• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

ECQF Game 5 GDT : Red Wings at Tampa Bay Lightning, 7:00 EST

Rate this topic

God Z is useless. Getting outplayed by Andersson with an easier assignment. This is a new low for the Red Wings watching him adjust as the Dan Cleary of unearned ice time

Playoffs is where everyone digs deeper and back checks and we got guys who physically can't. 50/50 puck goes in the corner and Z doesn't even attempt to go after it

I think Z's problem is he has so many people around him that respect him so much he thinks his play has been satisfactory

Edited by joesuffP

The problem with the PP and just their offensive play in general is confidence. The old men have no confidence in their abilities to exploit a gap or make a quick play so they just turn back and make the safe play... Let someone else drive play. The PP looks like a lot of guys who don't want the puck because they know they'll screw up

The worst part about this series is that Tampa isn't even very good or playing well

My 8 year old daughter skates and works harder in her hockey games in comparison to Z!

Blame the coaches who still force him into roles that he physically cannot handle anymore. They treat Z like a first line center. His decline is only more noticeable like Kronwall's because they both play way too much.

Blame the coaches who still force him into roles that he physically cannot handle anymore. They treat Z like a first line center. His decline is only more noticeable like Kronwall's because they both play way too much.

Nicely said but, they both should man-up and say something for the better of the team.

I understand the frustration - believe me, I really, really do - but let's not use the GDT to discuss individual players at length. Start a thread about it I beg of you. A comment or two, especially as to their performance in this particular game, is great. Harping on something means it needs a thread or you to fixate on something else.

So go with three A's? Kronwall, Datsyuk if he's still around, and Z would probably get the last one. Still no further ahead. lol

I dont really know. Just because youre a veteran doesnt make you a leader. when i think of a captain i think of a guy who gets everyone hyped up in the locker room when their down/before a big game. can make a huge play to get a team back in a game.

i always thought Z was a quiet guy kind of a lead by example guy like most captains in the NHL. but he cant lead by example anymore. like lids he was quiet but he led by example. he made the big play when needed up until the day he retired.