• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Official 2016 Detroit Red Wings Offseason Thread

Rate this topic

I squirm before hearing Sakic uttering his demands.

I just don't see the trade route happening, Duchene or someone else. We have cap space, let's flash those green$ at the available players.

So he plays for SKA St Petersburg. If we went for him and Dats signs with them, would it count as a trade? ;)

Shipachyov is a skilled center with excellent on-ice vision. He skates very well and with a fluid stride. Owns great offensive instincts and likes to have the puck on his stick. Could improve his all-around game. Isn't overly efficient in physical battles.

- Ulf Andersson, EP (2013) - See more at: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=19550#sthash.g48UCQr1.dpuf

I completely disagree... We have plenty attractive pieces. It would obviously be a package deal, but it could be done. Whether or not we want to use those assets on a number one center or number one defenseman is the question...

Shipachyov is a skilled center with excellent on-ice vision. He skates very well and with a fluid stride. Owns great offensive instincts and likes to have the puck on his stick. Could improve his all-around game. Isn't overly efficient in physical battles.

- Ulf Andersson, EP (2013) - See more at: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=19550#sthash.g48UCQr1.dpuf

...?

Strange isn't it?

Sports talk radio has interviews with varying members of any franchise mgt, and there's all sorts of talk of who they want - and yet the Canucks GM gets fined...

There is a differense:

Benning did this before saturday night at that point it wasn't allowed, after Saturday teams were allowed to talk to the free agents. That's why he got fined and others didn't.

Manta, AA, Svechnikov, Nyquist, Tatar all have trade value. Plus there are always draft picks. We have assets.

Beside Mantha and Svech there are no top 6 prospects and if we trade them we have no one.

AA has a value but not enough to bring Duchesne.

Nyquist and Tatar, their value is low after last season. Do you think KH will send Nyquist, Tatar + for Duchesne?

We have 3-4 prospects that everyone will look for.

Any thoughts on Brian Campbell on a 1 or 2 year deal if a trade for a dman doesn't pan out? I feel like it could be a good if all else fails option to give some of the youth in the system time to show what they can do.

No thanks. The last thing we need is Campbell teaching the young guys to do this https://youtu.be/Sor3Faq7DMQ

It would not cost Nyquist and Tatar plus for Duchene... I think Nyquist, Ouellet and a first round pick is in the ball park. But yeah, like kliq said, Nyquist, Tatar, Mantha, Athanasiou, Svechnikov all have pretty high value, and we have a bunch of other guys with decent value as well. A trade bringing in a key piece can be made, I'm just not sure if Holland can / will pull one off...

Interest sky high in Milan Lucic. Told that Montreal among the many teams showing interest. Edm, Van, Dallas, etc. No shortage of interest

Keep in mind, track record for Marc Bergevin is to look into almost everything...

I'm bummed we aren't mentioned often in rumors. Even knowing we won't do much it's still hard not to hope Holland works some magic for players we haven't considered.

I'm starting to wonder if Looch just told Holland flatout no interest, just speculation of course but there could be some reasons why the Wings aren't mentioned.