• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Official 2016 Detroit Red Wings Offseason Thread

Rate this topic

As much as I want Stamkos, these bottom feeder teams like Toronto are going to offer insane contracts to him and I don't know if we should be breaking the bank on one player. Part of me wants him but part of me would rather go after a top defensman and a upgrade at forward in free agency or trade instead. Edited by Datsyukian-Deke

As much as I want Stamkos, these bottom feeder teams like Toronto are going to offer insane contracts to him and I don't know if we should be breaking the bank on one player. Part of me wants him but part of me would rather go after a top defensman and a upgrade at forward in free agency or trade instead.

I was going to say, to bring him would mean for us to make a major move, you'd pretty much will have to readapt your whole team around him. Yet with Pav going and Z slowing down a first center seems a must as well.

Moving Dats contract may not seem too bad, but on the other hand Howard's might be just the opposite.

Would love to see Stamkos in the Winged Wheel, but I just cannot see it happening for 1 reason, or another.

Is there a Dman available that would equal the calibre of Stamkos?

Not on Stamkos' level no. But if we could swing a trade for Trouba and sign Okposo or a similar forward, that Imo would be better than signing Stamkos. This team isn't one player from a cup unfortunately.

I have a feeling everyone but DeKeyser, Mrazek, Larkin and Sheahan (we don't do sign and trades) and Z are available. There was a story about how Holland is planning a huge summer. Putting that word out on the street sends the message to everyone that he wants to wheel and deal, which to me means almost everyone is on the table.

Heard McGuire on the radio mention that the oilers and bluejackets are shopping the pick aggressively and don't be surprised to see Columbus trade it as they are wanna be aggressive and get into the playoffs

I know defense is our #1 priority but Would anyone consider a Tatar + nyquist + marchenko for the 3rd overall pick and maybe throw something else and maybe get a defensemen they might have to offer not named Jones werenski Murray ?

Can't imagine Tatar nyquist saad Jenner foligno Dubinsky wouldn't be enough to be serious contenders for the playoffs

We can then maybe sign a okposo and radulov as well

Anyways I know this has a 0% chance of happening and our #1 priority is and should be defence but it would be nice to add a 3rd overall pick and add pulhaarjvi with Larkin athanasiou mantha svechnikov

Maybe one of mantha/svechnikov would then be expendable and help us land a dman

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

Stamkos would be an incredible game changer for this team. He covers not only a 1C slot that we have open but he's also a goal scorer. Something we haven't had since the days Z, Hossa scored 40 goals in 08 and 09 respectively. Which was also the last time we went to the finals.

All in all, I'd say Tampa, Toronto have a better shot at having him followed by Wings and Buffalo.

Edited by kickazz

Stamkos would be an incredible game changer for this team. He covers not only a 1C slot that we have open but he's also a goal scorer. Something we haven't had since the days Z, Hossa scored 40 goals in 08 and 09 respectively. Which was also the last time we went to the finals.

All in all, I'd say Tampa, Toronto have a better shot at having him followed by Wings and Buffalo.

Apparently Montreal's going hard after him too

Yeah but cmon it's Montreal. Stamkos grew up a Maple Leafs fan didn't he? He probably hated that team xD

Also with the cap potentially going up I'm starting to lean more towards Tampa being able to re-sign him.

Edited by kickazz

Heard McGuire on the radio mention that the oilers and bluejackets are shopping the pick aggressively and don't be surprised to see Columbus trade it as they are wanna be aggressive and get into the playoffs

I know defense is our #1 priority but Would anyone consider a Tatar + nyquist + marchenko for the 3rd overall pick and maybe throw something else and maybe get a defensemen they might have to offer not named Jones werenski Murray ?

Can't imagine Tatar nyquist saad Jenner foligno Dubinsky wouldn't be enough to be serious contenders for the playoffs

We can then maybe sign a okposo and radulov as well

Anyways I know this has a 0% chance of happening and our #1 priority is and should be defence but it would be nice to add a 3rd overall pick and add pulhaarjvi with Larkin athanasiou mantha svechnikov

Maybe one of mantha/svechnikov would then be expendable and help us land a dman

I've never been a fan of trading away guaranteed starters for a high draft pick that isn't a guarantee. Not the roll of the dice this team needs.

So... anyone looking forward to an eventful offseason, well we may be s*** out of luck. Don't know how to quote tweets, but I'll just write them out. John Shannon of Sportsnet just said this:

"Told that Datsyuk's contract will be terminated for anticipatory breach and he will be free to sign a new contract in Russia."

"Because of Datsyuk's age, there will be a cap hit associated with his contract -- full cap hit because it's a 35 plus contract."

If that is correct, we can no longer trade the contract because there won't be a contract. Tomorrow just got a whole lot more interesting, if we can't shed Pav's contract, we won't be able to make any moves at all.

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

Not to be that guy BUT... Stamkos>Richards

Maybe, but Richards isn't chopped liver either. He's a two time cup winner and a Conn Smyth winner who put up 90+ points on two occasions in his career.

Anways, Holland already said Fedorov's number is in consideration for retirement.

So... anyone looking forward to an eventful offseason, well we may be s*** out of luck. Don't know how to quote tweets, but I'll just write them out. John Shannon of Sportsnet just said this:

"Told that Datsyuk's contract will be terminated for anticipatory breach and he will be free to sign a new contract in Russia."

"Because of Datsyuk's age, there will be a cap hit associated with his contract -- full cap hit because it's a 35 plus contract."

If that is correct, we can no longer trade the contract because there won't be a contract. Tomorrow just got a whole lot more interesting, if we can't shed Pav's contract, we won't be able to make any moves at all.

You've got to be kidding. They decided to terminate the contract?! And if so, is it because he wants to play in Russia? I'm confused.

Edited by kickazz