• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

ECSF : Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Washington Capitals

Rate this topic

Exactly. They looked strong against philly. But if a team can blow through the regular season like they did and then choke like this in the playoffs, there's no hope for that franchise.

To be fair, Pittsburgh was probably one of, if not the best, team in the league since December or January.

Pittsburgh also owned them in the regular season I think (which usually doesn't mean much though)

Well this game 5 is must-watch-tv for me. And a must win for the caps or they are out. They better come out with serious intensity it's do or die.

Edited by Jacksoni

So, someone needs to explain this to me, I thought linesman were able to call major high sticking penalties. Oshie gets a stick near the stomach and he snaps his head back, falls to his knees and grabs his face...absolutely disgusting, I understand embellishment, but absolute faking like that drives me nuts....back on topic, neither ref called anything, but then the linesman convinced them there was a penalty....but only 2 minutes, can that happen?

I'm guessing Oshie is getting fined tomorrow though, not that it will matter.

I love the Wings, but I hate hockey. If****** hate it, and it's because of the Pens and Hawks. Just lose! Hell, I could handle St Louis winning the cup after all of their futility, but one year it's the Pens and the next the Hawks, this year it looks like the Pens. It never fails.

The pens haven't won in 7 years. Calm down.

So, someone needs to explain this to me, I thought linesman were able to call major high sticking penalties. Oshie gets a stick near the stomach and he snaps his head back, falls to his knees and grabs his face...absolutely disgusting, I understand embellishment, but absolute faking like that drives me nuts....back on topic, neither ref called anything, but then the linesman convinced them there was a penalty....but only 2 minutes, can that happen?

I'm guessing Oshie is getting fined tomorrow though, not that it will matter.

I thought the same thing. I was under the impression that they could assist in calling a major penalty or even a four minute. I don't recall ever seeing that for a two minute penalty. Interestingly something similar happened last night in the Islanders/lighting game; however the officials blew the play dead on the high stick, but never made a call. The officiating in the playoffs this year has seemed particularly bad.

Edited by BobRouse03

Agreed. Officiating in the nhl is gawdawful. It's really a shame because the nhl has the best prize to play for in sports and its tainted with this inferior product the league puts on the ice with these refs.

Holtby has to be amazing to win games it seems. Pens offense too potent they could have came back if not for Holtby's stellar play

The Pens do have a great offense, I mean, Malkin and Kunitz are on the third line at the moment. However, they've been getting some good bounces in this series and I don't know if some of these goals are necessarily his fault. Having said that, he can't afford to have an off game because that offense and these fortunate bounces will finish them. Tomorrow's game will show which way this series goes.

Not sure why there is a make up call on a penalty that was black and white (high sticking). The interference call was extremely weak, especially for playoffs and this series. I'd bet after it's over they'll go back to almost nothing called the rest of the way