• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

ECSF : Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Washington Capitals

Rate this topic

5 games at the least in this one, but it sure smells like a 7 game series. It's gonna be a good one tonight in Pittsburgh.

Edited by Jacksoni

After watching the video, I'm trying to figure out why it's only 3 games. It had all the ingredients for a massive suspension. Repeat offender, head shot, injury and super late. The head scratcher for me is that the video focused almost solely on it being late and really played down the head contact. There was a comment thrown in that there was significant head contact, but it looked more like principal point of contract to me. Perhaps if this was regular season, he would have gotten 10+? I know there are a lot of people that think a suspension should be a suspension and number of games shouldn't be determined differently for reg season and playoffs, I'm not fully on that side though. 3 games seems somewhat light, but not enough to complain about I guess.

What's interesting, as mentioned earlier, is how he only got a 2min interference penalty. He got a penalty, so the refs didn't miss the play. I really do hope the ref didn't chicken out of giving him a major and game misconduct and settled with minor. I hope the ref only barely saw it and figured it was an easy interference call because if he saw the full play, I'd be pissed that the ref is incompetent. I know they want to let the teams play, but if you see something like this and let it go, recipe for disaster.

We all have known for some time that officiating in the nhl has no integrity whatsoever. Inept, incompetent, whichever I word you want to use, but it's flat out gawdawful to the point everyone has their own conspiracy theories. That hit was later than a $3 hookers period and nailed him in the head and they called interference. Just like they called pavel when his tooth got knocked out. JOKE

Holtby is not a good playoff goalie. I'd say he's somewhere on Howard's level in the postseason. Very average.

Washington continues to be Washington in the playoffs. Can't win OT games. Can't score timely goals. Can't get their superstars to step up. I already mentioned the goaltending.

Hard to believe, but Washington was 1 OT goal (game 1) away from being swept.

Not hard to believe. They stink in the playoffs. Ever since going up 3-0 on the Flyers, the Capitals have continued doing what their franchise has done in its entire playoff history. Find ways to fail.

I love the Wings, but I hate hockey. I ******* hate it, and it's because of the Pens and Hawks. Just lose! Hell, I could handle St Louis winning the cup after all of their futility, but one year it's the Pens and the next the Hawks, this year it looks like the Pens. It never fails.

I love the Wings, but I hate hockey. If****** hate it, and it's because of the Pens and Hawks. Just lose! Hell, I could handle St Louis winning the cup after all of their futility, but one year it's the Pens and the next the Hawks, this year it looks like the Pens. It never fails.

I'd rather have the Pens win than the Blues.

I'm still pulling for San Hosay to win, though.