• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Official 2016 Detroit Red Wings Offseason Thread

Rate this topic

So, Larkin is going to sit out the AHL playoffs that start tonight for GR?

Because.....reasons?

To me the obvious is that he just played 82 NHL Regular season games AND a tough 5 game series. At this stage I dont think he has anything to learn at the AHL level. He looked a bit burned out in the second half this year compared to the beginning of the season, why not let him rest and focus on next year. Its also not worth the injury rish. Differant story for a guy like Mantha who has alot of development left, Larkin is just past that point.

That's ridiculous. Didn't it come out that Z was pushing for more minutes for Athanasiou? Also, it just doesn't make any sense for them to push for someone like Andersson to come back.

I think Z and Kronwall definitely lead the room, they're the leaders for a reason, but they weren't destroying the team so their buddies could play. That's just retarded.

I do think Blashill deferred to the vets too much, and it's because he's so new to the league. But I don't think they were making team wide line decisions.

Handling vets and kids requires different approaches. Babcock had a similar problem when he joined the Wings, only he road the vets too hard in practice and tried to micromanage. I think Blashill just panicked and left morale and motivation purely to the vets, thinking they'd find that next level and carry the team. I doubt he makes that mistake next year.

I'm just saying the coach has to have the final say. Why wouldn't he went to play the guys he won with? IMO we have to have a roster where Z is the rhird line center by mid season next year. Kronwall definitely needs reduced minutes. We are a young fast team and need to play like it.

I'm just saying the coach has to have the final say. Why wouldn't he went to play the guys he won with? IMO we have to have a roster where Z is the rhird line center by mid season next year. Kronwall definitely needs reduced minutes. We are a young fast team and need to play like it.

This. We need to tailor our team on the strengths we have and up front it's speed, that means playing a fast style if we get the right defense to play that way this team will be so much better. You see moments of it when we our breaking out well and the forwards are flying, teams can't stop that but it needs to be a consistent thing

To me the obvious is that he just played 82 NHL Regular season games AND a tough 5 game series. At this stage I dont think he has anything to learn at the AHL level. He looked a bit burned out in the second half this year compared to the beginning of the season, why not let him rest and focus on next year. Its also not worth the injury rish. Differant story for a guy like Mantha who has alot of development left, Larkin is just past that point.

I guess, but he is 19. He should go play at the WC, then.

If I were Holland, my number 1 priority this offseason would be PK Subban. If the rumors of his availability are true, Holland has got to make that happen. I would be willing to trade anything up to and including Mantha+++. And if it turns out he is available but gets traded to another team, then Holland can GTFO.

If Subban is dangled this summer I'd say we even have an advantage offering a package with Mantha. We all know how Montreal loves their french players. They probably wouldn't refuse a trade involving a guy with Mantha's potential. They've wanted XO in the past as well... Mantha, XO, Sproul, first round pick. Get the conversation started. If Subban can be landed, the only prospect they should worry about holding onto as far as defense goes is Russo. He isn't french so he is probably safe.

I was just reading that some insiders are saying if Dats doesn't play next season and Holland does find a team to move the contract to, they'll most likely want a major asset like a first rounder along with it. So should the Wings just absorb the cap hit for the one season, or possibly lose assets to get rid of it?

I just want to believe Datsyuk will be back even when the writing is on the wall.. this probability is honestly depressing me to see the players that were (are) larger than life to me slowly retire or age into such a limited role... if Datsyuk played a full season I wouldn't be surprised to see him around 70+ points at 38 years old. His speed has slowed down considerably but his hands,IQ and shot are still very much there.

I was just reading that some insiders are saying if Dats doesn't play next season and Holland does find a team to move the contract to, they'll most likely want a major asset like a first rounder along with it. So should the Wings just absorb the cap hit for the one season, or possibly lose assets to get rid of it?

That'd be a pretty silly deal. No way it's worth it to lose a first round pick just to save cap for a year. Unless we absolutely need it to fit someone like Stamkos, then it's kind of sort of like a first for Stamkos. Kind of. But not really.

A deal with a team looking to reach the cap floor shouldn't need a sweetener. It's an even deal as it is.

That'd be a pretty silly deal. No way it's worth it to lose a first round pick just to save cap for a year. Unless we absolutely need it to fit someone like Stamkos, then it's kind of sort of like a first for Stamkos. Kind of. But not really.

A deal with a team looking to reach the cap floor shouldn't need a sweetener. It's an even deal as it is.

I def agree, thought it was pretty stupid as well, especially at this point with the team in transition. Can't give up desperately needed major assets for one year of cap relief. A 7+ million ghost contract is very worthwhile to a team needing to absorb cap.

No chance we would need to trade a first rounder. The cap hit itself has value to some small market team that needs to hit the floor.

If anything we would have to trade a pick just to get one in return. Like trade a fourth rounder, get a fifth rounder in return. That's about as far as it would need to go to "sweeten the pot".

The only way moving that cap would cost this team anything of any value is if the team taking on the cap hit had to pay out any salary for it. Like the Pronger contract, for example. That is not the case with pasha's contract. Zero dollars would be paid out.

I def agree, thought it was pretty stupid as well, especially at this point with the team in transition. Can't give up desperately needed major assets for one year of cap relief. A 7+ million ghost contract is very worthwhile to a team needing to absorb cap.

I doubt it would cost anything near a first rounder, but it would cost something. At least taking a bad contract back.

To the PK subban speculation..

http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-the-ice/friedman-thinks-canadiens-will-listen-on-subban-trade-offers/

Friedman's view on subban trade speculation..

I think theyre going to listen, because I think you always have to listen. But I dont think its happening unless the trade is one that I think they know that if, if, if they trade P.K. Subban, whoever comes in there is going to be starting at a deficit from the fan point of view. You have to be able to say that a) this trade makes sense for us, and our fans will understand it, and b) you have to be able to know that you are bringing in somebody who is going to be able to handle it. The backlash initially will be severe."

And Ill tell you this. I think if they do put Subban on the market, I think they will get good offers for him. I think there are teams that will be interested, No. 1, and I think teams will know that if they want to make a trade with Montreal, theyre going to have to give up quality."

Obviously a potential trade with the wings would mean they'd have to find defensive help elsewhere, and holland likely won't be willing to pay the price, but man id love to see subban in a wings jersey. :P

I don't understand all these rumblings I'm reading online about how the redwings will have to give up a good prospect or a 2nd-3rd rounder to get rid of datsyuks contract

If we're trading his contract to a team like Arizona who doesn't wanna spend to the bottom and get to save actual money , then how is it there the ones doing a favour for us? The way I see it were helping eachother out but we have to give up a good asset as well? In my mind a 7th should be more than enough and they get to save 5-7 million , don't get it

Is there any way we could trade datsyuks contract for pronger? We'd have to pay 575 000$ actual money as where as Arizona would pay no money and save more money as datsyuk's cap number is higher

If that scenario isn't doable I'd ether save the asset, and suck it up for one season and ACTUALLY play some of the kids !

Wanna free up cap space to sign some bodies? Get rid of Howard and Ericsson ... 10 million right there

I can't see Habs trading PK to Detroit and if you think that Smith is making stupid decisions then you don't wan't PK (and certainly not at 9M+$).

I would rather try to get either Shatty or Trouba. I would offer: Nyquist/Tatar, XO, Pulks/Jurco and 2017 1st.

Go after Backes (RH) can play either center or wing, Lucic/Okposo and Martin.

Larkin - Backes - Mantha

Abdelkader - Z - Lucic/Okposo

Tatar/Nyquist - AA - Jurco

Martin - LG - Tangardi/Bertuzzi

DeKe - Shatty/Trouba

Smith - Green

Downfall - Russo

Marchenko

Errorson (Buyout) since KH needs to do it for the past several years

Mrazek

FA

I don't understand all these rumblings I'm reading online about how the redwings will have to give up a good prospect or a 2nd-3rd rounder to get rid of datsyuks contract

If we're trading his contract to a team like Arizona who doesn't wanna spend to the bottom and get to save actual money , then how is it there the ones doing a favour for us? The way I see it were helping eachother out but we have to give up a good asset as well? In my mind a 7th should be more than enough and they get to save 5-7 million , don't get it

Is there any way we could trade datsyuks contract for pronger? We'd have to pay 575 000$ actual money as where as Arizona would pay no money and save more money as datsyuk's cap number is higher

If that scenario isn't doable I'd ether save the asset, and suck it up for one season and ACTUALLY play some of the kids !

Wanna free up cap space to sign some bodies? Get rid of Howard and Ericsson ... 10 million right there

Budget team will take his contract... offer them 3rd rounder andnit should be enough. His contract is more moveable since they don't need to pay a penny to Dats.

KH should unload Francine contract also. When KH was talking about rebuild: with all contract that he's giving, we will be in tough position.

The problem is i don't want to give up a 3rd rounder to trade datsyuk's contract , why should we have to give up that high a pick to help a team who don't want to reach the bottom cap?

We're doing them a favor as well by them saving 5-7 million actual cash , makes no sense to me

Trade his contract to Arizona for Chris pronger's contract or suck it up for one season and give kids like mantha and athanasiou 14-16 minutes a night

It's one season

The problem is i don't want to give up a 3rd rounder to trade datsyuk's contract , why should we have to give up that high a pick to help a team who don't want to reach the bottom cap?

We're doing them a favor as well by them saving 5-7 million actual cash , makes no sense to me

Trade his contract to Arizona for Chris pronger's contract or suck it up for one season and give kids like mantha and athanasiou 14-16 minutes a night

It's one season

They don't need Dats to reach Cap, they have enough Cap space to absord his contract so that's the difference why we need to add otherwise it doesn't change anything for them.

I don't want Pronger's contract we already have Francine who's going to end up on LT.

Get rid of Dats contract, go after Backes, Lucic, Okposo, Stamkos (depending on his health), Yandle... keep money for possible trades (Trouba)...

They don't need Dats to reach Cap, they have enough Cap space to absord his contract so that's the difference why we need to add otherwise it doesn't change anything for them.

I don't want Pronger's contract we already have Francine who's going to end up on LT.

Get rid of Dats contract, go after Backes, Lucic, Okposo, Stamkos (depending on his health), Yandle... keep money for possible trades (Trouba)...

Prongers hit is lower than pavel's ....a budget team is always looking to spend the least amount of money as possible

And we don't need to panic and start signing a bunch of these ufa's you listed and handcuff us for the future(it's a week ufa class)

If we wanted to free up cap space and sign a ufa or do a trade then we'll have to do trades and get rid of money(Howard,Ericsson)

http://www.wingingitinmotown.com/2016/4/23/11493464/report-ken-holland-declined-making-steve-yzerman-red-wings-general-manager

More theories!

When Steve Yzerman left the front office to manage the Lightning, Mike Ilitch said he had approached Holland about moving up in the front office to make room for Yzerman as general manager.

Ilitch said Holland declined.

Edited by kickazz

Does anyone believe tyler bertuzzi can make the roster. I heard more then not great things about him, but not much chatter recently at all about his potential to be a redwing. IMO the redwings could really use a player like him