• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

trule23

Who gets the "A" when datsyuk leaves?

Rate this topic

I have said before that Larikin ( C ) Abby ( A ) and DD ( A ) will be the next regime...but thinking about it, the way Abby plays (not complaining about it BTW) is not really the way a C or A would play and represent his team and command respect from the refs. He would have to change the way he plays, I believe, and then he becomes less effective as a player. It happened to Kronwall. Not that he hasn't dished out a Kronwall or two with the A on his sweater, but he has had only a few and none in a long long time.

That being said, the organization tends to be too loyal and seems to reward players that way. So Abby could get one for that reason. Honestly, I believe Larkin, DD are shoe ins, but the other A could very well go to Glenny or even Helm if he re-signs long term. That is the future.

In the immediate, as I said on the first repsonse to the thread, I still believe E will get it, because Z will demand it or highly recomend it. Thus the guarantee that he will never be traded...ever.

Abby has taken more of a vocal role with the media. He also seems to be more of a locker room voice as he matures. I think he gets the next A. Larkin will get one eventually unless he is just a flash-in-the-pan, which I doubt will be the case. He certainly looks like the real deal. I hope his locker is next to Z's like Z's was next to Stevie's back in the day.

Abby and DK with As, Larkin with the C eventually. Basically just the Yzerman-Draper-Lidstrom dynamic; forward who leads by example to captain the team, two-way player who is a locker-room voice to do all the inspiring, defenceman who leads by example to keep it tight at the back. That seems to me to be the Red Wings way, only problem is with our current set-up none of the three (Z, Dats, Kronner) are really talkers and all try to lead by example, which doesn't always work when they have to do everything. Probably why performance has dropped off with each.

If he could actually play hockey any more I'd also throw in Franzen. Has more experience out of anyone left really, and can do everything required - play well and chirp when needed. But that point is moot.

EDIT: Also worked as the Z-Draper-Lidstrom dynamic too.

Edited by Wing Across The Pond

I think we need someone more vocal. Our current leadership crew are all silent-strong types. That works great for veterans.

But we have younglings now, and they need to get a military style shaving & yelling from time to time.

So I prefer Abdelkader over DK. DK gets the next (Kronwall's). Larkin gets the C when Z retires.

I think we need someone more vocal. Our current leadership crew are all silent-strong types. That works great for veterans.

But we have younglings now, and they need to get a military style shaving & yelling from time to time.

So I prefer Abdelkader over DK. DK gets the next (Kronwall's). Larkin gets the C when Z retires.

What makes you think Abdelkader is the yelling type? He's far from it lol.

What makes you think Abdelkader is the yelling type? He's far from it lol.

You're right I don't think he's the yelling type. But he seems more vocal than previous A's and has somewhat of an authoritative aura, at least to me. An "A" should fit his chest nicely in my opinion.