• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Official 2016 Detroit Red Wings Offseason Thread

Rate this topic

I really hope the Radulov thing isnt confirmed. I just want him here for a little excitement. I have never seen a roster with so little pop to it. Im seriously going to be furious if our only signing is Nielsen and its longer then 5 years...

I wonder if Holland is planning on retiring in a year or two so he doesn't care about the problems these deals will Cause because he won't be here to deal with them.

Well our forward core is Nyquist, Abby and Helm for the future so I think so

Coming out of a short posting retirement for this....

HELM?!?!??!

MILLER?!?!

MARCHENKO????

SERIOUSLY?!

OK, I like Marchenko, so whatever....

And Miller is a good on the PK (or so I'm told; is there really no one else in our system that can do it well?)

But HELM for FIVE YEARS??? I'm calling it now, Darren Helm becomes the new Dan Cleary. Once this five year contract is up, we (the fans) will be glad it's finally over. But it won't be. He'll sign another one year deal with the promise of more one year deals and everything positive that he did for the team will be overshadowed by the bulls***. This is all assuming Holland will still be the GM. Which he will be. Because he's "The Greatest GM" (On that note I am impressed he got rid of Datsyuk's contract, though it might end up being all for naught)

Anyway, Bye Everyone!!! I'ma get outta here before I break the Forum Rulz (Assuming I made it through this post without breaking any :hehe: )

Why would Eric Staal take a paycut to come play in Detroit?

Who said anything about a paycut? He's going to get a lower salary around the league based on his past 2 seasons. That's what I'm talking about. He's already come out and mentioned that he understands that as well as the term may be limited wherever he goes. He'd also be our #1 C, not many teams can offer him that.

because the only deal he'll probably be able to sign anywhere is low money/short term

that said, I am starting to prefer Nielsen to him the more I read about him.. but I am still worried about what contract it'll take to get him.

Edited by amato

Agreed. Players only take paycuts for 3 reasons.

1) Resigning with their existing team that they feel a connection with

2) Hometown team

3) To win a cup

Staal to Detroit does not fall under any of these categories.