• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

ECQF Game 5 GDT : Red Wings at Tampa Bay Lightning, 7:00 EST

Rate this topic

Ive just gotten home, havent listened to the game at all. How have the wings been playing? Is Bishop standing on his head or has he not been tested much?

Bishop hasn't had to move. Some great chances for the Wings, but no puck luck. 2 posts, shooting low. Checking of any kind for the Wings seems to have been forbidden by the coach. Tampa doing really well on backchecking. Wings taking too long to shoot.

People can criticize the Wings all the want, but the 6'7 Bishop is the only reason why Tampa is up 3-1. Someone needs to check if Bishop is part gorilla. There's no room for our guys to score. Why do we get stuck playing these guys 2 years in a row?

If they make him move side to side he is weak. The problem is they aren't skilled enough to create those opportunities. Everything is straight on where his size is the difference.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Bishop hasn't had to move. Some great chances for the Wings, but no puck luck. 2 posts, shooting low. Checking of any kind for the Wings seems to have been forbidden by the coach. Tampa doing really well on backchecking. Wings taking too long to shoot.

The wings seemed to stop checking in game 4

I wonder if the league warned both teams. Way to take entertainment value away

If they make him move side to side he is weak. The problem is they aren't skilled enough to create those opportunities. Everything is straight on where his size is the difference.

Agree but moving a goalie (especially on the PP) means you set up one-timers. That has not been the Wings philosophy since Scotty B was the coach. Babs and Blashill focus on screening the goalie and trying to tip in the puck. Seems to be working for Tampa and Cootch-eroff though.

Just saw the first period on PVR. That 2 man advantage confirmed my belief that this coaching staff is incompetent. Green had at least 5 chances to one time it and he refused. What was he thinking? What more could he want? Now I know why Washington didn't want him. Z is done- way too many mistakes by him. He needs to step up, not down. Too late for him, sadly.

I don't know what the trick is for Bishop or big goalies in general. Usually it's the large 5 hole, but we've tried that a number of times...

Good puck movement and quick shots! Also, need to get bodies to the net and grind out an ugly rebound

Dude lost 22 games this season, but the Wings don't generally play that way

Edited by Wing-in-avs-town

Story of the postseason has and continues to be missed opportunities. One 5 on 3, three breakaways, two posts, and zero goals is absolutely unacceptable, especially in an elimination game.

I think they have had 2 5 on 3s haha

Edit: if you meant in the series

Edited by MTU_Huskies963