• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Official 2016 Detroit Red Wings Offseason Thread

Rate this topic

Bruins to offer sheet Trouba? Apparently so. Geesh, what a terrible idea. It'll cost them between 7-8 million dollars a year and 4 first round draft picks. For a guy who's all potential at this point. Yikes.

http://www.csnne.com/boston-bruins/Source-Boston-Bruins-preparing-offer-sheet-for-Winnipeg-Jets-D-man-Jacob-Trouba

What kind of data could they use to make those odds, it makes no sense.

I'm definitely getting excited but I have realistic expectations. Not like I was with Suter. I was pretty much set on him being part of the team for half a year. Feels like we've had rotten luck since then

Bruins to offer sheet Trouba? Apparently so. Geesh, what a terrible idea. It'll cost them between 7-8 million dollars a year and 4 first round draft picks. For a guy who's all potential at this point. Yikes.

http://www.csnne.com/boston-bruins/Source-Boston-Bruins-preparing-offer-sheet-for-Winnipeg-Jets-D-man-Jacob-Trouba

Don Sweeney is doing some nutty stuff so far into his GM tenure, I'd like Trouba but not via offer sheet. Cheveldayoff better get a barn rental in northern Manitoba so he and Sweeney can settle things the way Brian Burke wanted too back in 2007 :lol:

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

What kind of data could they use to make those odds, it makes no sense.

I'm definitely getting excited but I have realistic expectations. Not like I was with Suter. I was pretty much set on him being part of the team for half a year. Feels like we've had rotten luck since then

Like I said, take with a grain of salt.

Its all speculation based on what teams can spend, and what inside sources are telling them.

I know this has been brought up before some pages ago...While listening to Sirius radio - apparently it is still possible for a 'sign, and trade' with Stamkos.

This would allow a max of 8 years, and potential for a more 'favorable' cap friendly hit for the last few seasons.

Some food for thought.

I saw that, too. From what I was watching earlier on Sportsnet, the speculation is all it would take is a pick most likely. They mentioned a 1st rounder, but then said that that seems like overpayment for a sign and trade.

I feel like I'd prefer staal as a center backup plan for stamkos over Nielsen.. Not that I'm really fond of staal or anything but I heard he's not expecting a long term deal; as long as he gets a top 6 center spot.

Staal for a year or two sounds better than 5+ years of Nielsen to me.. Maybe I'm wrong in thinking that; I haven't watched much of the islanders but he might even be a cheaper cap hit than Nielsen too.

Thoughts?

Edited by amato

Per Bob Duff of the Windsor Star (who also writes for HockeyBuzz) - http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bob-Duff/Wings-hold-strong-interest-in-UFA-Matt-Martin/216/77857

If the Wings are the team who land Martin’s name on a contract come Friday – they are among a long list of suitors for the man who’s led the NHL in hits in each of the past six seasons – the Calgary Flames, Montreal Canadiens, New York Rangers, Toronto Maple Leafs and Los Angeles Kings are others lining up to pay Martin somewhere between $3-4 million per season, and it’s the Rangers who might hold the inside track.

*scratches out projected fourth line*

It's just a report, and I'm not sure how much Duff really knows about the situation, but that's not what you pay a guy like Martin. If that's the market for him, it's waaay too rich for my blood.

Per Bob Duff of the Windsor Star (who also writes for HockeyBuzz) - http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bob-Duff/Wings-hold-strong-interest-in-UFA-Matt-Martin/216/77857

It's just a report, and I'm not sure how much Duff really knows about the situation, but that's not what you pay a guy like Martin. If that's the market for him, it's waaay too rich for my blood.

That would be ludicrous.... I mean, 2 million is even pushing it.

Meh, I'd rather sign Mike Brown for less than half that amount and get basically the same deal: A guy who runs around and hits everything in sight. Brown is a decent skater and plays some PK.

Ericcson is going nowhere. I feel like the penalties of buying him out would almost be worth it even though we would have yet another nonroster player on the books.

That malkin rumor is interesting. I would say there is no way in hell but Bowman has proved he can make things happen that didn't seem doable under the cap so ya never know.

Ericcson is going nowhere. I feel like the penalties of buying him out would almost be worth it even though we would have yet another nonroster player on the books.

That malkin rumor is interesting. I would say there is no way in hell but Bowman has proved he can make things happen that didn't seem doable under the cap so ya never know.

They already came out publicly and said Malkin def will not be traded.

To those who want to save money: for what? There's nothing as good as Stamkos coming down the pipe. Not getting him just guarantees we continue to float aimlessly with nothing but depth players.

Agreed. We have to pull out the shotgun for this one. Landing him makes sense in all sorts of manners - from long term economical in terms of getting folks to the seats, especially in the new arena, to becoming closer to contention and also attracting future good players.

Let it cost what it must in my opinion. I am certain that Ken Holland & the Ilitch´s agree.

With that said I am highly doubtful we will land him, but I do grow hope for each day not reading that Tampa has signed him.

Yeah, give Nyquist, sign Okposo for around 6 million, boom. Upgrade for just under 2 million more.

How much of an upgrade is Okposo over Nyquist though? The numbers look pretty similar. Maybe Okposo is a better fit because he plays a different type of game? I don't know. It seems like you're giving up on one player for another that's more expensive and just as effective.

How much of an upgrade is Okposo over Nyquist though? The numbers look pretty similar. Maybe Okposo is a better fit because he plays a different type of game? I don't know. It seems like you're giving up on one player for another that's more expensive and just as effective.

While numbers are similar their type of play is completely different. We need more Okposo's type than Nyquist's type of player. I would love to trade Nyquist and + for defensive upgrade and replace Nyquist by physical top six winger, Lucic, Okposo Edited by Dominator2005