• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

ECSF : Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Washington Capitals

Rate this topic

Here we go again, Ovie versus Cindy Lee...hopefully Ovie gets over on him this time. If Pit eliminates them again, then what kind of genius does Ruthorford look like for all the bold moves he made? (must be nice...)

Edited by LeftWinger

I think this will be the best playoff series on the year and quite possibly the real Stanley Cup Finals. The Penguins are playing really good hockey right now and have been for a few months. Matt Murray is the real deal in goal for them. I just wonder how long a 21 year old with very little experience can hold up under the playoff pressure. The NYR series was never really in question. This one will at least be close.

Another problem in scheduling in my mind...you have the best 2 teams in the East playing in the 2nd round while the 5th and 6th best play each other

Ahhh remember the days of reshuffling so the higher seed gets the lower seed. Should Blues win then you have 1 vs 2 there to I believe

Gotta wonder if there would have been enough evidence to call it a goal if the call on the ice was no goal though. I know there appeared to be white ice, the only angle I saw it from wasn't good enough in my mind. I'm guessing it wouldn't have been a goal...only reason I guess that is because it took so long to review.

Announcers on CBC were dead on leading into OT though...they all assumed the winning goal would likely be a strange one.

Can't believe Orpik only got a 2min interference penalty....obviously the refs didn't miss it and he'll likely end up with a suspension, would be a long one in the regular season.

It's been 12 min since Washington's last shot on goal...and counting