• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Official 2016 Detroit Red Wings Offseason Thread

Rate this topic

That tweet from Craig Custance makes no sense. There is no salary attached to Datsyuk's contract so that's obviously not the issue with negotiations...

Regarding Howard, if he isn't moved before the expansion draft (I hope he will be) he absolutely will be made available. No chance Mrazek is exposed...

I think it makes sense.. I think he's saying that Detroit (rightfully) wouldn't be interested in taking a bad contract back in any trade involving Datsyuk's contract

It seems like Hamilton could be available, I know he's piece of s*** but def upgrade will need to be addressed via trades he could definitely be nice addition.

For some reasons, I have a feeling that KH is going be agressive as this team is not playoff team. It's about time for KH to change philosophy

Thanks amato, I was thinking only in terms of retaining salary, didn't even think about another contract coming back the other way...

I'm wondering what team it could be referring to though?... Columbus and Hartnell?...

Dominator, is every player not on the Wings a piece of s***?...

Thanks amato, I was thinking only in terms of retaining salary, didn't even think about another contract coming back the other way...

I'm wondering what team it could be referring to though?... Columbus and Hartnell?...

Accordingly to this board, everyone except Radulov.

:lol: - to the bold.

On a more serious note - is Flames Dman Dougie Hamilton really available?

If so - send them Howard, and Smith...Git'er dunn Kenny!

It's on McKenzie twitter account.

Flames will leave today with the goalie (Bishop) so imo Howard will stay in Detroit. We have so many useless contracts which are not tradeable...

Makes sense.

Filppula appears to be back in his 30-40 pt range, and could very well be trade bait.

Yup...This is the sorta move Holland would make...Familiarity.

maybe that's Holland's MO, he ships them off in a suposed bad end trade for the Red Wings and have them mature in other systems just to bring them back.

Yeah cbus definitely comes to mind. I'm sure there are others too but i can't think of any examples off the top of my head. It would also give holland a little leverage and make trades that could happen without taking a bad contract back cheaper too. But it doesn't matter because we'd probably rather eat the cap hit for a year than do that.

Maybe I'm wrong. But I think the only way we trade the contract is if we sign stamkos or make a trade for a d man + sign a lesser forward (okposo, Eriksson, etc) and absolutely need the cap space. A contract coming back the other way would make no sense.. That's basically what I got from that tweet.

He has a $5 million dollar cap hit and scored 30 points. He's terrible.

Mike Green a defenseman scored more points than him and Kronwall who played 12 less games scored only 4 points less.

It's not happening. I know some of ya'll have the worst of expectations of Holland but Filpulla is a silly suggestion.

Edited by kickazz

Why not?

Filppula isn't anything special - just a respectable 2-way centerman with a few years left under contract (which I believe is $5 million per season).

That $5 large could be used to entice Stamkos, and for others.

Read my previous post. He scored 30 points and made $5 million. He's awful. He's 32 years old and already in the worst of declines. Mike Green scored more points than him and he's a defenseman. We have younger players who score better than Filpulla and are worth like $1 million dollars.

We could bring up Evgeni Svetchnikov and put him on center and he would put up 30 points and we'd have to only pay him like 900k.

Edited by kickazz

Terrible?

Well - for $5 million - yeah that's a bit much, but he did have a few solid seasons that helped his cause for getting overpaid...But no - he was, and is a 30-40 pt guy.

Age 30 he scored 58 points

Age 31 he scored 48 points

Age 32 he scored 30 points

What will it be at Age 33 ?? 20 points?

He's got one of the worst declines in the NHL. He's comparable to Dustin Brown. At least Brown could score more than 10 goals last season... Filppula scored only 8 lol.

Edited by kickazz

It's on McKenzie twitter account.

Flames will leave today with the goalie (Bishop) so imo Howard will stay in Detroit. We have so many useless contracts which are not tradeable...

And yet Holland is voted one of the top GM's in the league every year. He hasn't signed a player to a good contract in at least 6 years. It's evident when we have no trade pieces because all of our contracts are inflated.

I have a feeling Detroit will have a deal in place for Datsyuk's contract with a team dependent on getting a big fish free agent to sign with Detroit. So I don't see it being traded till July 1st or after. Holland knows if he trades away good pieces and then strikes out in free agency he will be looking for another job.

LOL not a chance

Holland might as well own the team. He's never getting fired.

And yet Holland is voted one of the top GM's in the league every year. He hasn't signed a player to a good contract in at least 6 years. It's evident when we have no trade pieces because all of our contracts are inflated.

Yeah, it's ridiculous really. You hear the prices for goalies right now, and you don't even so much as hear Howard's name because teams don't want the contract. Yet, the price wouldn't be near what Bishop/Fleury/Elliot would cost. If Howard comes back in the fall, I'll be kind of embarrassed for him. Not a single team in the league (including his own) want's him. Ouch.

Yeah, it's ridiculous really. You hear the prices for goalies right now, and you don't even so much as hear Howard's name because teams don't want the contract. Yet, the price wouldn't be near what Bishop/Fleury/Elliot would cost. If Howard comes back in the fall, I'll be kind of embarrassed for him. Not a single team in the league (including his own) want's him. Ouch.

Well, I'd say that Bishop and Fleury are just viewed as better goalies. Haven't heard much interest in Elliott either though there should be since he had a good record this past year. But beyond contracts, I think it just comes down to the fact that Bishop and Fleury each played about 60 games because they were still the #1 goalie for their teams during the season. Anyone taking one of these goalies would be looking for a number 1. Elliot split with Allen and Howard was clearly displaced.

Contract is high, but I'm sure we'd keep 1 mill of the caphit in possible deals

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

Well, I'd say that Bishop and Fleury are just viewed as better goalies. Haven't heard much interest in Elliott either.

Contract is high, but I'm sure we'd keep 1 mill of the caphit in possible deals

No doubt about them being better, lately Elliott's name has jumped in the Flames rumor mix. All I'm saying is, the fact that the prices are so high on them, and they likely wouldn't be on Jimmy, it is surprising to me we haven't heard any rumors. Burke was part of the brain trust that chose Howard as the 3rd goalie on team USA just 2 years ago after all. I'm still holding out hope Bishop and Fleury don't move and the Flames are forced to look elsewhere.

Once again - I agree...

Many here would use the 'there wasn't any cap back then' excuse - however Bowman had the balls to swing a deal.

Holland appears too passive, and he's using the playoff streak as his crutch to lean on when it comes to 'GM rankings'.

I don't think that cap is KH issue... KH biggest problem is KH