• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Official 2016 Detroit Red Wings Offseason Thread

Rate this topic

Negatives:1. After dumping Datsyuk's contract, the Wings didn't get a chance to sign Stamkos.2. Too many forwards, not enough D.Positives:1. Signed a 2C for less term/money than his former team offered him.2. Signed Vanek on a 1-year "show me" contract.3. Signed Ott who admitted it has been a lifelong dream to play for the Wings.That about wraps up today.

I would add that a positive is that we have plenty of extra pieces to use for a trade

But otherwise sounds about good.

so my thoughts on opening night roster

Z Larkin Abby

Vanek Nelsen tats/goose

AA Helm Shehan

Miller disney.com Ott

can we assume jurco goose pulks frk nosek might be Trade bait?

DD Green

Kronwall Smith

Marchenko E/XO

Sproul

can we assume Sproul gets waived or moved XO our 7th or E

Mrazek Howard

Realistically speaking PVD.. We both know Miller will be playing all 82 games. Management/coaches like him too much. It seems Jurco, Pulk, Mantha are SOL this year, perhaps even AA as well.

Unless Neilsen's PK ability makes Miller expendable. Which imo it should but might not.

Hopefully there's a trade.

Agreed, the silverfox will ride again. I was just saying what I'd prefer.

If you slot Miller in for Jurco, though, that is a likely roster to me:

Lark-Z-Abby

Ny-Niel-Vanek

Helm-AA-Tat

Miller-Glen-Shea

(pulk, Jurco, Ott in GR)

Those that are saying there must be trade for a Dman in the works, I think should temper their expectations. We basically have Nielson and Vanek in for Datsyuk and Richards. Ott is an extra forward, but if Ott is only called up for injuries then there's no roster crunch. Of course there's Mantha, but I doubt he's on the opening roster.

I'd like a trade for D help though. Ny, Shea could be shed could be replaced by Mantha and Ott/Jurco. Of course, E and Howard are contracts we would like to get rid of if there was a way to put them in the deal. We would need to send out a Dman for anyone coming in.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

No s*** if we drafted a top 3 player they'd be playing but just because we don't doesn't mean every prospect has to wait 4 years in the minors .... Your telling me Tatar wasn't ready after 3 years In Grand Rapids?nyquist? Don't tell me they weren't ready

It's quite obvious Detroit has always preferred the veterans over younger talent ... Just look what they did now , they signed ott who hasn't been relevant in 7 years , signed vanek on the decline after they said mantha would be given every opportunity to make this team ( we both know that's not happening especially with Miller AND helm being resigned as well )

Ouellet is another kid who could of played last season but waited another year cause we give wastes like Ericsson longterm deals

First? The way this team is headed that can end up being a top 5 pick , no way we can touch it now

Some nights Tats and Gus aren't ready now. Good grief. Those two are small, soft complimentary players. With any luck we'll be able to move one of them in a package for a good defenseman before Oct 13.

Here's my conclusion after the many years of trades ... it's all a crapshoot. A team never knows what he gets even if he is labelled the 'best free agent available'. No one can predict the future (you try your best based on past performance) but a GM has got to be lucky. And if you have a horseshoe up our arse like Rutherford and 3-4 of your signings all click .... then they call you GM of the Year.

Pleeeeze, for the love of God, don't anyone tell KH that Hudler is still available and hasn't signed with a team yet.

Let's see if we can add Jason Demers, no one signed him yet. Why aren't the Oilers all over a decent Dman?

Edited by RedWingsRox

Did you notice how often Tatar fumbled and made giveaways on the 2nd PP?

I really hope he gets traded before Gus and before teams start seeing how much worse than Gus he really is.

Also AA and Brendan Smith _must_ be moved up the lineup. Smith even has the league's best relative corsi.

Everyone else except Larkin and Mrazek I don't mind being in play for top pair D trade and cheaper G for Howard.

no way xo jurco pulk gets you fowler goose jurco pulks and a 2nd might shatenkirk but overpayment?

Never said jurco and pulkkinen will get you fowler .... As for shattenkirk I want nothing to do with him , he can walk away in a year and we lost those assets for nothing

Trouba/brodin should be one of the targets

so my thoughts on opening night roster

Z Larkin Abby

Vanek Nelsen tats/goose

AA Helm Shehan

Miller disney.com Ott

can we assume jurco goose pulks frk nosek might be Trade bait?

DD Green

Kronwall Smith

Marchenko E/XO

Sproul

can we assume Sproul gets waived or moved XO our 7th or E

Mrazek Howard

Nosek is out of waivers as well?? Man were gonna lose everyone 23 and under

Some nights Tats and Gus aren't ready now. Good grief. Those two are small, soft complimentary players. With any luck we'll be able to move one of them in a package for a good defenseman before Oct 13.

Would I trade any of them for a defensmen? Yes in a second ... Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they aren't ready , there's a lot of smallish, soft complimentary players around the league that's just what Tatar and nyquist are , they aren't getting bigger or becoming stars like a lot of NHL players

And I'm 100% sure we'll move one ... I'm also hopeful we can somehow blackmail Nill into taking Ericsson so we don't risk losing a sproul on waivers (I'd like to see him play a few games before writing him off)

Fowler seems to be the cheapest option out there, but I think there's a good reason for that: he's not an especially great defenseman, and I believe teams have caught on to this fact.

With our luck we won't be one of those teams

I still think one option to look at is adding teams that have a lot of defensive prospects and hope to pry one out before they came really good and cost a fortune or become unmovable at all

Ducks have montour carlsson Theodore (although I think it'll be hard to pry Theodore)

Flyers have hagg and maybe morin although doubtful

After sleeping on it, I like the Nielsen move (albeit too much term really) and Ott on paper gives us some sandpaper this team sorely lacks.

While Vanek might turn good, he's trending massively downwards, and is essentially just likely to take up a roster spot.

If this team is ever going to move forward, they need to give AA and Mantha a starting role with lots of minutes.

But, we can see, that KH refuses to move the youth of this team forward it would seem and having them compete for jobs at camp is just another misnomer that equals 'you'll start in GR'.

I guess I'm just frustrated. Both the Vanek and Ott signings would be good if this team was actually close to competing for the cup - like Stuart and Dallas Drake in 08. But they're not. And the reality is, while they might play well, they're both taking up roster spots for younger guys who need to learn how to carry the torch and actually take us forward. Otheriwse we won't see another Cup for a good decade.

These are just my thoughts. But why is KH so unwilling to pull the trigger on a trade, and risk giving up say, Tatar or Nyquist for a good defenseman? Yes they'll cost a lot, but we have too many soft Tatar's and Nyquists, and with numerous guys (Sproul, Oullette, Frk?, Jensen) now no longer waiver exempt, what have we got to lose?

It seems like the red wings always try and do everything on the cheap like signing older players that might bounce back but probably will not. Reminds me of the Mets in baseball to a lesser extent because the red wings are aways at the cap but I guess it is just because they always have a lot of money tied up in players that do not deserve it like erickson and franzen to give recent examples. This will not make sense to most people but its like people that stream video games and are always trying to find the new hot game but never do so they are always playing a no name random garbage game and never get viewers. Just play a good game people like and you will get more viewers. aka stop trying to find a diamond in the ruff and maybe start overpaying for players that actually have shown they produce not overpaying for players like ericcson or green.