• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

ECSF : Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Washington Capitals

Rate this topic

Trotz has had the same problems in the playoffs tho with some great teams. Couldn't find the goals when they were carrying play. I think this was two evenly matched teams but Pitts got the big goals

Yah, that's what I was thinking, his record of playoff 1st round, 2nd round exits go beyond Washington to the days of Nashville. Is he Boudreau? Great regular season coach but missing something in playoffs?

Crazy looking back. So many people had picked this team to win the cup.

"No way anyone's going to beat the Capitals".

I think we all underestimated Penguins. They really had been the best team in the league post all-star break. All it took was for Crosby to find his groove and for Kessel to mesh with the new team I guess.

This team now has Crosby, Malkin and Kessel. Two top players in the world and one of the best goal scorers in the league.

Dam them!

I think we all underestimated Penguins. They really had been the best team in the league post all-star break. All it took was for Crosby to find his groove and for Kessel to mesh with the new team I guess.

This team now has Crosby, Malkin and Kessel. Two top players in the world and one of the best goal scorers in the league.

Dam them!

After the way they finished the last few months of the regular season, I doubt anyone was underestimating them. Its not even Crosby really, he did very little in this last series. It's not Malkin either, it's that second line of Kessel, Bonino, Hagelin and the goaltending of Murray. That second line gave them the depth they needed to compliment the stars and Murray is like the anti-Fleury. Murray has every reason in the world to meltdown and does not, while Fleury has a meltdown several times in a playoff season.

Interesting little fact. The Stanley Cup champion in 1976 had a rookie goalie. The Stanley Cup champion in 1986 had a rookie goalie. The Stanley Cup champion in 2006 had a rookie goalie. Now it's 2016 and there's a rookie goalie that's on a huge hot streak. We need to start a rookie goalie in 2026.

Dam them!

Those people aren't very familiar with the Capitals' history. A team's rotten history is hard to change.

No, let's not.

Hard to root for St. Louis or Pittsburgh. They were the Red Wings biggest rivals next to the Avs in the last 20 years. I don't prefer to jump on their bandwagon for the finals. Too many memories of Quennville getting outcoached by Scott Bowman. Yzerman vs. Pronger. With Pittsburgh it's obviously the Crosby/Malkin v. Datsyuk/Zetterberg rivalry.

I was rooting for Jim Nill's team, but now looks like I'm rooting for The Captains team.

Edited by kickazz