• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Official 2016 Detroit Red Wings Offseason Thread

Rate this topic

I'm just waiting for someone to explain to us that even if he only got $2.8M it would be a great deal. Just seems to me that even if he got drew miller money, he'd still be overpaid compared to players with similar advanced stats. Oh well, Holland is the genius, not any of us. Of course that makes miller an ott and Glendening also grossly overpaid.

Let's just hope helm scores 25 goals this year amongst 50 points.

I'm just waiting for someone to explain to us that even if he only got $2.8M it would be a great deal. Just seems to me that even if he got drew miller money, he'd still be overpaid compared to players with similar advanced stats. Oh well, Holland is the genius, not any of us. Of course that makes miller an ott and Glendening also grossly overpaid.

Let's just hope helm scores 25 goals this year amongst 50 points.

I thought we were done derailing every thread into this? Can we please just move on from Helm's contract?

Despite being paid market value, nobody is disputing that Helm is a bit overpaid. I know you get annoyed when the "pro Helm" crowd speak up, but what do you expect when you says things like "even if he got drew miller money, he'd still be overpaid". There is no way that you don't realize that a comment like this is going to re-start the already exhausted debate.

Please just move on.

This is turning into "You/Franzen", "Bill/Miller", "Dickie/Abby 7 years" territory.

Edited by kliq

Who cares about overpayment now. Idk why ya'll are still hung up on that. Everyone has money and we're fine on cap. Mrazek and DK re-signed.

The terms always piss me off to be honest.

Hoping Neilsen turns out to be a beast of a replacement.

Edited by kickazz

Trouba and the Jets far apart on everything: http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/jets-trouba-still-cant-agree-on-money-term-but-usage-concerns-stand-out-most/

God, I'd love for him to play next to DeKeyser on the top pair and get all the PP time his heart desires.

Who cares about overpayment now. Idk why ya'll are still hung up on that. Everyone has money and we're fine on cap. Mrazek and DK re-signed.

The terms always piss me off to be honest.

Hoping Neilsen turns out to be a beast of a replacement.

Because those players being overpaid between 500 and 800k add up to enough money for an upgrade which they can't afford now.

Because those players being overpaid between 500 and 800k add up to enough money for an upgrade which they can't afford now.

It doesn't matter we can only have a certain number of players on the active roster and who would be the upgrade anyways. Free agency sucks. And if a trade is happening we would be sending players the other way to shed salary. Would have been one thing if we had trouble signing Mrazek.

Like I said, I'm more concerned about the term in case some of these players are busts.

Edited by kickazz

Wasn't aware that talking about an off season signing in the off season thread was derailing...just wanted to be told again how great off deal we got and shown the advanced stats that prove it.

You're right, it's all under the bridge anyhow, but it sure would've been nice to not overpay low level talent or at least pay him market value. Oh well...

Now we see who we lose to waivers soon. Everyday it gets closer to camp, the less confidence in have that Holland is going to acquire a defender and thin out his forward corps a bit.

It doesn't matter we can only have a certain number of players on the active roster and who would be the upgrade anyways. Free agency sucks. And if a trade is happening we would be sending players the other way to shed salary. Would have been one thing if we had trouble signing Mrazek.

Like I said, I'm more concerned about the term in case some of these players are busts.

Except the contracts aren't just over payments for this year, they're for the next 4+ years. And who knows how many more Krazy Uncle Kenny will hand out before by es finally done.

Wasn't aware that talking about an off season signing in the off season thread was derailing...just wanted to be told again how great off deal we got and shown the advanced stats that prove it.

You're right, it's all under the bridge anyhow, but it sure would've been nice to not overpay low level talent or at least pay him market value. Oh well...

Now we see who we lose to waivers soon. Everyday it gets closer to camp, the less confidence in have that Holland is going to acquire a defender and thin out his forward corps a bit.

Normally you're right, and it would not be derailing. But when the topic has been talked about to death in many threads and keeps being brought up without any new info or points being added, that's when it becomes "derailing" Nobody wants to read in every single thread "Helm sucks" "Helm does not suck" etc. etc. etc.

I have to say though, while I agree Helm was overpaid given our teams roster/payroll, saying Holland should have paid market value is just wrong as he was paid exactly that. Many reports out there state Helm could have been paid more from other teams. Remember, market value is simply that market value. Market value doesn't mean good contract.

Marty Lapointe got paid $4 mil, Holland let him go. Just because a player can get X amount ofiney doesn't mean it's smart to give him that much.

If this is in response to me, read my post carefully. I never implied it was a "smart deal", I simply said it was market value. Again, market value and a good contract are NOT the same things.

I'm most intrigued by the Anaheim scenario. Very interesting the rule on the NMC. I guess once you waive it, the acquiring team can choose not to honor it after its waived. Very, very interesting.

Not keen on trading Saarijarvi so soon in the Winnipeg scenario. I'm sure someone else could be included in that...also I'm 99% sure Holland will not trade Abdelkader.

I'm scared of the Shattenkirk scenario, only because there's no way to guarantee he'd be here for more than this season.

Of the three, I'd welcome the Anaheim trade first. Fowler and bieska would help this D. The only thing is, it would knock Smith back to #7 and require us to waive all three kids. Not unless we could swing both the Anaheim AND Winnipeg deals! Just replace Saarijarvi with XO or Sproul and maybe Abdelkader with Sheahan and Pulkkinen (unless they want Helm...lol j/k)

So, I go with the Anaheim scenario:

to ANAHEIM: Nyquist, Ericsson, Holmstrom, 3rd Round pick

To DETROIT: Fowler, Bieska(not to honor NMC to leave exposed to draft)

Then the Winnipeg trade:

to Winnipeg : Smith, Pulkkinen, Sheahan, XO

to Detroit : Trouba (re-sign 8 yrs, $4M aav)

My roster:

Tatar- Nielsen- Vanek

Zetterberg- Larkin- Abdelkader

Jurco - AA- Helm

Miller - Glendening- Ott

Frk

DD - Trouba

Fowler- Green

Kronwall- Marchenko

Bieska

Even with all this, I still have $2.2M in cap space. Before Howard is dealt with!

Get it done Kenny!

Edited by LeftWinger

I'm most intrigued by the Anaheim scenario. Very interesting the rule on the NMC. I guess once you waive it, the acquiring team can choose not to honor it after its waived. Very, very interesting.

Not keen on trading Saarijarvi so soon in the Winnipeg scenario. I'm sure someone else could be included in that...also I'm 99% sure Holland will not trade Abdelkader.

I'm scared of the Shattenkirk scenario, only because there's no way to guarantee he'd be here for more than this season.

Of the three, I'd welcome the Anaheim trade first. Fowler and bieska would help this D. The only thing is, it would knock Smith back to #7 and require us to waive all three kids. Not unless we could swing both the Anaheim AND Winnipeg deals! Just replace Saarijarvi with XO or Sproul and maybe Abdelkader with Sheahan and Pulkkinen (unless they want Helm...lol j/k)

So, I go with the Anaheim scenario:

to ANAHEIM: Nyquist, Ericsson, Holmstrom, 3rd Round pick

To DETROIT: Fowler, Bieska(not to honor NMC to leave exposed to draft)

Then the Winnipeg trade:

to Winnipeg : Smith, Pulkkinen, Sheahan, XO

to Detroit : Trouba (re-sign 8 yrs, $4M aav)

My roster:

Tatar- Nielsen- Vanek

Zetterberg- Larkin- Abdelkader

Jurco - AA- Helm

Miller - Glendening- Ott

Frk

DD - Trouba

Fowler- Green

Kronwall- Marchenko

Bieska

Even with all this, I still have $2.2M in cap space. Before Howard is dealt with!

Get it done Kenny!

I cant believe I am saying this to you lol! But, why not move Helm down to the 4th line, take out Miller or Ott, and then bring in Mantha?

If this is in response to me, read my post carefully. I never implied it was a "smart deal", I simply said it was market value. Again, market value and a good contract are NOT the same things.

It's in response to anyone who thinks that just because he could have gotten that or more, which is really just speculation anyway, that it was OK to give him that. Holland used to know that, now he either doesn't understand or just doesn't care.