• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Official 2016 Detroit Red Wings Offseason Thread

Rate this topic

Off topic, but

The guy got punched in the face and had to be taken off in a stretcher!!

That's lame. He's the one giving hockey a bad name. He must not have had his allotment of doping this week.

Anyone who's played any contact sport ever, has been hit that hard at least once. I've seen my 3 year old take falls harder than that, get back up and be ready to go.

Don Cherry would be rolling in his grave.

Ryspavey beat up the whole team. That was Awesome!

Edited by HelmFan

Off topic, but

The guy got punched in the face and had to be taken off in a stretcher!!

That's lame. He's the one giving hockey a bad name. He must not have had his allotment of doping this week.

Anyone who's played any contact sport ever, has been hit that hard at least once. I've seen my 3 year old take falls harder than that, get back up and be ready to go.

Don Cherry would be rolling in his grave.

Ryspavey beat up the whole team. That was Awesome!

The game was cancelled, one of the players was hospitalized after Ryspavey's sucker punch. There's a difference between a hockey fight, a fall and an on ice assault that lands people in hospital. Not even the most famous goons or open ice hitters in hockey history would have any sort of respect for this. But hey if you think people being suckerpunched and hospitalized is awesome, that's your thing.

This is coming from someone who is a hockey fight fan btw.

-----

Update from KHL. Ryspavey is banned from the league until further notice.

Update 8/9: According to the KHL’s website, Raspiyev has been banned from the league until further notice. Here’s a look at their reasoning below:

The League imposes the strictest punishments in cases of serious foul play, particularly of the kind which results in injury to opposing players, and also notes that Ryspayev has been a serial offender in this regard, in spite of previous disciplinary sanctions from the League and a stern warning issued to the player in January of this year.

Edited by kickazz

To be honest I'm not gonna expect much from Hank.

Age, and injuries have caught up to him...He's slowed considerably over the past 3 seasons, and his production has dropped as well...We'll see how he does this September while playing for Sweden.

I know, there was a point in the latter part of the season where his production just stopped, I remember updating some gdt's and his stats wouldn't change at all.

So we'll have to wait and see how he does, I was gonna say we'd have to wait and see how he does now that Pav's gone but there were stretches when they'd play in different lines. Hopefully our new acquisitions will strengthen where we're lacking and relieving Z from some duties.

http://mynhltraderumors.com/fantasy-hockey-2016-17-top-200-nhl-player-rankings/2016/08/09/

Three rankings of the top 200 players in the NHL. Missing someone from the Wings.

Last time we were good we had what, 8-10 guys in the top 200 for fantasy?

Lidstrom, Rafalski, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Kronwall, Franzen, Hudler, Filpulla

Just kind of puts it into perspective that changes need to be made to make us contenders again

Last time we were good we had what, 8-10 guys in the top 200 for fantasy?

Lidstrom, Rafalski, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Kronwall, Franzen, Hudler, Filpulla

Just kind of puts it into perspective that changes need to be made to make us contenders again

Kind of, but not necessarily. I remember back in 2002 when I was playing fantasy hockey, Red Wings were never really that valuable fantasy wise due to how balanced they were. For fantasy purposes, teams that are top heavy are always the best bets. Though I see what you are saying, it does suck having nobody in the top 200 if that is in fact true (I didn't read the entire list).

Tatar, Nyquist, Larkin, Zetterberg, Mrazek and Nielsen are all on the top 200 list that he linked. It's just that no one is top 50 like Zet and Pav used to be I think.

This is just more evidence that we are lacking a franchise guy at this point. There's 30 teams so you figure if you can meet the even distribution of 6-7 players in the top 200 you're in decent shape, but our handful of players are all in the bottom 75% of that list of 200. We should have at least one guy in the top 50, but we aren't represented there. Granted this is just fantasy value right (I haven't actually looked at the link) so it's not like this is irrefutable evidence, but I think it supports the context of what a lot of us have been saying- the Wings are lacking top tier talent.

Yep it's fantasy and I think you've hit the point. We definitely are lacking that top talent. That said in a couple of years I wonder if Larkin and Mrazek can crack the higher rankings. I think of all the players those two have the best chance of doing so.

Tatar, Nyquist, Larkin, Zetterberg, Mrazek and Nielsen are all on the top 200 list that he linked. It's just that no one is top 50 like Zet and Pav used to be I think.

There you go. Even more the reason to ignore that list.

Having a motivated Nielsen and Vanek has got to be better than an unmotivated Datsyuk. I wish we were giving AA 3rd line minutes though...

That is a good point. For whatever reason people get offended when Datsyuk is talked about this way but I agree with you. His heart wasn't here anymore and his motivation was probably not the same because his heart wasn't in it. When I was listening to Nielsen's interview about coming to Detroit, he was really excited and felt as though it was a big deal playing for us. One of his statements in the interview was "When Detroit calls you, you listen to them". To me that shows he takes this opportunity seriously and probably wants to prove his worth to a famous franchise.

I'm not sure if I can say the same about Vanek though.

Edited by kickazz

Last year looked like a team with no identity or direction which I attribute to inexperienced coaching. If Blashill gets better and having a more experienced coaching staff, there's potential for massive improvement. I think last year was an anomaly

Last year is definitely an anomaly. People around here keep blasting the offense as if it sucks. Our offense was just fine with Babcock and our PP was the 2nd best in the league in 2015 even though we had a worse roster on paper. The offense dipped as a direct correlation to the new coaching staff.

But the anomaly could turn into the new normal unless coaching improves, which it should.

Edited by kickazz