• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Official 2016 Detroit Red Wings Offseason Thread

Rate this topic

There is somethiing called watching a game...I don't have to follow anyone but yeah I take the opnion of experts over lot of others. If you think Eichel and Larkin are at the same level go to a Buffalo board and make a proposal and let's see how that turns out.

The hype for Larkin almost reminds me on the Nyquist hype were people believed the guy could score 40 goals or him and Tatar might become the next euro twins *lol* I'd rather be realistic and expect things he can accomplish instead of dreaming and then be disappointed because he "only" turned out to be a solid number 1 center.

And where were your experts when Datsyuk and Zetterberg were under the radar for almost 2-3 years after coming into the NHL? Oh yeah they were high on Barret Jackman and Rick Dipietro. And we all know how those guys turned out.

So you think he's a number 1 then? I'm just trying to see what you think of him. If you're using his TOI to determine that then his production and numbers aren't all that good for a 1D. At least not the type of upgrade we need to make a significant impact.

Remember you suggested they move one of Mantha, AA, Tatar plus either Smith or a second rounder for Fowler.

Edited by kickazz

Yes a solid #2 with #1 potential, better than anyone Detroit has.

Now please explain why a team that won their division would play a guy who will never be a top pair D more than anyone else.

Put it this way, on a team with a legit 1D, he wouldn't be one. We need a big upgrade imo. But. If we're going for Fowler type of mediocre production then I'd suggest go for someone younger like Trouba because he's only 22 (unlike Folwer). If we're going for someone with the similar age range as Fowler, then Tyson Barrie would probably be a better option. Fowler to me is an inferior option between those two.

Edited by kickazz

Still better than what they have

And now he's just not a #1 at 24 years old.

Why give up your best assets we possess for "better than what we have" If we're going all in it should probably be for someone who can make a significant impact. Not someone who would be a mediocre 1D. Mediocrity has been the biggest issue on this team for the past like 5 years.

Let's pretend like we bring him in. In a couple years we would have $13+ million dedicated to DK and Fowler as our top pair.

That's a joke.

Edited by kickazz

Why give up your best assets we possess for "better than what we have" If we're going all in it should probably be for someone who can make a significant impact. Not someone who would be a mediocre 1D.

Let's pretend like we bring him in. In a couple years we would have $12 million + dedicated to DK and Fowler as our top pair.

That's a joke.

so with how's the market as of now, you wouldn't make a move for a D or whom would you go after and what would you be willing to offer?

so with how's the market as of now, you wouldn't make a move for a D or whom would you go after and what would you be willing to offer?

I mean I would go for Trouba or Barrie, I just think Fowler is the lesser of the 3. Trouba is younger and likely has a higher upside. He'll also be cheaper in the long run for us. Barrie is similar in age to Fowler but significantly a better scorer. When I think of Fowler, I think of limbo. When I think of Trouba, I think how he hasn't even hit his prime yet or is close to it. When I think of Barrie I think of "holy s*** give me those 50 points on the blue line". Barrie is also the cheaper option for the long run.

If we're giving away our 1st round pick then it should be a legit upgrade.

Edited by kickazz

I mean I would go for Trouba or Barrie, I just think Fowler is the lesser of the 3. Trouba is younger and likely has a higher upside. He'll also be cheaper in the long run for us. Barrie is similar in age to Fowler but significantly a better scorer.

If we're giving away our 1st round pick then it should be a legit upgrade.

just the 1st round pick gets you Trouba or Barrie?

BTW you dodged my question.

Here's another. What do you think the top end potential is for Dekeyser, Fowler,and Trouba?

Fowler got his points on a "top team" like you yourself said. "A team that won their division". What's the guarantee he would do the same in an offensively defective team like ours? (see Mike Green). Fowler is maybe slightly better than DK. But not by much. For the record, I don't even think DK is a top 2 D-man.

I've already said, Trouba is younger. He probably has bigger room to improve than both of them. If we had a choice between the 3, I'd hope the other two are higher on the list. Trouba is probably more worth the gamble imo if he's to come here to play top 2. Is he a top 2? Idk. But definitely a better risk-benefit situation than Fowler is. Plus he'd be cheaper over the course of the contract.

Edited by kickazz

Why give up your best assets we possess for "better than what we have" If we're going all in it should probably be for someone who can make a significant impact. Not someone who would be a mediocre 1D. Mediocrity has been the biggest issue on this team for the past like 5 years.

Let's pretend like we bring him in. In a couple years we would have $13+ million dedicated to DK and Fowler as our top pair.

That's a joke.

You think Fowler will get $8+ million?

I'm not a huge Fowler fan, but what that scenario has going for it is that it looks like it might be a good match. We can sit around all day listing defensemen we'd rather have, but if there's not a good trade fit it's pointless. Anaheim has a surplus of good young defensemen, and at least one is almost certain to be traded at some point this year. They have reportedly been looking for a scoring winger. While I wouldn't say we have a "surplus" of them, I would say we have enough promising kids that it's worth the risk in giving up one of Nyquist/Tatar plus a little extra.

Fowler got his points on a "top team" like you yourself said. "A team that won their division". What's the guarantee he would do the same in an offensively defective team like ours? (see Mike Green). Fowler is maybe slightly better than DK. But not by much. For the record, I don't even think DK is a top 2 D-man.

I've already said, Trouba is younger. He probably has bigger room to improve than both of them. If we had a choice between the 3, I'd hope the other two are higher on the list. Trouba is probably more worth the gamble imo if he's to come here to play top 2. Is he a top 2? Idk. But definitely a better risk-benefit situation than Fowler is. Plus he'd be cheaper over the course of the contract.

Dickie wasn't talking about points. Fowler led the Ducks in ice time per game. And for the record, the Ducks only scored 6 more goals than the Wings.

Still didn't answer. I didn't say points, I asked why a division winner would play a guy who will never be a #2 top minutes? And what is the top potential for the three of them.

Dickie wasn't talking about points. Fowler led the Ducks in ice time per game. And for the record, the Ducks only scored 6 more goals than the Wings.

Ah okay. Well he's not that good at shot suppression, shot generation, pretty terrible shooting percent, not much of a possession juggernaut, seems to be on ice for more goals against than goals for, comparable to DK with shot blocking, and giving up the puck, doesn't really use his body much (had half the hits as DK did over the course of the season). But you know, he plays 22 minutes so he will fit nicely in the 1D role. None of the other stuff matters cause minutes. Fowler + DK will be the pair to get us the Cup.

Am I the only one who think Mike Green had a good season? He's low key the wings best defenseman

For the Red Wings yes, but between his season with Caps and then with the Wings his production went down. Probably because the Caps are a better team.

Edited by kickazz

I was wondering about him, what was the role he was brought in to fill in? top pair?

Dekeseyer and him never clicked so they abandoned it pretty quickly. I think there's a quote from Holland last year after the signing where he said he was brought here to play with DD

Dekeseyer and him never clicked so they abandoned it pretty quickly. I think there's a quote from Holland last year after the signing where he said he was brought here to play with DD

oh thanks, I vaguely remember what Holland said and I think I was mixing it up with KFQ and DK playing together.

Edited by NerveDamage

Still didn't answer. I didn't say points, I asked why a division winner would play a guy who will never be a #2 top minutes? And what is the top potential for the three of them.

Top 2 in minutes, but not in quality. Not much different than DK being our top 2. Or Zetterberg being our 1C/2C in terms of minutes but not in quality. Besides, his 22 minutes didn't really pay off when they got eliminated by the 7th seed Nashville in the playoffs. So, I'm thinking, "22 minutes on a team that got KO'd 1st round by a 7th seeded team". See how I can twist the narrative too?

Edited by kickazz