko

Swear if we could "overripe" these kids longer they'd be in Grand Rapids for another 3 years

Marchenko played 66 games this year. He's not a rookie.

Wings had 250 games played by rookies this year (including Pulk, not technically a rookie, but basically). If we'd been playing kids any more than we already have been in recent years, it would've been the exact thing you think you're complaining about.

Marchenko played 66 games this year. He's not a rookie.

Wings had 250 games played by rookies this year (including Pulk, not technically a rookie, but basically). If we'd been playing kids any more than we already have been in recent years, it would've been the exact thing you think you're complaining about.

250 games but for what? Like 5-6 guys?

66 games is hardly gonna make marchenko a grizzled vet though, he'll still make mistakes ... My complaint was how I always wanted to slowly put in some rookies and give them playing time to learn before the next batch came in

Athanasiou had played what ? 30+ games? But low minutes so for me he's still gonna be a it behind next year than he should be as Will mantha, ouellet,sproul and whomever comes .... Anyways we'll see what happens

I think we should be looking to package one of the them in a trade, and my choice would be Marchenko. I think he has the highest trade value and yet the lowest ceiling of the three... Keep Ouellet and Sproul on the roster as our number 6/7...

Marchenko has been pretty solid though , need some stability in the back end even though he won't put up big numbers .... I'd personally rather get rid of Ericsson and Quincey but I doubt Ericsson will go anywhere ... And I'm guessing we trade a Tatar/nyquist for an upgrade in the back end so maybe we will have to lose one of the 3 kids

Not that smith has high trade value but any chance with how good he's been these 2 games we ship him with say a nyquist? Could get us a pretty solid dman I would think

I agree that Marchenko is pretty solid, but that's all he is. To me, he's just a filler, not much better than Lashoff was for us a few years ago...

Smith is a "pretty solid defenseman" and should not be the one shipped out if we're looking for an upgrade.

I agree that Marchenko is pretty solid, but that's all he is. To me, he's just a filler, not much better than Lashoff was for us a few years ago...

Smith is a "pretty solid defenseman" and should not be the one shipped out if we're looking for an upgrade.

All they need to do is bring in one more impact offensive guy and the core is good IMO

DK-marchy

Kronwall-yandle

Smith-green

All pretty mobile, not big but all pretty good puck movers with yandle and green being elite puck movers

250 games but for what? Like 5-6 guys?

66 games is hardly gonna make marchenko a grizzled vet though, he'll still make mistakes ... My complaint was how I always wanted to slowly put in some rookies and give them playing time to learn before the next batch came in

Athanasiou had played what ? 30+ games? But low minutes so for me he's still gonna be a it behind next year than he should be as Will mantha, ouellet,sproul and whomever comes .... Anyways we'll see what happens

That is exactly what has been happening. For the last several years we've been slowly moving in young guys. Marchenko and Larkin basically full-time this year, plus Pulk and AA for a good bit, plus spot time for Mantha, Ferraro, Ouellet, and Nosek, plus Mrazek is still inexperienced. Last year was the first full year from Sheahan and Jurco, Pulk for another fair amount, Ouellet and Marchenko for a bit, Mrazek for a while, spot time for a few more, year before that was the first full year for Dekeyser, Tatar and Nyquist (not quite a full year), plus Sheahan and Jurco for decent time, plus a few others here and there...

Yeah, you don't want to have too many guys with too little experience next year, but your solution is that we should have had too many guys with too little experience this year, or the year before, or whatever.

We've had a lot of young players stick with the team over a short period of time, and some that didn't stick, and even more to come. No way to do that without at times having an inexperienced roster.

I think we should be looking to package one of the them in a trade, and my choice would be Marchenko. I think he has the highest trade value and yet the lowest ceiling of the three... Keep Ouellet and Sproul on the roster as our number 6/7...

Trouble is, no one would trade for him. Stable defensive defensemen are a dime a dozen.

Some small tidbits that struck me when Oullet played for the Wings late last season were..

-The game seemed to go to fast for him at that point. Mind you it was over a year ago.

-He didn't know the Red Wings defensive system, particularly on the possession side of things.

-Tended to get the puck skating backwards. Which is not all his fault (positioning and flow) but it's always less favorable than getting it on a stride forwards. He could have positioned himself better.

+Good individual skills and composure, would not be rattled, be it for hit or aggressive forecheck.

++Showed hesitant but excellent tendencies of breakout skills and puck handling abilities - you could see that he has a high ceiling.

I haven't followed the Griffins as much as some folks in here so I really don't know how he has progressed. If anyone that has want to voice in on this I would very much welcome it.

Edited by Jacksoni