• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

I Hate Jeff Blashill because ...

Rate this topic

- He keeps shoving Ericsson down our throats (just found out he was on the ice on the winning goal, surprise surprise)

- he's too much a chicken s*** and rely's way too much on the veterans than trust in the kids (athanasiou got a giant 5 minutes again )

- he bulls***s the fans with his excuses for sending down mantha to keep anderson(who played 2 minutes) and said our powerplay would be ok without him ... We got zero goals I believe

- he was too stupid to realize mrazek gave us the best chance at winning this series , when a lot of us here said mrazek should of started game 1

I just hate this coach , which is surprising cause I thought I was gonna love him... He's turned out to be a big mistake , we don't need a safe coach , who's stubborn and refuses to play our best players just because and ... We all saw how horrible our powerplay was ... That 5 on 3 ... Atrocious , he needs to answer to that

Anyways keep the Blashill love going ... Why do you guys him ...

Not playing Mantha, limiting AA, not being able to coach a decent PP with the individual skill of some of our guys, having a stupid look on his face all the time, not putting Kronwall and Ericsson to the bottom pairing, for likely playing coldplay in the locker room to rally the team

I don't hate him, but he consistently did things that made us worse throughout the year. HOWEVER, we did make the playoffs, and he gets some credit for that. But we needed to play the kids more, and not rely on aging (and broken) veterans. I hope he does a lot of soul searching in the offseason and coaches the way he did in GR that made him successful, and not trying to be Little Mike. Mantha and AA have to be in the top 9 next year, Marchenko and Ouellet need to be in the lineup every night. Mrazek has to be the starter.

I don't hate him, but he consistently did things that made us worse throughout the year. HOWEVER, we did make the playoffs, and he gets some credit for that. But we needed to play the kids more, and not rely on aging (and broken) veterans. I hope he does a lot of soul searching in the offseason and coaches the way he did in GR that made him successful, and not trying to be Little Mike. Mantha and AA have to be in the top 9 next year, Marchenko and Ouellet need to be in the lineup every night. Mrazek has to be the starter.

I never really watched him in GR but would you be able to explain his style/system a little bit when he was there?

Don't hate Blash, but I am about done with Holland.

I think Blash is somewhat handcuffed by Holland's atrocious contracts and mentality of the organization to always let veteran players run the show.

I'm hoping next season will be very different. It's going to be ugly regardless due to Holland's cap management, but maybe it will finally be a full transition to letting the young guys loose.

Hate ? Cmon man, are you like 12? The guy is a hockey coach. He got out coached big time and has a lot to learn at this level but at the end of the day he's just a dude and dudes make mistakes.

You don't think Henry VIII or Ivan the Terrible would have him executed?

He got us into the playoffs. That's the same thing Babcock managed to do in his last year with almost an identical roster. He obviously has a lot to learn and I think he is our best option moving forward - he's certainly smarter than anyone on these forums when it comes to hockey decisions, and I trust him to make the right calls.

The only thing I found disappointing with Blashill this year was that he didn't seem to show a lot of respect to fans or media who had questions about his coaching decisions. The Andersson/Mantha debate is an excellent example - he told media people who asked that Andersson was being brought up to fill a grinder role on the PK and play physical minutes. Andersson ended up playing only a few minutes per game, and almost none on special teams.

Now, if Blashill had come out and said "I want Andersson up because I like his play better than Mantha's" I would have respected that and moved on. I disagree, but I'm not an NHL-caliber coach.

Instead, he fed the media some PR-firm line about grit and dismissed the legitimate question with something that obviously wasn't true. If he had pulled the "Because I'm the coach and I say so" card, I honestly wouldn't mind. But at least be honest with people who want to know why things are the way they are. Fans and media deserve that respect from their coach.

That being said, I hope he is back next year. The difference between our team's play in Game 2 to Game 3 was entirely due to his being able to capitalize on home ice match-ups. That game showed me, and should have shown everyone, how much his coaching mattered. He still has a lot of room to grow, but I think he can be an extremely valuable strength for this team moving forward, assuming he takes away a lot from this season.

Don't hate Blash, but I am about done with Holland.

I think Blash is somewhat handcuffed by Holland's atrocious contracts and mentality of the organization to always let veteran players run the show.

I'm hoping next season will be very different. It's going to be ugly regardless due to Holland's cap management, but maybe it will finally be a full transition to letting the young guys loose.

Holland had no say in Blashill giving athanasiou 5 minutes ... That's him being a chicken s*** and playing it safe

It's game 7 and we couldnt score and he couldn't give 2 s***s ... Played it safe till the end , if he keeps going this way He's not gonna last s long time , at least id hope not

Hate ? Cmon man, are you like 12? The guy is a hockey coach. He got out coached big time and has a lot to learn at this level but at the end of the day he's just a dude and dudes make mistakes.

11 .... He's just a dude who made many mistakes who out coached himself ....at the end of the day he himself is a mistake

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

Gotta admit I wasn't a fan of his work this season. Just about every player on the team performed worse compared to last year's individual stats. Mrazek played on his head for half the season and Larkin played on his head for half the season, and I think those two factors are what got the Wings to the playoffs. I haven't seen anything particularly impressive from coaching all season long. I guess he has a long summer to do some homework on how to be an effective NHL coach and Holland to maybe grab some fresh blood, but I'm not particularly excited with the state of this team right now.

I never really watched him in GR but would you be able to explain his style/system a little bit when he was there?

Kind of like Babs system in the prime years, but a lot faster and more physical. The D would jump into the rush and counterattack more often. Those teams just looked... creative. I think personnel plays a factor here, but to make no adjustments to the PP units and abandon the young guys was just a mistake. He coached them in GR and they helped him win games, I'm surprised he didn't trust them more. Then again, a 1st year coach maybe bends to the whims of the vets in the room. We'll never know, but he's only got up from here to go as a coach, because if he gets any worse the clock starts ticking.

He got us into the playoffs. That's the same thing Babcock managed to do in his last year with almost an identical roster. He obviously has a lot to learn and I think he is our best option moving forward - he's certainly smarter than anyone on these forums when it comes to hockey decisions, and I trust him to make the right calls.

The only thing I found disappointing with Blashill this year was that he didn't seem to show a lot of respect to fans or media who had questions about his coaching decisions. The Andersson/Mantha debate is an excellent example - he told media people who asked that Andersson was being brought up to fill a grinder role on the PK and play physical minutes. Andersson ended up playing only a few minutes per game, and almost none on special teams.

Now, if Blashill had come out and said "I want Andersson up because I like his play better than Mantha's" I would have respected that and moved on. I disagree, but I'm not an NHL-caliber coach.

Instead, he fed the media some PR-firm line about grit and dismissed the legitimate question with something that obviously wasn't true. If he had pulled the "Because I'm the coach and I say so" card, I honestly wouldn't mind. But at least be honest with people who want to know why things are the way they are. Fans and media deserve that respect from their coach.

That being said, I hope he is back next year. The difference between our team's play in Game 2 to Game 3 was entirely due to his being able to capitalize on home ice match-ups. That game showed me, and should have shown everyone, how much his coaching mattered. He still has a lot of room to grow, but I think he can be an extremely valuable strength for this team moving forward, assuming he takes away a lot from this season.

Yaaaa don't know about that , literally every single decision he made was a total flop and most of the fans here disagreed with every single thing he did/said and kept repeating the same mistakes every game , and every single game most of us bitched

Bitched about ericsson and he refused to take him out ... Ericsson was on the ice on the eliminating goal ... He kept his persistent stubbornness till the end

And like you mentioned he took the fans and media for idiots ,when he was in fact the only idiot in the room... I truly believe if it weren't for him and his baffling decisions we'd be getting ready for game 6

Anyways I'm just venting here , I know Unfortunetly he will be back , the only chance of redeeming himself is trusting the youth and the way he's treated athanasiou there's no reason to think mantha won't get the 5-6 minutes a night treatment next season as well

I don't hate Blashill, I just question if he has what it takes to coach an NHL team.

PP was 1 for 24. HOLY CRAP. What do you do? Send Mantha down! :withstupid:

Still, any hatred should be reserved for Ken Holland. What a dumpster fire he has created.

Because he says stupid meaningless stuff like this after every game (including the last):

“I thought our guys played really well, we just couldn’t find a way to find the back of the net, obviously,” Blashill said. “You can say whatever you want, but in all four losses, it was tied in third period. The power play wasn’t good enough. When you put yourselves in position to win hockey games, you gotta win them.”

Because he was hired because of his reputation with our young talent, but then he wasted a year not developing our young talent, killing our old talent by depending on them for everything, failing to improve and make accountable our medium age talent, and didn't benching those without talent.

Because he works for Kenny Holland, the most over hyped "genius" in any sport.

Because we will waste another year with him before realizing he is not the guy to lead this team.

Gotta admit I wasn't a fan of his work this season. Just about every player on the team performed worse compared to last year's individual stats. Mrazek played on his head for half the season and Larkin played on his head for half the season, and I think those two factors are what got the Wings to the playoffs. I haven't seen anything particularly impressive from coaching all season long. I guess he has a long summer to do some homework on how to be an effective NHL coach and Holland to maybe grab some fresh blood, but I'm not particularly excited with the state of this team right now.

bingo. i was thrilled heading into last season, now i'm the exact opposite for 2016. literally everyone regressed aside from who you mentioned.