• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Official 2016 Detroit Red Wings Offseason Thread

Rate this topic

Trigglypuff is a hoot. So many memes. Have you see the ones wear she's drumming?

hahaha, no. but can actually picture it. I didn't even know it was a meme. Trigglypuff?? haha I'm dying, between her and Chanty Binx they trigger me laughter.

I'm dying

Edited by NerveDamage

Like I said, if all is fair, Marchy should get you RNH. Especially after Larson got them Hall...

No. Not even close.

Word on the street is the Oilers received better offers (than Larsson) but are really high on Larsson. The trade in no way means that Alexey Marchenko can get you Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. DeKeyser + Mantha might get you RNH. Might.

I recall that the Wings were hard after him when he was last a UFA, what 2 years ago and fan base was so disappointed that we didn't get him ... how the mighty have fallen.

In the first game last year he tore his ACL and ended his season. The previous 2 years he had 51 pts and 34 pts.

Our leading D producer was Green with 35 pts. I would take a chance on him if he didn't have such a history of injuries and we didn't have so many bodies on Defence. This would be a smart pickup for Edmonton if they haven't already filled out their D spots.

Helm wants to play larger role, top six forward... screw him

That's not really what he said. “I want to win. I don’t really mind playing in the bottom lines as long as there is that respect factor. You’re getting opportunities in different situations. If it looks like that is the case, I’ll get to play in those situations that I feel I can play in, then I’ll be happy. If not, if they tell me right away it’s not going to happen, I might not want to stay.”

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2016/06/26/ufa-of-the-day-darren-helm/

Not really sure what that respect factor means. Helm might be out just because he's not quite good enough at the scoring winger role and we have other players (AA, Larkin, Sheahan) who have taken his ideal spot of 3C.

I will be unhappy to see him go if he does. Would have much preferred him signed and Miller cast aside.

That'd be like Kris Draper wanting a top six role, but who couldn't win faceoffs.

Helm is 51.4% on the face-offs in his career. Not Draper, but he's at Z's level (51.5).

I know one thing, I'm gonna be thoroughly disappointed if we sign Frans Nielsen for 5.5/5yrs. That's his rumored ask, and he keeps popping up in rumors linked to us. McKenzie mentioned Ladd as a name we might be in on, I'd be down with that.

I know one thing, I'm gonna be thoroughly disappointed if we sign Frans Nielsen for 5.5/5yrs. That's his rumored ask, and he keeps popping up in rumors linked to us. McKenzie mentioned Ladd as a name we might be in on, I'd be down with that.

This is what I'm thinking:

- I'd be cool with Andrew Ladd or David Backes (preferably a shorter contract)

- Especially for his asking price, I don't want Nielsen.

- We should be taking a good look at Jamie McGinn. He isn't getting a ton of attention but he can play throughout the lineup and adds physicality up front.

- If we're seriously looking at dealing a defenseman, Ericsson should be the prime candidate to ship out of town. Smith, while he isn't going to wow anyone with his offensive capabilities, had a decent season last year.

- Helm isn't a top 6 player. More power to him to find a spot on someone else's second line.

- We've obviously got to add to our blueline. Guys like Tatar/Nysuist, Jurco and Pulkkinen should be pieces sent in return.

- Rather than overpay for a guy like Matt Martin, bring in Mike Brown. He'll basically do the same thing, skates pretty well, and would be a lot cheaper. If Martin could be had for the right price, absolutely close the deal. Bottom line is the 4th line could use a different element.

- Stay away from Filppula and Hudler, for crying out loud.

Few more names to hit the FA list tomorrow: Korpikoski (EDM), Carle (TB), Boll (CBJ), Seidenberg (BOS), Greene (LA), Jackman (NSH).

All being bought out.

Tortorella scratched Boll a lot last year - not surprised that he got bought out. I think it'll be difficult for him to find another NHL contract. Guys like him have dropped like flies these past few years.

Ask your this, Nielsen 5 @ 5.5 or Helm 5 @ 4.5?

I'm signing Nielsen all day. I'd still love to have all 3 isles. Then if we can trade for a D. I'd be excited moving forward.

I'm punting the ball in that scenario, neither is a good contract. I understand you have to pay "market value" but that's for impact forwards, not a 2nd line center (Nielsen) or a 3rd line center (Helm) At this point I'd like to go baptism by fire with Larkin and AA at center and insulate them with good wingers.

This is what I'm thinking:

- I'd be cool with Andrew Ladd or David Backes (preferably a shorter contract)

- Especially for his asking price, I don't want Nielsen.

- We should be taking a good look at Jamie McGinn. He isn't getting a ton of attention but he can play throughout the lineup and adds physicality up front.

- If we're seriously looking at dealing a defenseman, Ericsson should be the prime candidate to ship out of town. Smith, while he isn't going to wow anyone with his offensive capabilities, had a decent season last year.

- Helm isn't a top 6 player. More power to him to find a spot on someone else's second line.

- We've obviously got to add to our blueline. Guys like Tatar/Nysuist, Jurco and Pulkkinen should be pieces sent in return.

- Rather than overpay for a guy like Matt Martin, bring in Mike Brown. He'll basically do the same thing, skates pretty well, and would be a lot cheaper. If Martin could be had for the right price, absolutely close the deal. Bottom line is the 4th line could use a different element.

- Stay away from Filppula and Hudler, for crying out loud.

Totally agree with mcginn, nobody is giving him any attention and I think we should go after him , a big body that can hit that we sorely need, can score 15-20 goals and won't cost us huge bucks and a longterm team , his agent should be one of the first calls we make

Bottom line is the 4th line could use a different element.

Yes, the fourth line could use a different element. And that element is skill.

Like I've said before, Miller and Glendening are possession black holes. Having them together on the same line and hard-matching that line against the opposition's best players is tantamount to shooting ourselves in the foot.

We don't need a Matt Martin or a Mike Brown. We don't need "physicality." We need to be so deep, top-to-bottom, that our fourth-liners are overqualified and could just as easily be our third-liners. Sheahan is our 3C? Then, ideally, we're so deep at forward that he's our 4C. This kind of depth is what all Cup-winning teams have in common. Unfortunately for us, you need to have some serious top-end talent in order for this to be feasible. We lack that proven elite talent, and, as a result, all of our players are asked to do more than what they're realistically capable of doing (e.g. Tatar, Nyquist). And this is our plight, in a nutshell.

Mind you, I believe Larkin and Athanasiou are going to become cornerstone centermen. I just don't think they're there yet.

You haven't seen either of them play center with big minutes. I'd say Larkin will be a first line center by the time we switch arenas he has such a good work ethic and he's so smart

AA will definitely produce but how will he do on faceoffs and playing in his own end