• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TheDetroitRedWings

Alexander Radulov: Wings on short-list of desired teams

Rate this topic

Also found dreger mentioning the 7.5 per season thing:

Darren Dreger of TSN: The Red Wings are okay with giving Alexander Radulov a one-year contract between $4 and $4.5 million. Sources saying that Radulov is looking for a two-year deal worth $7.5 million per season.

Here's where I actually do trust Ken Holland's veteran experience. He won't bite on this given the disparity regarding terms. Hopefully Radulov demanded so much that the RW backoffice just abort and focus their efforts on other avenues.

I'm slowly warming up to the idea of having Radulov. I'm still super hesitant about it and a two-year deal is too much for me. Best case scenario, though, is that he gels with the team well and makes up for the production we are losing in Datsyuk. Worst case scenario is that he's a locker room cancer and doesn't do much on the ice. Two years or more is a big risk to take when the potential outcome is so widely varying, and the Wings are already a fragile playoff team at best.

Been thinking about this. I think I'd rather us go for Andrew Ladd at this point. He fills two needs.

1. He can score 25 goals a year - something Radulov might not be able to.

2. He's a powerforward. Something Radulov isn't. Something we really need.

Ladd's cap hit was $4.4. But he's due for a raise. He's a leader and a good team player, he'd be a great addition to the Zetterberg lockerroom.

It looks like Chicago has told Ladd they won't resign him EVEN THOUGH he offered to take a pay cut. If that is the case, he might be cheaper than expected. I hope Kenny pushes for him if Stamkos doesn't work. I'd give Ladd $5.5 million 4 years. He'll may want $6-7 million. Best offer $6 million.

Edited by kickazz

Here's where I actually do trust Ken Holland's veteran experience. He won't bite on this given the disparity regarding terms. Hopefully Radulov demanded so much that the RW backoffice just abort and focus their efforts on other avenues.

You mean like he did with Abdelkader?

Been thinking about this. I think I'd rather us go for Andrew Ladd at this point. He fills two needs.

1. He can score 25 goals a year - something Radulov might not be able to.

2. He's a powerforward. Something Radulov isn't. Something we really need.

Ladd's cap hit was $4.4. But he's due for a raise. He's a leader and a good team player, he'd be a great addition to the Zetterberg lockerroom.

It looks like Chicago has told Ladd they won't resign him EVEN THOUGH he offered to take a pay cut. If that is the case, he might be cheaper than expected. I hope Kenny pushes for him if Stamkos doesn't work. I'd give Ladd $5.5 million 4 years. He'll may want $6-7 million. Best offer $6 million.

If Ladd is hitting the market I would gladly take him. He and Abdelkader in the top six really balances our lines out, something Holland has been trying to accomplish for a while, now.

We've brought in Sean Avery, Todd Bertuzzi, Jordin Tootoo for pete's sake!

Brenden Shanahan was labeled as one of the worst locker room cancers when he played for the Blues. And Bowman brought him in regardless. Look at how things turned out for him and the Wings. Even Dominic Hasek was known to cause locker room issues in his previous teams.

Radulov won't be anything out of the ordinary. This is exactly what the Red Wings do. We bring in controversial players and try to make good use of them.

Well, Hasek kinda did cause locker room issues for us his second time through...

That said, I'm not wildly concerned about Radulov corrupting Larkin. Given how hard it is to land FAs or make decent trades these days, I think it's worth the gamble.

Let's see, the Canadian dollar is worth less then a US dollar, which makes Phil Kessel better than Crosby.

A Euro is worth more than the US dollar so H Sedin is better than Kessel

A Kuweiti dinar is worth over 3 US dollars so there must be a Kuweiti hockey player that is the best in the world.

In a word, laughable.

P.S. I don't want Radulov on the Wings, and wouldn't even if a dollar was worth 5 kopeek (0.05 of a Russian ruble)

Obviously the guy was just angling for the highest contract possible. Probably told KHL teams if they dont meet his demands he will go to the NHL and then told NHL teams if they dont meet his demands he would stay in the KHL. Eventually he knew someone would overpay him.

So Holland signed Nielsen for 6 years instead of Radulov for 1? Good job, Kenny. It's just one year. Should have given Radulov 6 and sign Shipachev on top. Now we got Nielsen and Helm. Terrible.

Radulov specifically wanted to go to Montreal according to LeBrun.. Was probably just using other teams to get more money out of them.

Then why he made public that he'd only join teams on his shortlist of about 5 teams? If you wanna sign with a specific franchise and want to get more money outta them you want to get everybody involved to raise your value.

Kenny just messed up. That's how it is.

Then why he made public that he'd only join teams on his shortlist of about 5 teams? If you wanna sign with a specific franchise and want to get more money outta them you want to get everybody involved to raise your value.

He messed up? How? He offered $4.5 million. I wouldn't want to pay a locker room cancer more than that. Sure he's skilled but he's a horrible person. In fact Holland was smart not to panic and offer him $6 million

For negotiating purposes, you make it look like you're legitimately considering other teams. Then the team you want to go to pays you more thinking they might not get you. Thought amato explained it well.

Or maybe you're just ignore this possibility so you can blame this on Holland.