• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Official 2016 Detroit Red Wings Offseason Thread

Rate this topic

Maybe the contracts can be traded. There's a finite number of teams that want the dead money, and many of them have those deals already.

Kronwall is hurting and even Kahn acknowledges that he might not finish the deal if he has another year with a lot of pain and poor play. Zetterberg was never going to finish his deal, how long is he willing to play for a middle of the road team whose goal is to just make the playoffs?

Holland has put the team in a bad situation.

Also, when is the CBA up? NHL and NHLPA options in 2019? For all we know cap-recapture penalties might go away... or buyouts of contracts before a certain year might have new rules... etc.

Set to expire after the 21-22 season, but either the league or the PA can opt to terminate it after the 19-20 season.

Maybe the contracts can be traded. There's a finite number of teams that want the dead money, and many of them have those deals already.

Kronwall is hurting and even Kahn acknowledges that he might not finish the deal if he has another year with a lot of pain and poor play. Zetterberg was never going to finish his deal, how long is he willing to play for a middle of the road team whose goal is to just make the playoffs?

Holland isn't the one that changed the rules for long-term contracts after ours were signed.

Also, Datsyuk, Pronger, Savard, and Dupuis all expire this year. I think Horton will be the only other big LTIR deal left. Arizona might come asking for Franzen :).

The cap is an issue this year, and maybe next. But after that we should be in pretty good shape, even if we have to carry some added dead money.

Is Ansar Khan a doctor lol? Edited by kickazz

Came across this interesting bit of "info"

Steve Simmons of the Toronto Sun: While Mike Babcock was still coaching the Detroit Red Wings, during their exit interviews both Henrik Zetterberg and Pavel Datsyuk told management that they wouldn’t re-sign with the Red Wings while Babcock was still coaching the team.

I don't even know what that means since both players we're already under contract. Unless it's referring to the contract Z signed in 2009 and Pav signed in 2013.

http://mynhltraderumors.com/nhl-rumors-mike-babcock-detroit-red-wings-arizona-coyotes/2016/09/11/

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/09/10/encarnacion-will-be-in-high-demand-in-off-season

Edited by kickazz

Came across this interesting bit of "info"

Steve Simmons of the Toronto Sun: While Mike Babcock was still coaching the Detroit Red Wings, during their exit interviews both Henrik Zetterberg and Pavel Datsyuk told management that they wouldnt re-sign with the Red Wings while Babcock was still coaching the team.

I don't even know what that means since both players we're already under contract. Unless it's referring to the contract Z signed in 2009 and Pav signed in 2013.

http://mynhltraderumors.com/nhl-rumors-mike-babcock-detroit-red-wings-arizona-coyotes/2016/09/11/

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/09/10/encarnacion-will-be-in-high-demand-in-off-season

And there are reports saying that Dats wanted to leave last year when Babs left...

Wouldn't be surprised if this were true. Babs never put lines together that made them happy. Sure, they're going to say the politically correct thing (like Abby pulls the piano, so I like him with me) but we all know that Datsyuk wanted Hossa replaced with another sniper not a 3rd liner.

Wouldn't be surprised if this were true. Babs never put lines together that made them happy. Sure, they're going to say the politically correct thing (like Abby pulls the piano, so I like him with me) but we all know that Datsyuk wanted Hossa replaced with another sniper not a 3rd liner.

I'm guessing you mean Helm.

Didn't Datsyuk push to have Helm on his line? If I remember correctly, it went farther then just saying he would be ok with it, I remember him saying publicly that he wanted to play with him. I may be wrong, but I could swear that he said that. Also, wasn't Datsyuk playing with Z and Cleary in 2009?

I'm guessing you mean Helm.

Didn't Datsyuk push to have Helm on his line? If I remember correctly, it went farther then just saying he would be ok with it, I remember him saying publicly that he wanted to play with him. I may be wrong, but I could swear that he said that. Also, wasn't Datsyuk playing with Z and Cleary in 2009?

Datsyuk primarily played with Hossa and Holmstrom about 267 TOI. Pure first line center with a first line winger. Second highest minutes played with Zetterberg and Cleary. About 162 TOI. Third highest with Franzen and Holmstrom about 153 TOI.

Datsyuk has always been given the best options on the roster (only until recently when he played playing with Richards and "I guess" Helm).

Abdelkader was the one Datsyuk pretty much wanted on his line. Datsyuk isn't a bulls***ter and one of the more honest players in the game so I take his word when he says he wanted Abby on his line. Not sure what he said about Helm though?

I mean the Tatar - Datsyuk - Helm line was ridiculously good for a stretch last season so he must have liked it.

Edited by kickazz

Datsyuk primarily played with Hossa and Holmstrom about 267 TOI. Pure first line center with a first line winger. Second highest minutes played with Zetterberg and Cleary. About 162 TOI. Third highest with Franzen and Holmstrom about 153 TOI.

Datsyuk has always been given the best options on the roster (only until recently when he played playing with Richards and "I guess" Helm).

Abdelkader was the one Datsyuk pretty much wanted on his line. Datsyuk isn't a bulls***ter and one of the more honest players in the game so I take his word when he says he wanted Abby on his line. Not sure what he said about Helm though?

I mean the Tatar - Datsyuk - Helm line was ridiculously good for a stretch last season so he must have liked it.

That's what I'm thinking of.

As far as his line mates in '09, I think you are right. I think the Z-Cleary-Datsyuk line is what I remember because that's what they rolled with in game 7 of the finals.

What will you say if larkin becomes a legit 1c and in 2-3 years were a legit contender while still holding on to the "meaningless" streak? I'd be happy with 5 more years of sub-par hockey just to take away Boston's record TBH

I was thinking the same thing the other day f*** Boston

What I meant was that he's not going to publicly say he doesn't want to play with a certain player. And I don't think he would publicly say something bad about his coach and the players he puts on his line. But you have to admit after the hossa and holmstrom combo his Partners skil level and his Point production fell. So I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted hire skilled linemates. But since none were ever provided for him he had to be happy with what he got or at least tried his best to be happy.

If I'm not mistaken, during the 2014 olympics in Sochi, Datsyuk made a comment about Babcock in an interview. I don't remember where I read it but it was something along the lines of "Babcock isn't my concern" when they asked him about Babs. Not 100% sure though. I'm not home at the moment to look it up

Edited by kickazz

Retire or get the ******* surgery moron

I'm sorry that's just a ******* excuse if you can get surgery to fix it why wouldn't you? Instead you'd rather be a burden on your team.

I'm sorry that's just a ******* excuse if you can get surgery to fix it why wouldn't you? Instead you'd rather be a burden on your team.