• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
frankgrimes

Potentially new GMs

Rate this topic

For the last time it's not a rebuild, a rebuild means getting rid of past their prime players, sign people to short-term contracts in order to use them as assets for more draft picks and get TOP picks. What the Wings are doing/have tried to do is reTOOL: (have players in the minors and hope they turn out better than expected while the current core is still somewhat able to play), on the fly - major difference.

For the last time, it is a REBUILD, what it is not is a tank job. When you get rid of every veteran on your team, you turn into the Edmonton Oilers, and it typically takes about 10 years to become relevant again. Not something I want to do, and thank god not something Holland or Mr. I want to do either. It's clear you will never accept this, I dont feel like going back and forth with you anymore.

You dont believe me, just compare their roster today to the roster they had in 2012. Gone are Cleary, Fillppula, Franzen?, Datsyuk ?, Hudler, Bertuzzi, Emmerton, Holmstrom, Eaves, Lidstrom, White, Stuart, Conklin, Mursak, Conner, Brunnstrom, Kindl and Janik.

In are Larkin, Nyquist, Tatar, Sheahan, AA, Glendening, Jurco, Pulkkinen, DD, Marchenko, Ouelette, Mantha, Jurco and Mrazek.

That is alot of turnover in just 4 years. Granted some of those players in 2012 at the end of the list were not major contributors by any stretch, but the point is that we are re-building.

Edited by kliq

For the last time it's not a rebuild, a rebuild means getting rid of past their prime players, sign people to short-term contracts in order to use them as assets for more draft picks and get TOP picks. What the Wings are doing/have tried to do is reTOOL: (have players in the minors and hope they turn out better than expected while the current core is still somewhat able to play), on the fly - major difference.

We can all dream about it but the fact is the guy is not available. I hope if the Bolts lose Stamkos and Drouin Winnik will go bonkers and fire him so the Wings can finally bring the captain back but that's more a dream than reality.

Let's think logically about this. Yzerman is living in sunny Florida, making big bucks and has zero pressure from fans. It's the perfect gig. Why would he leave, just because he loves the Wings? This is his career we are talking about. Like any of us he will stay where the weather is nice and the pressure is low and the money is big.

Let's think logically about this. Yzerman is living in sunny Florida, making big bucks and has zero pressure from fans. It's the perfect gig. Why would he leave, just because he loves the Wings? This is his career we are talking about. Like any of us he will stay where the weather is nice and the pressure is low and the money is big.

That's a very good point, especially in regards to the pressure. Yzerman is considered a hero here, does he really want to tarnish that. This fan base has shown it does not have a problem turning on a GM, and if Yzerman came here and the team showed any type of regression, he would become public enemy #1.

That's a very good point, especially in regards to the pressure. Yzerman is considered a hero here, does he really want to tarnish that. This fan base has shown it does not have a problem turning on a GM, and if Yzerman came here and the team showed any type of regression, he would become public enemy #1.

See my original post in this thread lol

lol didnt even see that. You're right, fans will turn on him if they don't see immediate success.

Yeah and if I remember correctly there were people making a HUGE deal out of him possibly not making it to the Winter Classic. The criticism was getting out of hand. For a Winter classic game... lol.

So no thanks, don't want Stevie here for GM. I'd bring someone else (after Hollands contract is up that is).

Edited by kickazz

If/when Holland is gone, it has to be someone new. We can't just promote someone with the same mindset. We don't need another Matt Millen-type situation where we just promote his assistant with the same ideaz, Outlook and plan.

Needs to be someone from outside the organization.

You guys have no idea if Yzerman would come and be the GM. I guess it's all speculation but to say that he said he would stay in Tampa for 20 years, he's saying that now, who knows what the future holds. He may very well come back to Detroit and he may not. I kind of hope he does.

Well, he still lives here, so don't know why it would be so hard to believe he would leave sunny florida to rebuild "his" hockey team in his home. He may be saying all the politically correct things while in Tampa, but would he really want to live here and keep going to florida every year for the next 20? When he sells his house and moves to Florida, then I'll rule him out coming here...and even then its not 100% out of the question.