• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Official 2016 Detroit Red Wings Offseason Thread

Rate this topic

The same argument could be applied to Detroit. Lets hope he doesn't value the city to highly as Toronto would win in a landslide compared to the other two.

one thing Buffalo doesn't have is the 25 year streak and franchise history. That should be enough reason to rank Detroit higher than the rest. But I'm biased ;)

Buffalo hasn't qualified for playoffs in 5 years and last year they managed to finish 2 spots higher than the year before. From worst to 3rd worst.

GREAT PROGRESS!

I see Stamkos singing "started from the bottom" as he joins the Sabres.

Edited by kickazz

Honestly, no problem with the Miller signing. Guessing it means Helm is testing the market. The rumor (based on a HSJ article, so who knows) was that he was the priority, and once he made his intentions clear, Miller could sign. I'd prefer Miller on the fourth line than Helm taking up a spot in the top-six (or even top-nine, for that matter).

I don't see this having as big of an impact on guys like AA, Mantha, Jurco and Pulkkinen as some people think. One of them was already getting pushed into a fourth-line/healthy scratch role. Z, Abby, Nyquist, Larkin, Tatar and Sheahan are locks for the top-nine, leaving three spots for those four guys. One had/has to get bumped down a line. Not to mention, adding a skilled UFA forward will knock them down further. Miller doesn't have an impact on that, unless you feel they should be used on the fourth line.

The one negative impact I could see is him taking up a spot on the PK, where AA could get some extra minutes in. Although, part of the issue there (IMO) is the way Blashill utilized Abdelkader last season. I'd much prefer to see Sheahan-AA and Glendening-Miller used on the PK, but I guess we'll see.

Edited by Jesusberg

I think I'd go $11m as a highest offer for Stamkos. Maybe bonuses for goals and points, playoffs, Cup.

Performance bonuses are only allowed for either entry-level or 1-year contracts for players 35+ or those coming off LTIR, so Stamkos isn't getting any of those no matter where he signs.

This has probably been mentioned, but Andy Strickland has refuted the report that says the asking price for Shattenkirk is Larkin.

https://twitter.com/andystrickland/status/747171869145575424

The report the #stlblues asking for Dylan Larkin for Kevin Shattenkirk is humorous and untrue

HSJ and Khan have suggested/stated the asking price for Shattenkirk is Larkin. Because, like I've said, if you're getting your info from Detroit media, then the asking price for any and every high-end player is always our best young player.

Ya I was already thinking Howard will end up there no doubt , no way we will find a taker , on,y option is Dallas but we'd have to take niemi back

Was looking at possible players that might go to Vegas and I suspect players like Matt moulson, read, Howard and a few others I forget might go .... Point is bettmans big plan to make Vegas competitive will backfire big time

Minnesota has dumb/brodin they might lose to Vegas that are or will be available and Ryan Ellis from the preds ... Maybe we should target one of those if we can't land trouba

So, CBS Sports did a mock expansion draft of sorts and picked Howard for the new Vegas team.

Ken better move him this summer before we get nothing.

source

He isn't worth anything. His contract basically gives him little value. Getting rid of the contract itself would be a huge deal for this team. I'd be ecstatic to see us getting a 5th rounder for him in all honesty.

$12M for Stamkos (young superstar) is a lot of money but KH might not have a choice than to match Buffalo's offer. Stamkos is still young and once again, he's a superstar. Even with Dats we were looking for top six forward and now its a MUST

I agree, disgruntled as it's a LOT of money. But we need a 1C. Pay up if that's what it takes.

So, CBS Sports did a mock expansion draft of sorts and picked Howard for the new Vegas team.

source

Vegas taking him would be a blessing. Only way Detroit gets rid of him is if they take part of his contract or takes another contract back. This way hes gone clean. I doubt they take him though. Especially if he craps the bed again this year. There will be quite a few good goalies available for them to choose from.

Edited by GoalieManPat

Getting rid of Howard would be a lot like Chicago ridding themselves of Bickell. Holland would have to give up a player of value. Howard is a guy why will be lucky to be a career backup once his current deal expires (assuming his next 3 years are anything like his last 2). If we're lucky, he can be offloaded to a team for cheap during the season when a team has injury problems at the position.

source

just getting rid of that albatross contract is something. I don't think a team would take a bag of pucks for him right now

source

Because of his cap-hit, getting rid of his contract and not eating any of his salary is a giant win for us. I hope that happens. This would be close to a best case scenario.

i would hope that stamkos wouldnt just look for the money and realize between us and Buf he would be better fitted here as much as Echel is a big deal there i feel like we are the ones that can say you have 1C open to you and you alone you also have the A and down the line you can wear the C you will be the star and the one everyone goes to to get this team motivated you will have Larkin Z AA Tats Abby Goose Mantha all of which will help you continue to be sucessful not to mention the chance of making the playoffs and making a strong run id still make it intresting though and match the offer just to put the cherry on top